Multi Millionaire Danny Glover demands reparations

Why is our government spending tax payers’ money on this nonsense. Perhaps they should seek reparations also from the people who sold them into slavery. Then again, it’s much more convenient to blame all their ills on whitey.

The middlemen were European slave traders based in forts like Ghana's Cape Coast Castle, now a tourist attraction and a somber reminder of a brutal crime against humanity.

That crime is usually blamed entirely on the European outsiders who inflicted slavery on African victims. But new research by some African scholars supports a different view - - that Africans should share the blame for slavery.

"It was the Africans themselves who were enslaving their fellow Africans, sending them to the coast to be shipped outside," says researcher Akosua Perbi of the University of Ghana. (88K AIFF sound file or 88K WAV sound)

CNN - Evidence of Africans' part in slavery - Oct. 20, 1995

The root cause of the problems blacks face is white racism. And since that racism extends beyond slavery whites will be held accountable.

When you study the African role in slavery, the situation implicates whites even more.

Why is our government spending tax payers’ money on this nonsense. Perhaps they should seek reparations also from the people who sold them into slavery. Then again, it’s much more convenient to blame all their ills on whitey.

The middlemen were European slave traders based in forts like Ghana's Cape Coast Castle, now a tourist attraction and a somber reminder of a brutal crime against humanity.

That crime is usually blamed entirely on the European outsiders who inflicted slavery on African victims. But new research by some African scholars supports a different view - - that Africans should share the blame for slavery.

"It was the Africans themselves who were enslaving their fellow Africans, sending them to the coast to be shipped outside," says researcher Akosua Perbi of the University of Ghana. (88K AIFF sound file or 88K WAV sound)

The root cause of the problems blacks face is white racism. And since that racism extends beyond slavery whites will be held accountable.

When you study the African role in slavery, the situation implicates whites even more.

So you believe in the concept of Group Guilt, where all honkies are considered guilty for the crimes of some of them, merely because they were assigned to the "white" demographic label?

Honkies who live in trailer parks and have careers as Walmart Associates need to pony up money to him in the interest of justice.

Danny Glover to testify at House slavery reparations hearing
This is about the government paying.

who do you think funds the "government"? Money is going to have to be expropriated from Walmart associates and seniors living in trailers to make the payoffs to Danny Glover, Beyonce and Mumia.
We all do. And since blacks started paying taxes whites have been the greatest recipient of all taxpayers dollars. Blacks have never got back the same return on our taxes. And we have paid off whites far wealthier than those you mentioned.

We gave the money to Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson. Somebody let them know Danny hasn't got his check yet, for some reason.

In any case, ' reparations' should come with a plane ticket to somewhere near Somalia, where their checks will be waiting.

So you believe in the concept of Group Guilt, where all honkies are considered guilty for the crimes of some of them, merely because they were assigned to the "white" demographic label?

This country was built on group advantage. Don't try that weak shit with me.

Honkies who live in trailer parks and have careers as Walmart Associates need to pony up money to him in the interest of justice.

who do you think funds the "government"? Money is going to have to be expropriated from Walmart associates and seniors living in trailers to make the payoffs to Danny Glover, Beyonce and Mumia.
We all do. And since blacks started paying taxes whites have been the greatest recipient of all taxpayers dollars. Blacks have never got back the same return on our taxes. And we have paid off whites far wealthier than those you mentioned.

I reject the idea of being punished because liberals like the 2 dozen Pro-Reparations candidates for President have decided to label me as a "honky" and proclaim me guilty and liable to be punished for the crimes of people I have never met, and aren't even related to me.

We gave the money to Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson. Somebody let them know Danny hasn't got his check yet, for some reason.

In any case, ' reparations' should come with a plane ticket to somewhere near Somalia, where their checks will be waiting.

You owe us. And you will eventually pay us. Or this nation will crumble.

No it wasn't, the country was built on Free Enterprise and innovation. When my antecedents came to American they weren't give any advantage at all, they were considered to be less than human as "dumb pollacks" by those who were here before them.

Al has it; go see Al.

I reject the idea of being punished because liberals like the 2 dozen Pro-Reparations candidates for President have decided to label me as a "honky" and proclaim me guilty and liable to be punished for the crimes of people I have never met, and aren't even related to me.

And I reject being punished while whites like you were born into a system built on racism that you have benefitted from.

How would you determine how much each individual gets?

I haven't heard any specific details, although I'm sure we will before the election. The electorate is going to want to know.

What's the plan for determining who gets what? Guys like "Obama"(Barry Soetoro) and The Rock are black guys but neither have American slave blood. Obama's putative father was a high mucky muck in the Kenyan Regime, the Rock is half Samoan and half Canadian.

No it wasn't, the country was built on Free Enterprise and innovation. When my antecedents came to American they weren't give any advantage at all, they were considered to be less than human as "dumb pollacks" by those who were here before them.

Yes it was. And your ancestors turned white then began to benefit from their race.

“Since 1790, the U.S. has taken a census that divides citizens into racial categories. These categories have transformed dramatically over the past 220 years along with U.S. demography. In 1790, there were three categories: “free whites”, “other free people”, and “slaves.” Over the next few centuries, new groups were added ranging from broad racial categories (“Asian”) to subsets (“Korean”, for example, was added as its own race in 1920, removed in 1950, re-added in 1970, and subsumed into “Asian” in 2000.)”

