msnbc spits on Ohioans for donating food relief

What does Romney plan to do with these food donations? Red cross doesn't want them.

He is boxing them and shipping them to the New Jersey chapter of the Red Cross at his expense. For the record, they are delighted to get them. I guess the people on the ground in New Jersey are more interested in helping people than getting money, they must be volunteers.

You and your compatriots can't even understand a simple statement of fact witout getting hysterical. For years the Red Cross has asked for Blood and Money which they can turn over as needed aid to disaster victims.

Romney's 'efforts' were in conflict with what everyone knows about disaster aid. In this case you guys on the right are not simply stupid - as in most matters - but fully partisan tools of the Romney Defense Team. Romney is a phony, an empty suit and clearly needs sycophants and spin masters - sadly Windbag you're not the master of anything as your feeble attempts to spin Romney's behavior as humane and not political is indefensible.

One other point, you guys on the right want a balanced budget amendment and the government to only do what the Constitution expressly allows. Maybe the less dullards among you can now see how stupid that ideology is in the face of such devastation.

I thought Romney's use of his campaign bus for food was actually a shrewd campaign maneuver.

A6T-NTHCEAAkYHP.jpg

What does Romney plan to do with these food donations? Red cross doesn't want them.

He is boxing them and shipping them to the New Jersey chapter of the Red Cross at his expense. For the record, they are delighted to get them. I guess the people on the ground in New Jersey are more interested in helping people than getting money, they must be volunteers.

You and your compatriots can't even understand a simple statement of fact witout getting hysterical. For years the Red Cross has asked for Blood and Money which they can turn over as needed aid to disaster victims.

Romney's 'efforts' were in conflict with what everyone knows about disaster aid. In this case you guys on the right are not simply stupid - as in most matters - but fully partisan tools of the Romney Defense Team. Romney is a phony, an empty suit and clearly needs sycophants and spin masters - sadly Windbag you're not the master of anything as your feeble attempts to spin Romney's behavior as humane and not political is indefensible.

One other point, you guys on the right want a balanced budget amendment and the government to only do what the Constitution expressly allows. Maybe the less dullards among you can now see how stupid that ideology is in the face of such devastation.

It is only because of who he is that you are attacking what he is doing, the definition of a partisan hack. I guess you are the head of the local NJ Red Cross and know exactly what they want and need.

Also a BB amendment would have safeties for emergencies such as this. What it would prevent is spending more than we make on bullshit. This is a concept progressive federal statists such as youself cant seem to wrap around your brains.

While I am typing this someone else will get you on the Red Cross comment.

I thought so but wasn't sure until I looked under the counter yesterday evening and we have the exact same box of Ramen (or whatever brand) noodles that was in the boxes next to the campaign bus. Noodles are great, just add water. Add what? Water. Most often the one ingredient in the shortest supply in a disaster area. But wait what else do you get in with those noodles? A package of salt! What is salt good for? Making you thirsty. You know cake would have been a much more appropriate gift from Romney. With one cup of rice and two cups of water one can make enough food for a meal for four. There is a reason probably a billion people in this world basically live off rice. Add a couple of teaspoons of curry and it is quite good. Just a little chicken if you happen to have some and a meal becomes a feast. There is a reason that the greeting in Mandarin is, "hoa ma", which came from "have you eaten".

Last edited:

I thought so but wasn't sure until I looked under the counter yesterday evening and we have the exact same box of Ramen (or whatever brand) of noodles that was in the boxes next to the campaign bus. Noodles are great, just add water. Add what? Water. Most often the one ingredient in the shortest supply in a disaster area. But wait what else do you get in with those noodles? A package of salt! What is salt good for? Making you thirsty. You know cake would have been a much more appropriate gift from Romney. With one cup of rice and two cups of water one can make enough food for a meal for four. There is a reason probably a billion people in this world basically live off rice. Add a couple of teaspoons of curry and it is quite good. Just a little chicken if you happen to have some and a meal becomes a feast. There is a reason that the greeting in Chinese is, "hoa ma", which came from "have you eaten".
You guys need to relax a bit. Romney probably won't even take your food stamps away.:lol:

It is only because of who he is that you are attacking what he is doing, the definition of a partisan hack. I guess you are the head of the local NJ Red Cross and know exactly what they want and need.

