CDZ Muslim Terrorism versus Islamopohobes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally, I find Muslims as a whole to be intolerant of many basic Western thoughts.

My first question would be: What is your opinion based on? Personal acquaintance with numerous Muslims? Extensive reading on Islam? Other?

Knowing that would be helpful in addressing your opinion.

Feel free to express your opinion, mine has been given. You are free to disagree.

The word Islamophobia is a ridiculous misnomer, IMHO. A phobia is an extremely irrational dislike or fear of something. To dislike or be critical and concerned over the beliefs and ideas that make up Islam, or any religion for that matter, is not irrational, nor is it extremely fearful or hateful. It is no more phobic to dislike and criticise a religious set of beliefs, than it is any other set of beliefs.

And, as someone (NOT Christopher Hitchens, apparently) once said: Islamophobia: a word created by fascists, used by cowards, to manipulate morons.

What would be a better term? Anti-Muslim?
How about simply people who dislike backwards Muslim ideology? Why does it have to be some hate-sounding catchphrase that demonizes for no logical reason the very people it defines ?
people who proclaim that there are no innocent muslims, should not complain about demonization.
So stating a fact that all Muslims want the whole world to be under sharia is demonizing them? Ask a Muslim in the US if he or she would prefer to live under sharia than under the US Constitution. If anyone chooses the latter, then they aren't Muslim to start with.

that is not a fact. and you are not the one to judge who is a muslim and who is not.

barring entry is a western value

protecting ones own is a normal reaction to violence.

When a group of people see members going over the edge, they have the responsibility to bring them to heel before things get out of hand. Or at the very least, sign up to fight them in droves.

but they refuse, out and out refuse.

Muslims murder people throughout the ME, in the EU, Africa, asia, russia, USA and even in the Philippines.

We no longer have any reason to be polite to the group, b/c that group has done nothing of any merit to stop the world wide violence.

I would say our Melting Pot philosophy is more widely accepted.

The West lets in more different kinds of people than China, Saudi Arabia and all the other non-Western countries who let virtually no one in.

Mudda, we are talking about Western values, not ME values.
And the West's values are that we let in waaaaayyyyy more refugees of all kinds then any non-Western bunch of countries.

So, an effective Constitutionally defensible method would be a good thing.

When a group of people see members going over the edge, they have the responsibility to bring them to heel before things get out of hand.
Or at the very least, sign up to fight them in droves.

Muslims murder people throughout the ME, in the EU, Africa, asia, russia, USA and even in the Philippines.

We no longer have any reason to be polite to the group, b/c that group has done nothing of any merit to stop the world wide violence.

I disagree with that because it assumes they have any control over other people's actions for one. For another, why should they "sign up in droves" to go fight in some godforsaken country with a bunch of people that may share their religion but not their values? I don't recall Christians being told they should sign up to fight the LRA in Africa and bring them to heel.

If I were Muslim, I'd be more concerned about preventing radicalization in my own country and protecting my family and children from it's insiduous propaganda.

How about simply people who dislike backwards Muslim ideology? Why does it have to be some hate-sounding catchphrase that demonizes for no logical reason the very people it defines ?
people who proclaim that there are no innocent muslims, should not complain about demonization.
So stating a fact that all Muslims want the whole world to be under sharia is demonizing them? Ask a Muslim in the US if he or she would prefer to live under sharia than under the US Constitution. If anyone chooses the latter, then they aren't Muslim to start with.

It is if it isn't a "fact"... that's when it becomes an 'ism.
Like I said, go ask a few Muslims if they'd prefer the US be under sharia, you'll have your answer. The fact is, you won't find a Muslim who wouldn't prefer sharia over anything else, it's a central core element of their faith. Now you know. Glad I could help.

Any evidence to support that?

Like I said, go ask a few Muslims if they'd prefer the US be under sharia, you'll have your answer. The fact is, you won't find a Muslim who wouldn't prefer sharia over anything else, it's a central core element of their faith. Now you know. Glad I could help.

Who doesn't prefer the comfort of home? Things is, as the left has mentioned, most of the Muslim immigrants here get up and go to work, then pay their taxes like all other Americans. Is the possibility of one going off justify removing them all or preventing any from migrating?

The West lets in more different kinds of people than China, Saudi Arabia and all the other non-Western countries who let virtually no one in.

