Muslim Bakeries Refuse To Make Gay Wedding Cake...& No Rabid Protests From Liberals?

Because *you* seem to have this misguided idea that rights are unlimited

So, if I'm to extrapolate from your assertion...

That means you have the idea that rights should be regulated? Please by all means correct me if I'm wrong.

Regulated? If that is what you call placing limitations on rights, then yes.

I do not believe the right of free speech means you can slander, libel or create public panic.

I do not believe the right to freedom of religion should include forcing those religious values on anyone else.

I do not believe the right to assembly includes leading lynch mob.

All of our rights have limitations.

Do you think they should be unlimited?

Forcing beliefs on another. That is what many groups and even the government has been doing. Religion is nothing but a belief system, we all follow a religion of some sort.

Definition of religion
: the belief in a god or in a group of gods
: an organized system of beliefs, ceremonies, and rules used to worship a god or a group of gods
: an interest, a belief, or an activity that is very important to a person or group

So forcing beliefs on another is wrong and this is my issue with many of the government laws forcing people to accept others beliefs.

It's the religious people trying to force others to accept their beliefs. They are using religion to try to write themselves their own set of laws without regard to the constitution.

That means you have the idea that rights should be regulated? Please by all means correct me if I'm wrong.

I do not believe the right of free speech means you can slander, libel or create public panic.

I do not believe the right to freedom of religion should include forcing those religious values on anyone else.

Forcing beliefs on another. That is what many groups and even the government has been doing. Religion is nothing but a belief system, we all follow a religion of some sort.

Definition of religion
: an organized system of beliefs, ceremonies, and rules used to worship a god or a group of gods
: an interest, a belief, or an activity that is very important to a person or group

So forcing beliefs on another is wrong and this is my issue with many of the government laws forcing people to accept others beliefs.

It's the religious people trying to force others to accept their beliefs. They are using religion to try to write themselves their own set of laws without regard to the constitution.

You've got it backwards. It is the religious people try to hang on to their beliefs in the face of government intervention. Did the bakers try to convert the gays or merely refuse to be a part of a gay wedding? Would they have opted out of all gay wedding plans or did they single these gays out?

Last edited:

Definition of religion

Really? Examples?

Kim Davis. It wasn't enough that she didn't want to issue licenses, she demanded her entire office must not issue licenses.

What other laws do you think regions should be exempt from besides PA laws, hiring laws and housing laws?

Then work to get rid of PA laws.

I am you stupid dyke, how many times do I need to explain that to you? Do you have a learning disability? Do you have a learning disability? Do you have a learning disability? Do you have a learning disability? Did I ask you that question before? No?
And why do you have to be rude? What is it exactly you are doing to get rid of PA laws in your state? Tell us.

Oh, and I do apologize if you have told us in the past....I've missed it....could you link or point out where you did so?

He's rude because you're a dingbat who refuses to give a straight answer to a straight question. Dodging, dancing and weaseling and running away are your stock in trade.
I see that you insult instead of debate civilly too. Speaking of dodging...notice how Kaz claims to have answered my question about what she is doing to get rid of PA laws in her state....and yet cannot show me where she made that answer. Perhaps you've seen it and can point it out to me? Be a pal and point it out.

Every time you ask me what protesting I'm doing, I tell you I think that people need to be persuaded, not have some dumb ass like you, Seahag and the Florida bitch scream in their face. I tell you that over and over and over and over and over, and you keep coming back with assigning me the task of grabbing a sign and acting like a jackass like you and your liberal brethren following Trump, Scott and other Republicans around. Then again our goal is different. I want to change minds. You want to intimidate your opposition into silence.

Then you say I haven't answered your question? You are one ... stupid ... dyke. When you process my answer and incorporate my answer into your rhetoric rather than ignoring it like a gnat, then you can whine if I'm rude. And unlike you, I have actually changed minds. A lot of people both on boards and in real life who never questioned things like income taxes and government marriage have told me they are at least open to that now. You've persuaded no one, just silenced them

She only knows how to repeat her script. She's not capable of rational or original thought.

Its a cake people, there lots of bakeries. Find one that wants to make it, pay for it and eat it already.

I can sympathize with being rebuffed. A wedding is a huge deal and it's an emotional deal. It's an even huger deal when it's something that's been long denied to you. You should be able to have a reasonable expectation of being treated like any other customer looking for the same product. Now if the person went looking for a refusal, I'd have no sympathy but that isn't the case in the Oregon case.

Making a purchase in a retail store is different than having someone cater an event. It was the event the baker objected to.

No, it's not. Catering an event is like putting a roof on someone's house, or mowing their lawn.

You can't discriminate.

I do not have to mow everyone's lawn that comes asking.

The statists think you do. You can't opt not to engage in trade with others.

Irrelevant, but the biggest crime against your fellow citizens are the cases where photographers were forced to witness and photograph fag weddings and kisses, that is sick

And still those cases lost in court.

Why are anti gay photographers any different than racist ones that are repulsed by interracial couples?

They aren't, no photographer should be forced to work an interracial wedding either or any other wedding for any other reason they want. We are citizens, not subjects. Find a photographer who wants to work the wedding, most people do. And you know that's my view, which is why I'm insulting you and your dyke buddy at this point. You keep ignoring my view you know well and asking your same stupid questions again.