Also a BB amendment would have safeties for emergencies such as this. What it would prevent is spending more than we make on bullshit. This is a concept progressive federal statists such as youself cant seem to wrap around your brains.

Where in the Constitution is the authority for the Federal Government to have a rainy day fund?

I only know what the Red Cross policy is: they want blood donations and money! They can buy in bulk needed supplies and don't need to have their volunteers sorting, cleaning and disposing (of not needed items, or items too difficult or costly to tranport).

Last edited:

Where in the Constitution is the authority for the Federal Government to have a rainy day fund?

I only know what the Red Cross policy is: they want blood donations and money! They can buy in bulk needed supplies and don't need to have their volunteers sorting, cleaning and disposing (of not needed items, or items too difficult or costly to tranport).

Its not a rainy day fund, its deficit spending when there is an actual emergency, not to fund the day to day operation of a bloated federal buracracy.

And I guess all help is equal, but some help is more equal than others. Again, just admit that ANYTHING Romney did or will do will be critisized by you and your ilk.

Hacks are hacks.

I thought so but wasn't sure until I looked under the counter yesterday evening and we have the exact same box of Ramen (or whatever brand) of noodles that was in the boxes next to the campaign bus. Noodles are great, just add water. Add what? Water. Most often the one ingredient in the shortest supply in a disaster area. But wait what else do you get in with those noodles? A package of salt! What is salt good for? Making you thirsty. You know cake would have been a much more appropriate gift from Romney. With one cup of rice and two cups of water one can make enough food for a meal for four. There is a reason probably a billion people in this world basically live off rice. Add a couple of teaspoons of curry and it is quite good. Just a little chicken if you happen to have some and a meal becomes a feast. There is a reason that the greeting in Chinese is, "hoa ma", which came from "have you eaten".
You guys need to relax a bit. Romney probably won't even take your food stamps away.:lol:

I'm more worried about my wife's E series Mercedes. You know what the taxes are on one of those things? Might have to cut back on our eating out one of these days.

I thought so but wasn't sure until I looked under the counter yesterday evening and we have the exact same box of Ramen (or whatever brand) noodles that was in the boxes next to the campaign bus. Noodles are great, just add water. Add what? Water. Most often the one ingredient in the shortest supply in a disaster area. But wait what else do you get in with those noodles? A package of salt! What is salt good for? Making you thirsty. You know cake would have been a much more appropriate gift from Romney. With one cup of rice and two cups of water one can make enough food for a meal for four. There is a reason probably a billion people in this world basically live off rice. Add a couple of teaspoons of curry and it is quite good. Just a little chicken if you happen to have some and a meal becomes a feast. There is a reason that the greeting in Mandarin is, "hoa ma", which came from "have you eaten".

again, all help is good, but if its given by someone I disagree with politically, then I have to critique it, because I am a useless political troll hack.

I'm more worried about my wife's E series Mercedes.
Wow, these entitlements have really gotten out of hand. Now I do hope Romney takes away your food stamps!

I was finished with the Red Cross a few years ago because of their stupid "money only" policy.
There had been an apartment fire that put a few families with young children on the street. The Red Cross was soliciting any help you could provide. My daughter had just moved out-of-state and left all her baby things: cribs, changing table, lots of clothes, etc, with me. Wow! An opportunity to give these things a new life with a young family who needed them. I called the number provided in the ads and asked where they would like these things delivered. I was told they were not interested in goods but would welcome cash donations. You know what, fuck that. This was a local event, not a catastrophe of epic proportions. These were 'neighbors' who needed these things. But the RC "powers that be" basically let me know that I could fuck myself if I wasn't willing to cough up cold, hard cash.
I took the stuff to the Catholic family advocacy group here in town. They were quite pleased to receive gently used, good quality baby things.
Fuck the Red Cross. I'm sure there are some locally based charities that will happy to accept canned goods, and yes, Ramen noodles, or any other useful item that will help ease the want that follows an event like this storm.

Its not a rainy day fund, its deficit spending when there is an actual emergency, not to fund the day to day operation of a bloated federal buracracy.

