Muslim Chaplain Arrested for Allegedly Trying to Smuggle Razor Blades Into NYC Jail

Let's say there is a group of fervent motherfuckers who share a goal of killing Americans.

And let's say the aforesaid fervent motherfuckers happen to share something in common: they are all adherents, say, of the same religion.

And let's say that when they meet in their place of worship, they also (in a religious zeal) discuss their fervent hopes, goals, aspirations and plans to bring about the deaths of many Americans.

Is it some violation of the First Amendment's provision about religious freedom for the government to monitor what these fervent motherfuckers are saying in their places of worship?

If your answer is "yes, it is" then please tell us all:

How on Earth does monitoring the conversation of these fervent motherfuckers tend to establish an official State religion or deny to anybody the free exercise of their own religions? I mean, that IS what the Constitution prohibits.

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof..."

Are you really that ignorant about how our system is designed to work? Any 9th grade civics student who is paying attention can answer that. The law requires the FBI or anyother police authority to have probable cause before listening in on anyone's conversations for any reason. Now, with the Patriot Act, the government has been given authority to tap first and get the warrant later, but they still have to get the warrant.

Remember Tim McVeigh? What if the government, without warrants, just went around willy nilly listening in on conversations of white men after the OKC bombing.

You sound afraid also. Our system has enough safeguards, that if the police follow the rules, your rights are protected and the criminals/terrorists can be watched and apprehended.

Beowulfe doesn't believe they should watch any mosque - even when the IMAM is clearly aiding and abetting terrorism. No church should fear outside guests. It sure could have helped the Catholics if they had gotten involved earlier. Why would the worshippers need to feel intimidated? Especially if it was done discreetly - like undercover. :cuckoo:

YOu don't know what I believe or don't believe so I wil tell you. The FBI shouldn't be watching any mosque just because it's a mosque. The law requires that there be more. Apparently, I'm not like you.............so afraid that I'd agree to have the US become a police state. Been there done that and it doesn't work for anyone.

Do you know what you call a democratic republic that breaks its own laws in time of emergencies?...... A dictatorship. Is that what you want? Or do you think that because you are not muslim that it won't affect you?

Redefine Islam as a cult and then it is not a religion and gets no free pass for same.
As soon as the "Peaceful" Islamic terrorists stop killing Americans they can apply for their belief system to be recognized as a religion.

Come on guys!!! Don't you know enough about the law to know that this is not about religion??? If you were to have been caught like this guy was caught, would that give the police the right to search your workplace w/o a warrant?

This is about criminal provisions of our law and not the first amendment. This guy just happens to work at a church.

Let's say there is a group of fervent motherfuckers who share a goal of killing Americans.

And let's say the aforesaid fervent motherfuckers happen to share something in common: they are all adherents, say, of the same religion.

And let's say that when they meet in their place of worship, they also (in a religious zeal) discuss their fervent hopes, goals, aspirations and plans to bring about the deaths of many Americans.

Is it some violation of the First Amendment's provision about religious freedom for the government to monitor what these fervent motherfuckers are saying in their places of worship?

How on Earth does monitoring the conversation of these fervent motherfuckers tend to establish an official State religion or deny to anybody the free exercise of their own religions? I mean, that IS what the Constitution prohibits.

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof..."

Are you really that ignorant about how our system is designed to work? Any 9th grade civics student who is paying attention can answer that. The law requires the FBI or anyother police authority to have probable cause before listening in on anyone's conversations for any reason. Now, with the Patriot Act, the government has been given authority to tap first and get the warrant later, but they still have to get the warrant.

Remember Tim McVeigh? What if the government, without warrants, just went around willy nilly listening in on conversations of white men after the OKC bombing.

You sound afraid also. Our system has enough safeguards, that if the police follow the rules, your rights are protected and the criminals/terrorists can be watched and apprehended.

LOL. You are a hoot. Ignorant as all get out but funny.

Picture this. A public square in small sized any-ville, USA. Picture some liberal idiot mounting a soapbox to declare for all assembled to hear: "Down with the fascist government of the United States. Today, we attack. Bring the Molotov cocktails, my comrades! We start down at Main street at the Post Office, then over to the Army recruiting office! Are you WITH ME!?"

The FBI, having been previously alerted to the pending "rally" happen to have a few agents there. They arrest the gas-can carrying liberal advocate for violence.

Is it your actual considered well-thought out legal opinion that the FBI violated the fucktard's Constitutional RIGHTS?

