MSM It's Not Just A US Perception Problem

Wow...you honestly think liberals and conservatives see every event differently? There is much more than binds the ideologies than separates them. Despite the hatred on both sides, the differences aren't as deep as either would like to think.

By the way...it is very possible for individuals to recognize that they may be wrong. I believe what I believe, but I have no doubt that some of my beliefs are wrong.

I believe what I believe, but I have no doubt that some of my beliefs are wrong.

Thats kinda strange....if you have no doubt some of your beliefs are wrong, why would you hold those beliefs ?
Do you find some facts to be the "inconvenient truth"?
Do you just follow the crowd, despite doubts ?

and those are the ONLY examples EVER of media errors and ALL of them favor a liberal perspective?

whatever.

Not at all mate....the 20 or so % of the media that happen to have a conservative perspective have their opinions and spin....

but thats 20% against 80%.....though those percentages are viewed though my prism....:rofl:
But whatever the true ratio is....its heavily weighted to the left, by their own admission.....

I believe what I believe, but I have no doubt that some of my beliefs are wrong.

Thats kinda strange....if you have no doubt some of your beliefs are wrong, why would you hold those beliefs ?
I think Larkinn was only acknowledging his awareness of his own fallibility.

you should try that sometime.:rofl:

Not at all mate....the 20 or so % of the media that happen to have a conservative perspective have their opinions and spin....

but thats 20% against 80%.....though those percentages are viewed though my prism....:rofl:
But whatever the true ratio is....its heavily weighted to the left, by their own admission.....

in your opinion.

I suggest that news reporters can, in most cases, report the news professionally and objectively without allowing their own personal politics to get in their way.

You may very well have proof that a majority of journalists self identify as liberal or democrat, but you do not have proof that a majority of them report the news using that bias.

in your opinion.

I suggest that news reporters can, in most cases, report the news professionally and objectively without allowing their own personal politics to get in their way.

You may very well have proof that a majority of journalists self identify as liberal or democrat, but you do not have proof that a majority of them report the news using that bias.

Yup no bias at all, that would be why prior to 1997 the term ranking member was never used but after the republicans controlled congress it was.

Said the pot to the kettle.

ah.... more chirping from the lying sack of shit.

how droll.

Are you ever gonna explain how someone who is, according to you, a girl who is only 12 years old in 2007 could have been attacking George Bush's military record when she was only five?:rofl:

how droll.

Are you ever gonna explain how someone who is, according to you, a girl who is only 12 years old in 2007 could have been attacking George Bush's military record when she was only five?:rofl:

Thought yoiu were 4 then? Make up your mind.

Because I don't know which ones are wrong. But given the probabilities, general human ignorance, general human lack of rationality I'd give most of my beliefs hmm...maybe 70-80% of being right. Which ones are wrong? I have no idea. You'll notice that on these boards I often skewer others viewpoints as opposed to providing my own. I don't have anwsers, and I don't pretend too. As I said on another thread to Gunny, these are complicated issues they aren't simple. Anyone who looks at them quick and says "ooh I know!" is a fool. Our society has managed to go to the moon, build computers, the steam engine and railroads. The problems stymying the great political minds of our generation aren't "common sense".

how droll.

Ah Maineman, always was a precocious little girl. Joined the navy while she was still in the womb, and was criticizing Bush by the time she was 5.

Sure you have, go ahead provide us some news clippings ( and I do ot mean podunk newspapers) and some video prior to the republican take over of the press using it.

why don't you prove that it wasn't used. That is your assertion. I say prove it or quit spewing it.

Ah Maineman, always was a precocious little girl. Joined the navy while she was still in the womb, and was criticizing Bush by the time she was 5.

exactly. It is amazing to watch the pretzels this asshole will twist himself into rather than just stepping up and being a man and admitting he misspoke!

Sure you have, go ahead provide us some news clippings ( and I do ot mean podunk newspapers) and some video prior to the republican take over of the press using it.

Jesus you're an idiot. Are you still grasping on to this bullshit?

The term ranking member has ALWAYS been used. Where the hell do you get this stuff? Pull it out of your ass?

The term goes back to at least the 1970s.

http://www.senate.gov/~veterans/public/index.cfm?pageid=8

On January 29, 1971, S. Res. 20, as adopted, assigned the minority members as follows: Senate Committee on Veterans' Affairs: Strom Thurmond (Ranking Minority Member), Clifford P. Hansen, Marlow W. Cook, and Ted Stevens.

Because I don't know which ones are wrong. But given the probabilities, general human ignorance, general human lack of rationality I'd give most of my beliefs hmm...maybe 70-80% of being right. Which ones are wrong? I have no idea. You'll notice that on these boards I often skewer others viewpoints as opposed to providing my own. I don't have anwsers, and I don't pretend too. As I said on another thread to Gunny, these are complicated issues they aren't simple. Anyone who looks at them quick and says "ooh I know!" is a fool. Our society has managed to go to the moon, build computers, the steam engine and railroads. The problems stymying the great political minds of our generation aren't "common sense".

Thats ok Larkinn...I understand what you meant to convey...
I fired from the hip,
I took the word "beliefs" in a different and incorrect manner, my bad....but I agree, I would say we all, have "beliefs" that may not stand the test of time....
and absolutely, some things are much more complicated than our first impressions ....but then don't dismiss "common sense" too fast....some things require common sense to understand....

as in what I was trying to convey to mm about reporters viewing events through their unique belief system and reporting accordingly..its human nature at work, its neither good nor bad, it just is....

Forum List

Back