So at least from 1790, this nation has divided itself by race. Pretending that anything has been different is untrue. And the old dumb claim of that was long ago, doesn't flush.

“The most recent census, taken in 2010, divided Americans as follows: White, Black or African American, American Indian or Alaska Native, Asian, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, or Some Other Race. In 1980, as a result of a huge increase in the Hispanic population, ‘Hispanic’ (or Latino, often the preferred term) was added as its own category, with a note that it is an ethnicity, not a race.”

So let us continue.

“Whiteness is a social construct, and one with concrete benefits. Being white in the U.S.has long meant better jobs and opportunities, and an escape from persecution based on appearance and culture. Although these structural advantages remain, the meaning of whiteness is still hotly debated.”

Now let us understand how those who claim today to have suffered like blacks did not.

“Here it is important to understand how, exactly, Americans ‘become white’. The history of Polish-Americans is an illuminating example. Upon arriving in the U.S. en masse in the late 19th and early 20th century, Poles endured discrimination based on their appearance, religion and culture. In 1903, the New England Magazine decried the Poles’ “expressionless Slavic faces” and “stunted figures” as well as their inherent “ignorance” and “propensity to violence”. Working for terrible wages, Polish workers were renamed things like “Thomas Jefferson” by their bigoted Anglo-Saxon bosses who refused to utter Polish names.

The Poles, in other words, were not considered white. Far from it: they were considered a mysterious menace that should be expelled. When Polish-American Leon Czolgosz killed President William McKinley in 1901, all Poles were deemed potential violent anarchists. “All people are mourning, and it is caused by a maniac who is of our nationality,” a Polish-American newspaper wrote, pressured to apologize for their own people. The collective blame of Poles for terrorism bears great similarity to how Muslims (both in the U.S. and Europe) are collectively blamed today.

But then something changed. In 1919, Irish gangs in blackface attacked Polish neighborhoods in Chicago in an attempt to convince Poles, and other Eastern European groups, that they, too, were “white” and should join them in the fight against blacks. As historian David R. Roediger recalls, “Poles argued that the riot was a conflict between blacks and whites, with Poles abstaining because they belonged to neither group.” But the Irish gangs considered whiteness, as is often the case in America, as anti-blackness. And as in the early 20th century Chicago experienced an influx not only of white immigrants from Europe, but blacks from the South, white groups who felt threatened by black arrivals decided that it would be politically advantageous if the Poles were considered white as well.

With that new white identity came the ability to practice the discrimination they had once endured.

Over time, the strategy of positioning Poles as “white” against a dark-skinned “other” was successful. Poles came to consider themselves white, and more importantly, they came to be considered white by their fellow Americans, as did Italians, Greeks, Jews, Russians, and others from Southern and Eastern Europe, all of whom held an ambivalent racial status in U.S. society. Also, intermarriage between white ethnic groups led some to embrace a broader white identity.”

And I reject being punished while whites like you were born into a system built on racism that you have benefitted from.

I will say this, it will make for a highly interesting debate as the Democrat candidate discusses this key issue in depth with Donald J. Trump next fall. This discussion might even be more provocative than the New Green Deal and Illegal Alien issues for 2020

I haven't heard any specific details, although I'm sure we will before the election. The electorate is going to want to know.

What's the plan for determining who gets what? Guys like "Obama"(Barry Soetoro) and The Rock are black guys but neither have American slave blood. Obama's putative father was a high mucky muck in the Kenyan Regime, the Rock is half Samoan and half Canadian.

Look, you pay NA's every year for all the things you weren't around for. So just stop asking dumb questions. If reparations are paid, the nature of payments and qualifications will be figured out.

Look, you pay NA's every year for all the things you weren't around for. So just stop asking dumb questions. If reparations are paid, the nature of payments and qualifications will be figured out.

People are going to what to know what they are entitled to as far as reparations, and how it will be determined.

And that's going to be the big political issue that Sleepy Joe or whoever the Pro-Reparation candidate is going to have to explain to the people during next year's campaign.

I will say this, it will make for a highly interesting debate as the Democrat candidate discusses this key issue in depth with Donald J. Trump next fall. This discussion might even be more provocative than the New Green Deal and Illegal Alien issues for 2020

Trump might not want to discuss this matter. He's a prime beneficiary of racism as daddy's business he inherited. His family got rich because of racist housing policy.

People are going to what to know what they are entitled to as far as reparations, and how it will be determined.

And that's going to be the big political issue that Sleepy Joe or whoever the Pro-Reparation candidate is going to have to explain to the people during next year's campaign.

Since you racists have been race pimped to think as you do on this issue, you have missed the fact that what is being discussed is a study.

Since you racists have been race pimped to think as you do on this issue, you have missed the fact that what is being discussed is a study.

People are going to want to make sure they know how to apply for the reparations and how much they are entitled to. A mere "study" means nothing- except maybe at the end of the "study" 30 or 40 years hence , "recommendations" will be made.

If we are talking about actual checks going out, people need to know how much they are going to be, and how the government will fund them, as per Obama's "Pay Go" regulations.

Forum List

Back