Zone1 My birthday present to me!

Orangecat

Diamond Member
Jun 22, 2020
A little early, but these gems donā€™t come up for sale very often:
IMG_6338.jpeg

My birthday present to me!​

An orange mouse ?

Or, a personally hand written card from King Cat , Mr Donald " Orange " Trump.

I still have this guy:

View attachment 892060

Bought it right after Satisfaction came out and it still works!

Are you familiar with the RAT effects box? I made a custom vacuum tube version of one long ago for a famous guitarist friend with special transconductance curves plus fixed a few others for him. I guess I could technically say that in a sense, he owed me for his trademark sound. :SMILEW~130:

But I did it out of love and friendship, not money nor profit nor fame.

Are you familiar with the RAT effects box? I made a custom vacuum tube version of one long ago for a famous guitarist friend with special transconductance curves plus fixed a few others for him. I guess I could technically say that in a sense, he owed me for his trademark sound. :SMILEW~130:

But I did it out of love and friendship, not money nor profit nor fame.
Old rats are big bucks now. I grew up in Michigan and they were a dime a dozen, being built in Kalamazoo and all.
IMG_6342.png

Last edited:

Well the RAT and a few others, one from the 60s that was used in a 60s band that fell into disfavor and parts and service became scarce which is what got me involved in the first place plus a couple of my own, but the guitarist is dead now and that is a bit too personal that I don't generally share with strangers, especially here where I could be sure only to get trolls laughing and scoffing at me calling me a liar (or bragging). But I'm sure you've heard of him. A British guitarist.

Fuzz tones are such a simple circuit. Basically, all they do is drive the amplifier stage into nonlinearity. In the early days, it was hard to make transistors stay linear.
Truth. I used to hate fuzz until I got a high end germanium Skinpimp. The top ones really are exceptional. The notes bloom and breathe in a way thatā€™s very satisfying. Sadly, the good ones are generally in the $500+ range.

Well the RAT and a few others, one from the 60s that was used in a 60s band that fell into disfavor and parts and service became scarce which is what got me involved in the first place plus a couple of my own, but the guitarist is dead now and that is a bit too personal that I don't generally share with strangers, especially here where I could be sure only to get trolls laughing and scoffing at me calling me a liar (or bragging). But I'm sure you've heard of him.
JB?

That is crazy. If I wanted to, I could make you a better RAT with more range and effects for about a tenth that price.
Collectivity isnā€™t necessarily about quality, but if you ever decide to build one, Iā€™d love to try/buy it.

Truth. I used to hate fuzz until I got a high end germanium Skinpimp. The top ones really are exceptional. The notes bloom and breathe in a way thatā€™s very satisfying. Sadly, the good ones are generally in the $500+ range.

The cheap ones just distort extremely bad while losing all of the harmonic structure of the guitar. I call that noise.

Forum List

Back