And I guess all help is equal, but some help is more equal than others. Again, just admit that ANYTHING Romney did or will do will be critisized by you and your ilk.

Hacks are hacks.

I don't have an "ilk". IMO Romney is an empty suit based on his words. Have you ever listened to him?

So, a balanced budget amendment is balanced only in name, anytime there is an emergency it's okay to spend more than one has. So, Bush spending on the war in Iraq was an emergency, Obama spending to save the auto industry was an emergency and Romney borrowing and receiving grants to fund the SLC Olympics was an emergency.

Tell me again about this BB theory (but wait until I finish my coffee - too much of what you post makes me laugh out loud).

Hacks are hacks.

I don't have an "ilk". IMO Romney is an empty suit based on his words. Have you ever listened to him?

So, a balanced budget amendment is balanced only in name, anytime there is an emergency it's okay to spend more than one has. So, Bush spending on the war in Iraq was an emergency, Obama spending to save the auto industry was an emergency and Romney borrowing and receiving grants to fund the SLC Olympics was an emergency.

Tell me again about this BB theory (but wait until I finish my coffee - too much of what you post makes me laugh out loud).

What you do is put in a mechanism that requires a 2/3 vote of both houses to exceed the balanced budget requirement. You can even make it 3/5ths, as long as it is harder than a simple majority.

Its at least a starting point to make government realize the money pool is not infinite, we cannot borrow every year, and that they have to make tough choices on what they want to fund, given finite reasources.

And there is ANOTHER way to raise revenue, which is to increase taxes across the board. Of course, that would make people realize they are not getting stuff for "free" and that would be bad for control freak statists such as yourself.

Me pointing out that the Red Cross in New Jersey actually wants the food is being hysterical, but you diverting into a rant about the proposed Balanced Budget Amendment is rational.

Can anyone explain that?

Me pointing out that the Red Cross in New Jersey actually wants the food is being hysterical, but you diverting into a rant about the proposed Balanced Budget Amendment is rational.

Can anyone explain that?
enhanced-buzz-22838-1297456308-20.jpg

Hacks are hacks.

What you do is put in a mechanism that requires a 2/3 vote of both houses to exceed the balanced budget requirement. You can even make it 3/5ths, as long as it is harder than a simple majority.

Its at least a starting point to make government realize the money pool is not infinite, we cannot borrow every year, and that they have to make tough choices on what they want to fund, given finite reasources.

And there is ANOTHER way to raise revenue, which is to increase taxes across the board. Of course, that would make people realize they are not getting stuff for "free" and that would be bad for control freak statists such as yourself.

I agree, we need a starting point and your suggestions have merit. Why haven't Republican Candidates and Republican Elected Officials offered what you just did? I'm opposed to everything the current GOP says because compromise - which is what you have offered - isn't a part of their agenda.

We will see if the new members of the HoR - the Tea Party Members - oppose spending to aid the 60,000,000 million of our citizens on the East Coast. And if they do, how they will spin such 'Unconstitutional' use of tax dollars?

I agree, we need a starting point and your suggestions have merit. Why haven't Republican Candidates and Republican Elected Officials offered what you just did? I'm opposed to everything the current GOP says because compromise - which is what you have offered - isn't a part of their agenda.

We will see if the new members of the HoR - the Tea Party Members - oppose spending to aid the 60,000,000 million of our citizens on the East Coast? And if they do, how they will spin such 'Unconstitutional' use of tax dollars?

If thats what people want to vote as thier elected representatives, thats fine with me. Thats what the house is supposed to be, a local representative for a local grouping of people. If they elect someone who wants to vote against aid to my region, fine.

The point is we are at this level of overreaction because the current way of doing government is a mockery of what it should be. When a government spends more than it makes every year, and has no real plan to curtail this in the forseeable future, I would be shocked if people didnt elect idologues who want to shut the whole damn thing down.

Can anyone explain that?
enhanced-buzz-22838-1297456308-20.jpg

Yes Odd-dude, rational thinking people see the nexus, you're one of the few who doesn't. Though I suspect Willow Tree, CrusaderFrank, Stephanie, Warrior, Tinydancer, Elvis and Lady Gun Slinger agree with your unbiased opinion.

Forum List

Back