The answer (regardless of your idiot ignorant views) is still "no." Why? Because there's no violation of the Constitution in listening. If it requires a listening device like a bug or some telephonic intercept, then it is most often the case that a warrant would be required. But in a public place? Absolutely not.

If the Federal Government happens to be able to get an agent legally into a public place, like a mosque, to listen in while some Iman starts preaching the word of hate, then there's STILL no violation of the Constitution.

Your 9th graders need a better education. They have been taught incorrectly. Must be a very liberal arts oriented high school.

Your other commentary is too banal to give any more credence to than this: you are woefully ignorant.

Come on guys!!! Don't you know enough about the law to know that this is not about religion??? If you were to have been caught like this guy was caught, would that give the police the right to search your workplace w/o a warrant?
So if a company, call it "Imports Ink" had a track record of hosting criminals and mobsters, then the government would have no right to monitor the company?
Is that what you think?
What if Imports Ink employees were caught red-handed, in a series of events, killing people and breaking the law. What if Imports Ink had a founding document which declared that any action it took to expand its economic base were valid, that local laws were not able to constrain its right to expand?
Because that is a pretty fair analogy of Islam and terrorism.

The only thing which keeps us from shutting down the terrorists is their "religion" status.
So it is about religion.
Unless you refuse to define Islam as a religion.
Then RICO can take all the Arab gangsters out.

NEW YORK — Authorities say a New York jails chaplain has been charged with trying to smuggle three razor blades and a pair of scissors into a facility.

The Department of Investigation says 58-year-old Imam Zul-Qarnain Shahid was arrested at the Manhattan Detention Complex on Wednesday.

Officials say Shahid was arrested while entering the jailhouse when a bag he had brought with him triggered an alarm from the X-ray machine. Authorities discovered razor blades and scissors inside the bag.

Muslim Chaplain Arrested for Allegedly Trying to Smuggle Razor Blades Into NYC Jail - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News - FOXNews.com

Do you think the FBI might want to keep an eye on his mosque? Or would that not be P.C.?
When will the islamophobia ever end? :eusa_drool:

Do you think the FBI might want to keep an eye on his mosque? Or would that not be P.C.?

Seriously, did you just decide to use some common event to bash Muslims? :eusa_eh:

It's a "common event" for chaplains to smuggle weapons into jail? Please link.

Also, I have not bashed any Muslims Dogbert. I said I'd welcome the FBI in my church.

LOL. You are a hoot. Ignorant as all get out but funny.

Picture this. A public square in small sized any-ville, USA. Picture some liberal idiot mounting a soapbox to declare for all assembled to hear: "Down with the fascist government of the United States. Today, we attack. Bring the Molotov cocktails, my comrades! We start down at Main street at the Post Office, then over to the Army recruiting office! Are you WITH ME!?"

The FBI, having been previously alerted to the pending "rally" happen to have a few agents there. They arrest the gas-can carrying liberal advocate for violence.

Is it your actual considered well-thought out legal opinion that the FBI violated the fucktard's Constitutional RIGHTS?

The answer (regardless of your idiot ignorant views) is still "no." Why? Because there's no violation of the Constitution in listening. If it requires a listening device like a bug or some telephonic intercept, then it is most often the case that a warrant would be required. But in a public place? Absolutely not.

If the Federal Government happens to be able to get an agent legally into a public place, like a mosque, to listen in while some Iman starts preaching the word of hate, then there's STILL no violation of the Constitution.

Your 9th graders need a better education. They have been taught incorrectly. Must be a very liberal arts oriented high school.

Your other commentary is too banal to give any more credence to than this: you are woefully ignorant.

Thanks for proving my point. (Now I'll wait until you figure this one out.)

Also, I have not bashed any Muslims Dogbert. I said I'd welcome the FBI in my church.

It's a common event for people to try and smuggle things in jail. People from all backgrounds and all walks of life. Only reason Fox News is focused on this is because it's a Muslim. If it were a Christian Priest, it wouldn't even be noted.

So if a company, call it "Imports Ink" had a track record of hosting criminals and mobsters, then the government would have no right to monitor the company?
Is that what you think?
What if Imports Ink employees were caught red-handed, in a series of events, killing people and breaking the law. What if Imports Ink had a founding document which declared that any action it took to expand its economic base were valid, that local laws were not able to constrain its right to expand?
Because that is a pretty fair analogy of Islam and terrorism.

The only thing which keeps us from shutting down the terrorists is their "religion" status.
So it is about religion.
Unless you refuse to define Islam as a religion.
Then RICO can take all the Arab gangsters out.

