Zone1 My advice to Muslims.

You are probably right that most Christians don't understand the Bible and prophecy but you're wrong otherwise. All Israelites were Jews, even Samaritans.
There are two kinds of "Jews": Jews by religion and Jews by tribal ethnicity. The Israelites in Samaria were descendants of the ten tribed Northern Kingdom of Israel, also known as "the house of Israel". They weren't Jews.

Last edited:
There are two kinds of "Jews": Jews by religion and Jews by tribal ethnicity. The Israelites in Samaria were descendants of the ten tribed Northern Kingdom of Israel, also known as "the house of Israel". They weren't Jews.
The Israelites were Jews regardless of whether they practiced it or not. Got a link that says otherwise?

Less wood. More nuts.

What would really be nice is to keep Ethics and Religion separate, ya know,.. like they are in real life ;)
In real life they aren't separate. Our values are informed by who we are. Who we are is informed by our experiences. Religion - for some - is an integral part of both.

I think they overlap quite a bit.
Stating that religion and ethics "overlap quite a bit" concedes that they don't always. Ethics and lack of religion also "overlap quite a bit."
Religion - for some - is an integral part of both.
Same. Ethics is equally "integral" to atheists. Conceit is the only reason for exclusively lumping them together here. Ethics playing second fiddle behind Religion as though the former were somehow responsible for the latter. Atheists like myself are aware that we're being deliberately insulted. You may quit pretending otherwise and remove the clown shoes anytime..

Same. Ethics is equally "integral" to atheists. Conceit is the only reason for exclusively lumping them together here. Ethics playing second fiddle behind Religion as though the former were somehow responsible for the latter. Atheists like myself are aware that we're being deliberately insulted. You may quit pretending otherwise and remove the clown shoes anytime..
There was no intention on my part to insult atheists. I wasn't even thinking of atheists when I wrote that.

I think you are reading way too much into my post. You argued they should be kept separate. I argued that that wasn't possible for some religious folks and explained why. So back the fuck up.

You are probably right that most Christians don't understand the Bible and prophecy but you're wrong otherwise. All Israelites were Jews, even Samaritans.

Four Arab tribes settled in Samaria during the Babylonian exile. That's why the Jews in Jerusalem scorned them.

God gave the birthright promises to Isaac, not Ishmael. Get over it.

9 And Sarah saw the son of Hagar the Egyptian, which she had born unto Abraham, mocking.

10 Wherefore she said unto Abraham, Cast out this bondwoman and her son: for the son of this bondwoman shall not be heir with my son, even with Isaac.

There's advice here?

Stating that religion and ethics "overlap quite a bit" concedes that they don't always. Ethics and lack of religion also "overlap quite a bit."

It seems to me that ethics are applied selectively while morals are applied generally.

Four Arab tribes settled in Samaria during the Babylonian exile. That's why the Jews in Jerusalem scorned them.
The Assyrians carried away the notable Israelites of the Northern Kingdom leaving the poor, who were of no value to them. It is to these that Jesus, and the disciples, were sent.

Forum List

Back