MSNBC Host Snaps in Heated Segment: ‘What in the World Is Riskier Than Being a Poor P

Voodoo's been killing the non rich for 30 years, while the richest have 3x-4x the wealth. See sig pp1- better to be poor in ANY other modern country...Australia's min wage is $15. Pub dupes!!

ACA will help immensely- Next: Living wage (1968's min wage is $11 today) And shove the Pub dupe fear mongering BULLSHYTTE> We need demand for our supply- the voodoo fallacy...

Just sayin; The wealthy have increased their wealth at a far greater pace 3-4X while the working classes have lost.

Keep up the good fight though:up:

What did she say that was zany?
Apparently, no one can answer my question.

I seem to remember her saying that we needed to start build safety nets for the poor.
What we don't have any now.
We don't have any help for ladies who have baby after baby after baby.
With no means of support except welfare.

No, we don't have a safety net in comparison to billions more that is wasted on corporate welfare i.e. subsidies, tax breaks/loopholes.....! People who are poor want a job, and there are very few if any that actually pay a livable wage, let alone benefits, etc.

What would you do if YOU didn't have a job?

Why don't we just take all the money away from the rich and just
take everything from them and give it away.

Then what?

If all the wealth in the world was distributed exactly equally, within five years those who had been rich would be rich again and those who had been poor would be poor again.

Obviously, anyone who says that being poor in America is the RISKIEST thing in the world has NOT been to a really poor nation. How about they go to, oh let's say Darfur, or Sudan, or to Ethiopia and live for about five years. When they are done (if they live that long) then they can come back here and tell us how risky it is in America.

Hell, I have an idea. They don't even have to go to Africa. How about parts of Mexico, or Nicaragua, or Honduras. You know there are people who dig through dumps that are also used to dump really hazardous chemicals.

You know, people who make such statements only show us how incredibly stupid they are...

Obviously, anyone who says that being poor in America is the RISKIEST thing in the world has NOT been to a really poor nation. How about they go to, oh let's say Darfur, or Sudan, or to Ethiopia and live for about five years. When they are done (if they live that long) then they can come back here and tell us how risky it is in America.

Hell, I have an idea. They don't even have to go to Africa. How about parts of Mexico, or Nicaragua, or Honduras. You know there are people who dig through dumps that are also used to dump really hazardous chemicals.

You know, people who make such statements only show us how incredibly stupid they are...

And how elitist. To their mind, there is NOTHING in the world worse than having to forego a slab of beef with every meal..and skipping an entire meal to meet a budget is hardship beyond imagining.

You lefties are trying to change the narrative here.
You are making the problems of crime and violence which plague our inner cities about those who have nothing to do with the problem.
Look to the politicians most of whom represent the crime infested cities bu do no live in them or at least do not live in those neighborhoods. THEY are responsible.
Once again, you libs see problems and excuse yourselves of all responsibility.
You people and taxation. Taxes are oxygen to you. You people have the mistaken idea that all problems can be solved by throwing money at them.
Let's start pulling out the money from the military...that is THE biggest and most WASTEFUL usage of our money. So you're right...let's cut the spending.

Progressives are seriously too fucking stupid to live.

If it weren't for people protecting them, subsidizing them, feeding them, and telling them how to breathe I seriously think they would just all die where they sit.
I love how you HAVEN'T addressed the MONUMENTAL WASTE that's happening in our "Defense Department"

I suppose you're totally happy with the WASTE going on...yes?

Yeah, those poor poor folks. Barely able to make their cell phone bills every month or pay the cable bill for the big HD flat screen TV or buy the kid another pair of $150+ sneakers or increase their self-esteem with a $2000 set of cool wheels and tires for the beat up rusted jalopy or buy a few more tattoos or...oh, never mind. It's just too darn depressing.

Yeah, those poor poor folks. Barely able to make their cell phone bills every month or pay the cable bill for the big HD flat screen TV or buy the kid another pair of $150+ sneakers or increase their self-esteem with a $2000 set of cool wheels and tires for the beat up rusted jalopy or buy a few more tattoos or...oh, never mind. It's just too darn depressing.
Is this another example of a modern-day RWer/Republican describing both white and black people, or is this an example of something else?

Apparently, no one can answer my question.

I seem to remember her saying that we needed to start build safety nets for the poor.
What we don't have any now.
We don't have any help for ladies who have baby after baby after baby.
With no means of support except welfare.

