Msnbc's Rachael Maddow Questions Information Flow From Us/isil Events

Silhouette

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2013
Danger in Syria means dearth of details on war s impact MSNBC

Rachael Maddow is exploring the odd convenience of a questionable ISIL and how beheadded journalists mean no independent coverage of the ISIL events. Does a pentagon-only flow of information mean the public is being misled?

And in related news, it sure would be great to have a memorial coverage of the poor families of those beheadded journalists. You know, instead of spokesman for the families. Maybe there could be a national memorial service for these brave men? Where people who know them well, who grew up with them and knew all about their journalist careers could get up and share with the people of the US? Are they not as much of heros as fallen soldiers? They risked their lives to bring independent coverage of ISIL back to the US.

I think Maddow is heading for a Pulitzer on this one.

Nobody but the families knew they were there. Reporting about people suffering at the hands of tyrants is nowhere as useful as killing the tyrants. Let's get on with the killing.

Nobody but the families knew they were there. Reporting about people suffering at the hands of tyrants is nowhere as useful as killing the tyrants. Let's get on with the killing.
Oh I beg to differ. Not only is beheadding unusual, but it sparks a visceral reaction in the public to such an extent that they would want to know more about those journalists, non-enlisted US citizens just like them, than any other type of terrorist death. The public WANTS to hear from their families and friends. They WANT to contribute to them. At rock-bottom minimum, they want a public memorial, speeches and putting public pain at a resolution via grief.

Soundbites from "family spokesmen" just arent' going to fit with what the public knows and is familiar with via the media in these types of situations..

I bet outside of work Madcow is a pretty nice fella. Not too smart, but he dresses well.

I bet outside of work Madcow is a pretty nice fella. Not too smart, but he dresses well.
You know, I was just reading the description of trolling and off-topic posts. You might want to look into that. USMB has a new policy of near-zero tolerance for that now that they've got the new format.

Having said that I will only indulge your strawman to this end: Maddow has her issues and tends to be a bit man-ic often.

Tell me, what are your feelings about the pentagon being the only source of information on ISIL's and the US's activities in Iraq & Syria?

You know, I was just reading the description of trolling and off-topic posts. You might want to look into that. USMB has a new policy of near-zero tolerance for that now that they've got the new format.

Having said that I will only indulge your strawman to this end: Maddow has her issues and tends to be a bit man-ic often.

Tell me, what are your feelings about the pentagon being the only source of information on ISIL's and the US's activities in Iraq & Syria?

I think the news is a joke in general, and nothing goes into the Feed that doesn't pass muster with the war merchants anyway. I don't believe this is anything new. I am old enough to have gained some knowledge on media and news and government and trust none of them, at all. That includes, Fox, MSNBC and C-Span, with the last being the most trustworthy, but still shackled by those who feed the tales to tell.

Yes but many voices are better than just one in the media. At least then the citizens have half a chance at gaining the truth. Right now we have none, getting the news only from the pentagon. And that's bad.

It does seem rather convenient though to scare off all journalists from something you wouldn't want them to catch onto. Almost makes those beheaddings seem... well yes..."convenient". Terrorists would want as much journalistic coverage in order for their terrorism to strike fear. So as they say, something is fishy in Denmark..

I think the news is a joke in general, and nothing goes into the Feed that doesn't pass muster with the war merchants anyway. I don't believe this is anything new. I am old enough to have gained some knowledge on media and news and government and trust none of them, at all. That includes, Fox, MSNBC and C-Span, with the last being the most trustworthy, but still shackled by those who feed the tales to tell.

Do you agree that at least a wider variety of journalists reporting would give the public closer access to the truth? Or do you think we should be spoon fed our information from one source, like they do in North Korea?

The more sources the better, but unless you yourself are an eyewitness to an event, you shouldn't trust what anyone else says about it.

The journalists were captured b/c they were wandering around in an extremely dangerous place.
Frankly I don't have much sympathy for them. They were 'big boys'.
Now eight German tourists have been taken by the terrorists. For one reason: Ransom.
Time to cancel that holiday to the Philippines.

Madcow' is a snarky, ironic shill for the BOBO administration.
I wouldn't trust a single word she says.

Madcow' is a snarky, ironic shill for the BOBO administration.
I wouldn't trust a single word she says.
I see your point about Maddow. But hers is more a crime of being myopic. Though she does report very carefully and selectively on certain topics she doesn't want the public to know the whole truth about. I'll give you that.

However, she is correct in pointing out that it is highly questionable that journalists aren't allowed into the area we are now going to war in. If I wanted to live in a country where I was spoon fed all my information from the government, I'd move to North Korea.

This thread isn't about Maddow's looks or sexual activity. It's about the singular source of information coming to the US public about ISIL/US activities in Iraq & Syria etc. being only that from the pentagon. Which is the same as being Korean and only getting your news from the North Korean government about "the state of the world"...

This thread isn't about Maddow's looks or sexual activity. It's about the singular source of information coming to the US public about ISIL/US activities in Iraq & Syria etc. being only that from the pentagon. Which is the same as being Korean and only getting your news from the North Korean government about "the state of the world"...

So stop bringing up her affliction.

I find it interesting that all of the sudden she has an issue withe the Obama Regime, when they have been known to be the most secretive administration in modern history since the took power. Why does the Cow care now?

Madcow has been an Obama shill for six years. His indignation at this point is disingenuous and laughable.

Forum List

Back