Last thing I'd have wanted at my interracial wedding 27 years ago was a photographer who didn't want to be there. Yeah, I'm going to get their best work. That you do want someone who doesn't want to be there is just your authoritarian leftism, it's about power, not right.

And seriously, baking the cake? Gee, I spilled the flour on the floor, better get the broom and dustpan and sweep that up. Looks OK to me though, don't want to waste it. Hmmm...maybe we can put in half the sugar, that would taste great. Ooops, I made too much icing, better lick off the extra.

Yeah, you eat that cake ...

So you should concentrate your efforts on the CRA not little state and local laws.

Where are all the threads about how "unfair" PA laws are to racist Christians instead of just anti gay ones?

:lmao:

Who did you write that post to? My position has consistently been that anyone can discriminate to any other citizen for any reason they choose. "Christian" makes no difference to me. I'm not a Christian. You'd know that if you had a long term memory, I've told you that many times.

Again, wouldn't arguing my actual views be more interesting? You just have one set of talking points and that's all you want to use? When the only tool in your belt is a hammer, everything looks like a nail

Yes, we know by your whining...not by your actions.

Good luck with your whining, it's so effective. :lol:

Gawd. you're the dyke, guy, stop crying. Here's a hanky. Feel like a man now?

Why are anti gay photographers any different than racist ones that are repulsed by interracial couples?

They aren't, no photographer should be forced to work an interracial wedding either or any other wedding for any other reason they want. We are citizens, not subjects. Find a photographer who wants to work the wedding, most people do. And you know that's my view, which is why I'm insulting you and your dyke buddy at this point. You keep ignoring my view you know well and asking your same stupid questions again.

Last thing I'd have wanted at my interracial wedding 27 years ago was a photographer who didn't want to be there. Yeah, I'm going to get their best work. That you do want someone who doesn't want to be there is just your authoritarian leftism, it's about power, not right.

And seriously, baking the cake? Gee, I spilled the flour on the floor, better get the broom and dustpan and sweep that up. Looks OK to me though, don't want to waste it. Hmmm...maybe we can put in half the sugar, that would taste great. Ooops, I made too much icing, better lick off the extra.

So you should concentrate your efforts on the CRA not little state and local laws.

Where are all the threads about how "unfair" PA laws are to racist Christians instead of just anti gay ones?

Who did you write that post to? My position has consistently been that anyone can discriminate to any other citizen for any reason they choose. "Christian" makes no difference to me. I'm not a Christian. You'd know that if you had a long term memory, I've told you that many times.

Again, wouldn't arguing my actual views be more interesting? You just have one set of talking points and that's all you want to use? When the only tool in your belt is a hammer, everything looks like a nail

The whine suits you, you wear it well, sniveler.

Maybe you should go play until you calm down. Breathe into a bag if you have to

Poor Kaz, full of illusions of having answered questions....

Tag team dyking are you?

That's all they know what to do....imagine if we had behaved the same way instead of actually organizing and affecting change?

Tag team dyking are you?
Awwww....feeling picked on by the big bad gays?

That's all they know what to do....imagine if we had behaved the same way instead of actually organizing and affecting change?

Not interested in screaming in people's faces, I'll leave that to you

Tag team dyking are you?
Awwww....feeling picked on by the big bad gays?

Maybe you two could start a reality show, your tag line can be ... you've been dyked!

Your concern is so touching, but I'm great thanks. You seem a little upset though. Call me a stupid dyke, that always makes you feel like a man and you seem to need that right now. Go ahead, I can take it.

Oh, but he's "educating" people. He educates all his friends about the evils of the civil marriage he entered into and he imparts all his glorious wisdom on us poor stupid dykes here on a message board. He's doing stuff, man!

Your concern is so touching, but I'm great thanks. You seem a little upset though. Call me a stupid dyke, that always makes you feel like a man and you seem to need that right now. Go ahead, I can take it.

I call you a stupid dyke because you can't address my views. It's very specific. I call your dyke buddy, the one you always seem to post at the same time as, a stupid dyke for the same reason.

Since it bothers you so much, why don't we agree I'll stop calling you that, and you address my actual views. Or not, whatever

Oh, but he's "educating" people. He educates all his friends about the evils of the civil marriage he entered into and he imparts all his glorious wisdom on us poor stupid dykes here on a message board. He's doing stuff, man!

Strawman. I never said I educate stupid dykes. You are uneducatable. That's why you scream at people and attack them to subdue them

Strawman. I never said I educate stupid dykes. You are uneducatable. That's why you scream at people and attack them to subdue them

3 points! I got the Kaz go-to "strawman" response. If I could only get a "begging the question", I could win!

>

4078-1460492352-8597550b23f01781a687acc25f46b72f.jpg

Seawytch,

Saw this and thought you might like it as an Avatar.

WW

>>>>

Why does anyone get sucked into rightwing media sucker stories like gays and wedding cakes?
It just demonstrates to me that, despite the protests and Obama-bashing, things have been going pretty well for them the last 7.5 years.

Forum List

Back