Mrs. Davis - TV show

Baron Von Murderpaws

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2021
In the recesses of your mind
Been on the lookout for something new to watch.
I think the only new TV shows I've found that I can watch, that aren't full of shit and politics in the past several years is--

Lucifer
Secret of Skinwalker Ranch
and now Mrs. Davis.

Yeah........3 shows.

Loved Lucifer.
Got stuck on the actor though, Tom Ellis. He was in a Britsh comedy called Miranda.
I fucking love Miranda. Perfect cast, real life goofy, and actors that really got into their characters.

Secret of Skinwalker Ranch........well, I have a thread on that one.
So you can look that one up if you wanna.

Have watched 2 episodes of Mrs. Davis now, and I'm hooked.
I don't know what it is with theological based movies and shows, but I have always been magnatized to them for some reason.

Mrs. Davis

After being ousted from her convent, Sister Simone vows to destroy the one responsible: a powerful artificial intelligence known as Mrs. Davis. To exact her revenge, Simone makes a deal with the algorithm (Mrs. Davis) and is thrust into a dangerous world of secret societies, religious conspiracies and age-old legends as she searches for the whereabouts of the most clichéd and overused MacGuffin -- the Holy Grail.
To complete the ridiculous and farfetched task, Simone teams up with her rebellious ex-boyfriend, Wiley, who is now the leader of an underground resistance movement dedicated to stopping Mrs. Davis. Together they face a variety of mysterious and powerful forces as they search for the Grail, the one thing capable of destroying the algorithm once and for all. As they grow closer to completing their quest, Simone must confront her past, prove the strength of her faith and uncover long-hidden secrets as she fights to liberate a society that may not want to be freed.

The show is actually very "comic booky". And it seems to work for this show.

Last edited:
I gave up on TV so long ago I can't even remember. Too many advertisements and too much left-leaning propaganda. I strictly watch YouTubers anymore. Bushcraft, car repair, wood turning, conservative politics and commentary, old tool restoration, gold panning and mining, metal detecting, etc. There's so much interesting stuff.

I gave up on TV so long ago I can't even remember. Too many advertisements and too much left-leaning propaganda. I strictly watch YouTubers anymore. Bushcraft, car repair, wood turning, conservative politics and commentary, old tool restoration, gold panning and mining, metal detecting, etc. There's so much interesting stuff.

I watch what I want online, for free, anytime I want. And I've only had to pay for internet.

I did have NetFlix for a while, but they got too expensive and WOKE.......plus, I only really had them to watch the reboot of Lost In Space, which was actually pretty good.

Tubi has very little, if any commercials in their shows and movies. If they do, they aren't long. LOTS of TV shows from the 60's, 70's, 80's, and 90's.
Pluto TV has TONS of free movies and shows.
Crackle is Sonys free TV and movie site I think. They haven't had much in the past few years, but all of a sudden they've been adding stuff like crazy.
Kanopy is a library based video site. I used my library card to register on the site. They have LOTS of oldies, "B" movies, TV shows, documentaries and all sorts of neat stuff.

Many of the old shows were only 'good' because the other crap was worse. Wasn't a lot of choices until cable and satellite, and they ended up running reruns of old shows and having more commercials than free TV. They don't run many good movies and most of their series suck as well. With free TV now having so many free channels and so little decent content, there is no reason to pay for cable and satellite any more.

Currently watching :
Hogans Heros
Twilight Zone
Head of the Class
Leverage
Alfred Hitchcock Hour
Alfred Hitchcock Presents
on roku and Freevee

Hitchcock's series were fairly well written. I like some of the Leverage episodes. but it got too predictable for me as the series moved along. They could have spiced it up a little by making them a little less Goody Two Shoes here and there for variety. It is a lot like Mission Impossible, only with better acting and some better writing.

Forum List

Back