That's the rub, we have no way of knowing what the tract record of this guy's mosque is. The law doesn't work on assumptions. Dictatorships do that. The law is designed to work with facts. And the facts we have from this story don't, on their face, justify any surveillance at this guy's mosque. Now, if you have more information on this guy's mosque, please share it with us.

It's a common event for people to try and smuggle things in jail. People from all backgrounds and all walks of life. Only reason Fox News is focused on this is because it's a Muslim. If it were a Christian Priest, it wouldn't even be noted.

Really? A priest smuggling weapons into a jail would not be news? You may want to rethink that one. Could it be because it is a Muslim clergyman, you don't want to hear it?

My crystal ball says that this IMAM is up to no good. And methinks he has some no good friends as well. Trust me on this one dear. :lol:

Really? A priest smuggling weapons into a jail would not be news? You may want to rethink that one. Could it be because it is a Muslim clergyman, you don't want to hear it?

My crystal ball says that this IMAM is up to no good. And methinks he has some no good friends as well. Trust me on this one dear. :lol:

A priest smuggling weapons into jail wouldn't be news. Just because something is reported as news doesn't make it news. Much of the time, it's just drivel. I could care less what the profession of someone is who is sneaking things into jail. The main thing is that they're breaking the law by smuggling in the first place.

I'm curious as to what acts of terrorism some people here think were going to be performed from this jail using 3 razor blades and a pair of scissors? Is there a terrorist MacGuyver locked away in there?

I'm curious as to what acts of terrorism some people here think were going to be performed from this jail using 3 razor blades and a pair of scissors? Is there a terrorist MacGuyver locked away in there?

Who said terrorist act?

Did you realize that an inmate could use a razor blade to slash the throat (and jugular vein) of a fellow inmate or a corrections' officer?

Multiple blades only increase the potential for violence.

And if some Islamoterroristfucktardwannabe does get his hands on a weapon to attack (injure or kill) a corrections' officer (i.e., a law enforcement authority of the STATE) for some vague-ass reason associated with "jihad," what the fuck would YOU call it?

Last edited:
Visitors bringing weapons into a jail is news. Clergymen bringing weapons is big news. My guess is these people have far more privileges and are given less scrutiny than the average brother in law. I'm glad some people think it's important.

Dogbert may not believe that the clergy are more trustworthy than Joe Public, but the majority of the country does.

Sunni man and Jillian believe the mosque is being watched. I hope they are right.

That's the rub, we have no way of knowing what the tract record of this guy's mosque is.
Yes we do.
It is called History. The history of Islam is as violent as that of any organized crime family, just longer than most.
Sure a particular subsidiary of the Capone mob might have been legitimate, but given who it associates with, it is a fair conclusion that it needs to be investigated. Same with a Mosque.

Besides it's not like the people housed in the jail are unarmed.......:)

It may turn out whomever the Iman was going to see was the only man at a hatchet fight w/o a hatchet....:razz:

That's the rub, we have no way of knowing what the tract record of this guy's mosque is.
Yes we do.
It is called History. The history of Islam is as violent as that of any organized crime family, just longer than most.
Sure a particular subsidiary of the Capone mob might have been legitimate, but given who it associates with, it is a fair conclusion that it needs to be investigated. Same with a Mosque.

Therein lies your problem. This guy nor his mosque is Islam. Islam is a lot of differnt things to 3.2 billion people. It does't reside in this guy's mosque. You're advocating guilt by association and even worse, oppression by association.

What you are proposing has as it's underpinnings the same logic as the conflict between the palestinians and the jews. IMO, in your heart and in your mind, you have to figure out how to be at war with some people who are Muslim without being at war with Islam. In the hands of the people fighting us, Islam is no more than an AK-47. It's a tool. A means to and end. Would you go around hating all AK-47's because you were at war with some people who used AK-47's.

Visitors bringing weapons into a jail is news. Clergymen bringing weapons is big news. My guess is these people have far more privileges and are given less scrutiny than the average brother in law. I'm glad some people think it's important.

Dogbert may not believe that the clergy are more trustworthy than Joe Public, but the majority of the country does.

Sunni man and Jillian believe the mosque is being watched. I hope they are right.

That's all you're doing is guessing. You act like it's some rampant thing going on in the United States by Clergymen. I'm saying that people try to smuggle all of sorts of things into jail constantly. How do you think people in jail make weapons in the first place? Magical fairy? :eusa_eh:

And that Mosque is being watched, probably along with every other major Mosque at least in the United States.

Also, I'm going to ask that you don't assume my beliefs on the clergy and whether they are more trustworthy than whom.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back