No, we don't have a safety net in comparison to billions more that is wasted on corporate welfare i.e. subsidies, tax breaks/loopholes.....! People who are poor want a job, and there are very few if any that actually pay a livable wage, let alone benefits, etc.

What would you do if YOU didn't have a job?
You have not been paying attention. This is not the 1930's when out of work people were ecstatic to have work as opposed to a government check.
Today, if there were a Civilian Conservation Corps or a PWA, and the stipulation of all able bodied people on public assistance were to change in that they MUST take a job in public works, those on public assistance would be screaming from the hilltops. The civil rights attorneys would be falling out of the sky to file lawsuits like so many propaganda leaflets dropped from aircraft in Nazi Germany.
Don't kid yourself. These people do NOT want jobs. They like their monthly stipend courtesy of the producers just fine.
The problem is the safety net is TOO LARGE. Far too many people are gaming the system and there are far too many government employees who have jobs as a result of the sheer size of these programs.
It's time to get rid of the waste and fraud and thin the federal employment herd.
There is no such thing as a definitive livable wage. That is a made up term which no one can actually define or prove. There is a study with a table that for example indicates that a single earner supporting a family of 4 in Los Angeles County, CA must be paid THIRTY FOUR dollars per hour to have a living wage. That means every gas station attendant, every fast food worker, every unskilled job..That is absurd.
The best path to higher wages is to improve one's skill set, gain experience, go to school, be a reliable employee ( no calling in sick, no tardiness no drugs or alcohol) obey the commands of superiors without question, engage management with new ideas...etc...
Get it? A wage is not a gift nor an entitlement. Wages are EARNED.

Let's start pulling out the money from the military...that is THE biggest and most WASTEFUL usage of our money. So you're right...let's cut the spending.

If it weren't for people protecting them, subsidizing them, feeding them, and telling them how to breathe I seriously think they would just all die where they sit.
I love how you HAVEN'T addressed the MONUMENTAL WASTE that's happening in our "Defense Department"

Shut the fuck up, moron. I'm not going to pretend you have anything worth saying.

Yes...Never mind national defense. We must drain that budget and hand ALL that money to all the lazy non-producing parasites, correct?
You people will never be permitted to get pas the fact that HALF of the federal budget goes to social programs. And depending on who you decide is a reliable source, much of that money goes to waste, fraud and those gaming the system.
Don't try to convince anyone that the entire purpose of taxation is to pay for social safety nets.
You democrats have been using social programs as a tool to keep people just above miserable and voting democrat.
Meanwhile you have created a permanent underclass made up of generations living off the taxpayers.
Now you will respond with some nonsense about the GOP wanting all poor people to be out on the streets with nothing. Please.

Is this another example of a modern-day RWer/Republican describing both white and black people, or is this an example of something else?

You don't get out much, do you?

Yes...Never mind national defense. We must drain that budget and hand ALL that money to all the lazy non-producing parasites, correct?
You people will never be permitted to get pas the fact that HALF of the federal budget goes to social programs. And depending on who you decide is a reliable source, much of that money goes to waste, fraud and those gaming the system.
Don't try to convince anyone that the entire purpose of taxation is to pay for social safety nets.
You democrats have been using social programs as a tool to keep people just above miserable and voting democrat.
Meanwhile you have created a permanent underclass made up of generations living off the taxpayers.
Now you will respond with some nonsense about the GOP wanting all poor people to be out on the streets with nothing. Please.
Seek help Republican, you are mental.

The right wing really hates the poor. And so many of them are poor.

Seek help Republican, you are mental.

I see you have no substantive rebuttal.
There is not a single point I presented regarding the broken social program system that is at least in part, factual.
Your reply shows your blind loyalty to a system you support for no other reason that it makes you feel good about yourself.
Politically, the larger the entitlement pool, the more democrat voters.

No part of anything you said was factual.

You people will lose in two months...mark. my. words.

The right wing really hates the poor. And so many of them are poor.

Yep...The ones that work and refuse the government tit are indeed conservatives.
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime...
This logic angers you libs to the point of distraction. You hate it that conservatives champion self reliance, education, achievement and success.
You people believe in equality of outcome.

No part of anything you said was factual.

You people will lose in two months...mark. my. words.

It's all fact.
Go to ladbrokes.uk and put your money where your yapper is.
Odds on Obama are 7/5....I don't think you have that much confidence.
If so, show your bet receipt. You can C&P....

Forum List

Back