Mudda, we are talking about Western values, not ME values.
And the West's values are that we let in waaaaayyyyy more refugees of all kinds then any non-Western bunch of countries.

More than 4.5 million refugees from Syria are in just five countries: Turkey, Lebanon, Jordan, Iraq and Egypt.

This country also prosecutes people who let their kids dies from a religious belief, disallows snakes in ceremonies, no human sacrifices and so on. It is not beyond legal norms to suggest practices which can harm religious members or others to be banned. Does Sharia law fall within that?

Personally, I find Muslims as a whole to be intolerant of many basic Western thoughts.

My first question would be: What is your opinion based on? Personal acquaintance with numerous Muslims? Extensive reading on Islam? Other?

read any eu news outlet of the violence and intolerance of local traditions and ways of life.

XXXXXXXXXXXXX

Last edited by a moderator:

Feel free to express your opinion, mine has been given. You are free to disagree.

Opinions based in fact have more value than those based on feelings. If you had facts, you'd be happy to share them. That you won't suggests that you can't. Thus you've placed a value on your opinion.

My opinion is that your title seems to suggest there is something unique to Islam that fosters terrorism. Countless non-Muslim terror groups suggest otherwise. This blinkered perspective clouds the issue, and if you're looking to "solve" the problem of terrorism, you need to see it clearly.

read any eu news outlet of the violence and intolerance of local traditions and ways of life.

pretending your questions are valid is just another form of lying

Two thumbs? I am trying to keep this by the book in the CDZ. Can you edit out the last sentence please.

When a group of people see members going over the edge, they have the responsibility to bring them to heel before things get out of hand. Or at the very least, sign up to fight them in droves.

I would say our Melting Pot philosophy is more widely accepted.
that's something 'we' accept, muslims refuse, violently, to do so.

America was settled by, mostly, europeans, people that didn't always get along, but understood each other and needed to work together to survive then succeed.

sunis and shittes will murder each other during their holy pilgrimage.

Opinions based in fact have more value that those based on feelings. If you had facts, you'd be happy to share them. That you won't suggests that you can't. Thus you've placed a value on your opinion.

My opinion is that your title seems to suggest there is something unique to Islam that fosters terrorism. Countless non-Muslim terror groups suggest otherwise. This blinkered perspective clouds the issue, and if you're looking to "solve" the problem of terrorism, you need to see it clearly.

Based on your above post, I presume you feel the Islamophobe part is acceptable. You seem to have equally large blinkers. So how about you address the OP instead?

The word I would use is "rational"

It's interesting how those who defend this one, particular ideology do not use the word "phobia" to describe the opposition to any other ideology.

Are you conservaphobic?" Are you fascistaphobic?

It is the extreme selectivity of the use of a disparaging term that reveals the hypocrisy and dishonesty of those who use it.

Why people lack the ability to distinguish between bigotry aimed at things beyond somebody's control and vehement disagreement with a belief or ideology is beyond me, but the authoritarian left sure doesn't have that ability.

pretty sure I'm within the rules

report me if you need to, but not going to edit the truth.

You called a poster a liar, that is a violation. Trying to make this work for both sides buddy, your help is appreciated.

When a group of people see members going over the edge, they have the responsibility to bring them to heel before things get out of hand.
Or at the very least, sign up to fight them in droves.

I disagree with that because it assumes they have any control over other people's actions for one. For another, why should they "sign up in droves" to go fight in some godforsaken country with a bunch of people that may share their religion but not their values? I don't recall Christians being told they should sign up to fight the LRA in Africa and bring them to heel.

If I were Muslim, I'd be more concerned about preventing radicalization in my own country and protecting my family and children from it's insiduous propaganda.
the last line is what I meant with your bolding.

bring them to heel, show them another way.

I'm unfamiliar with the LRA, but as you know muslims are mass murdering people there now, and have been for many years.

moderate muslims need to do something or be group with the radicals as enablers.

Opinions based in fact have more value that those based on feelings. If you had facts, you'd be happy to share them. That you won't suggests that you can't. Thus you've placed a value on your opinion.

Based on your above post, I presume you feel the Islamophobe part is acceptable. You seem to have equally large blinkers. So how about you address the OP instead?

I thought I'd addressed the OP. You stated an opinion. I asked you what it was based on. You reiterated your opinion and asked for mine. I gave you mine. I said nothing about Islamophobes, because I'm not certain what the term means.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back