My 5 point solution to the dinosaur Post Office troubles.

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Midnight Marauder, Mar 2, 2010.

1. Midnight Marauder

Midnight Marauder BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,876
    The dinosaur answers coming from the postmaster are no surprise. They lack intelligence, reason and creativity and fail to address the main issues. He wants to cut service greatly while increasing the price of a stamp. What a idiot. Here's what he should do:

1.) Charge the ever-living PISS out of bulk mailers, instead of giving them dirt-cheap rates. Mr. Postmaster, this shit is SPAM and floods your system with garbage daily, costs you billions to process. Either end the SPAM altogether or charge out the ass for it.

2.) LOWER your stamp rates, not raise them! Make "snail mail" somewhat more attractive than it is now.

3.) Offer EMAIL. Yes, that's right, EMAIL. For a small fee, folks can get themselves an official "uspost.us" email account. Hell, make that site a facebook-like deal. Get into the internet, embrace it, learn it, love it. Think about 20 million or so folks paying you $10 a year for your internet services. (That's $200 million a year there, sir. A conservative estimate of what you could generate here.) Shit, we have people DONATING even, to this message board. Why are you leaving this incredible source of income untapped?

4.) Get your cost per pound processed DOWN, by cutting waste and trimming the fat. Again, greatly reducing the SPAM you sludge out daily will help greatly with this, reducing fuel costs, labor, ALL of your bigger costs. Figure out ways to save on utilities, fuel, parts and repairs -- stop accepting the dogma that the government pays more for everything. You're not a government entity anymore, you're a for-profit enterprise that is regulated by the government. Get competitive.

5.) Fix your tarnished public image and perception. Again here -- people HATE junk mail! Get yourself a snappy ad campaign aimed at winning back hearts and minds, instead of your stupid current shit about flat-rate bulk shipping. Combine the bulk shipping info with your new campaign, get more advertising bang for the buck.

How about it? Sound like anything that has worked for others?

Blithering idiot.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 3
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2010
  2. Baruch Menachem

Baruch Menachem '

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,305
    Bulk rate subsidizes the rest of the postal system as it is. But it also is the source of most of the costs of the system as well.

they should raise the bulk rate till the post office breaks even. the mail these days is 98% spam it seems.

3. Midnight Marauder

Midnight Marauder BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,876
    Which shows you, the Postmaster is not addressing the actual problem.

4. PLYMCO_PILGRIM

PLYMCO_PILGRIM Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,863
    Also remove the government from the management of the postal service.

Allow the post office to act as a corporation and control their prices, control their wages, and control their hours of operation.

The P.O. has so much trouble for the very reason i'm against government getting involved in health care.....the government is involved.

"I'm from the government and I'm here to help" -9 scariest words in the english language when strung together (Paraphrased RR)

5. Midnight Marauder

Midnight Marauder BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,876
    That would be the ultimate solution, however we all know there is no way that would ever happen.

6. PLYMCO_PILGRIM

PLYMCO_PILGRIM Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,863
    Lately im less and less sure about us, as a people, lacking the capacity to control our government.

We just need to take the power back...granted the post office isn't on the "important to take back" list at the moment but still. I got to keep the attidude that we are the boss of the government and if we want them out of the post office we can make it happen. ;)

Realistically its not happening anytime soon, i know.

7. kyzr

kyzr Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +630
    Great ideas. I support them 110%!!

8. Harry Dresden

Harry Dresden Latinum, Plantinum,Silver,Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,645
    1....bulk mail is what keeps the price of everything they do down,including stamps,if they charge the piss out of them they will lose customers....
    2.....the US has the cheapest stamp rate anywhere in the world.....44 cents to go from NY to the northern part of Alaska,see who else will do that for 44 cents.....
    3.....they would probably need Congress to approve this.....how many years would this take....
    4....they are not a for-profit enterprise.....they are mandated by Congress to hopefully break even....if they make a profit it cant be much...
    5.....people hate junk mail?....if i dont deliver the food ads on Tuesday i hear about it on Wednesday...many ladies out there want their Catalogs....more people like the shit they get then you would believe MM......some people even sign up to receive different Catalogs...lots of them...
    6.....the PO has the highest rating for trust and reliability than any other Govt agency by far...what tarnished public image
    7....that stupid shit about flat rate shipping has resulted in a hell of a lot of parcel business.....a guy on my route who does mail order was using UPS until this came along.....he feels this kicks UPS in the ass.....other carriers have had similar experiences.....
    8.....what else do ya got.....

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2010
  9. Harry Dresden

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,645
    the actual problem is that Management WASTES money.....LOTS OF IT.....since they are not accountable for it like a CEO is, no one does anything about it....if the PMG and his District Managers had to answer to a board of Directors and account for the money.....things would be different.....heads dont roll in Postal Management when you fuck up....

10. Harry Dresden

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,645
    the Govt does not run it....they own it and they control it.....meaning the PO has got to get permission to take a piss.....but the operation is run by the management in the PO....