Muslim Chaplain Arrested for Allegedly Trying to Smuggle Razor Blades Into NYC Jail

That's the rub, we have no way of knowing what the tract record of this guy's mosque is.
Yes we do.
It is called History. The history of Islam is as violent as that of any organized crime family, just longer than most.
Sure a particular subsidiary of the Capone mob might have been legitimate, but given who it associates with, it is a fair conclusion that it needs to be investigated. Same with a Mosque.

Therein lies your problem. This guy nor his mosque is Islam. Islam is a lot of differnt things to 3.2 billion people. It does't reside in this guy's mosque. You're advocating guilt by association and even worse, oppression by association.

What you are proposing has as it's underpinnings the same logic as the conflict between the palestinians and the jews. IMO, in your heart and in your mind, you have to figure out how to be at war with some people who are Muslim without being at war with Islam. In the hands of the people fighting us, Islam is no more than an AK-47. It's a tool. A means to and end. Would you go around hating all AK-47's because you were at war with some people who used AK-47's.
3.2 billion?
Prove that.

Nope. I am a Catholic and would have no problem with the FBI sitting in mass. I already said so. I don't know how that makes us a police state. Sorry - not following you.

The law requires probable cause in order for surveillance. With what we know from the story, there is no probable cause for the FBI to surveil this guy's mosque.

The fact that you would have no problem with the FBI surveilling your church without probable cause says you'd be okay with a police state. Because that's what you're advocating. In a police state the goverment does surveil w/o probably cause. In a country of laws, as the US is supposed to be, the government must meet the legal requirements of surveillance in order to put someone under its microscope.

I don't think law enforcement needs "probable cause" or anything else to do the kind of surveillance anyone else could do: looking at websites, sending people in to attend the mosque, talking to people, making files, etc.

Forum List

Back