Mull Of Kintyre.....Paul McCartney or Glen Campbell

Glen Campbell was my third cousin. He was born in Delight, Arkansas, which is across the Little Missouri River from my home town. Never met him, but we had kinfolk who lived in Delight. Back in the 60's we'd go visit them and all up and down the road from them were these old houses that were packed full of WW2 military surplus, just rotting away. Nobody knew who owned the stuff and the houses had no doors on them, so I took a couple WW2 tank periscopes from a big pile of them on the floor, like any kid would do.

Glen Campbell was my third cousin. He was born in Delight, Arkansas, which is across the Little Missouri River from my home town. Never met him, but we had kinfolk who lived in Delight. Back in the 60's we'd go visit them and all up and down the road from them were these old houses that were packed full of WW2 military surplus, just rotting away. Nobody knew who owned the stuff and the houses had no doors on them, so I took a couple WW2 tank periscopes from a big pile of them on the floor, like any kid would do.
So you are a Campbell, eh?

Cumnich.

The Abba version is memorable .
BTW Glen is my thirteenth cousin on my mother's side and I met half of Abba on the Mull one memorable summer

And drunker.

Drinks and drugs are an occupational hazard in his line of work, I know this from experience. There's always some idiot shoving a joint, some coke, or a drink in your face. And if you turn it down, they look at you like "WTF?" Most of the morons who go through life being buzzed took up that lifestyle because of some song they heard, so musicians are idiots too. They promulgate the loose lifestyle and their fans end up killing themselves trying to emulate their heroes from music or movies.

Drinks and drugs are an occupational hazard in his line of work, I know this from experience. There's always some idiot shoving a joint, some coke, or a drink in your face. And if you turn it down, they look at you like "WTF?"
They never did that when I was in the business and I did not only music production but radio, TV, and theater.

They never did that when I was in the business and I did not only music production but radio, TV, and theater.

You probably weren't a musician for 30 years, playing several different genres either.

Forum List

Back