Mr. President, you did not kill Bin Laden. America Did. ex Seals and CIA ad

More lies from the Etch-a-Stech camp.

In reality:

THE PRESIDENT: Good evening. Tonight, I can report to the American people and to the world that the United States has conducted an operation that killed Osama bin Laden, the leader of al Qaeda, and a terrorist who's responsible for the murder of thousands of innocent men, women, and children.

President Obama.

Yeah sure and since then he has not been Claiming it as his own all over the place.

Please.

Interesting point you ignore. Without the order to do so, they would never have been there. So without obama's go ahead the attack would have never happened.

however, feel free to keep reminding the american public Obama gave the order the last two president's failed to do and got the job done.

Yeah, after placing the special ops general to take the fall when it went wrong and skipping the raid on three different occasions Obama gave the heroic order to kill bin laden, leak the unit, the dogs name, the sources, the attack plan, the call signs, the numbers of personnel involved, and ran a political ad against Mitt Romney. I would be happy to remind the American people of how Obama is the leaker in Cheif.

Last edited:
Bush gave up the hunt for bin Laden - and even closed the unit that was looking for him.

C.I.A. Closes Unit Focused on Capture of bin Laden

Whereas...Obama told Panetta to make Osama bin Laden a top priority...

Bush administration officials: Obama 'clearly deserves credit' - USATODAY.com

FLASHBACK: Bush On Bin Laden: 'I Really Just Don't Spend That Much Time On Him' | ThinkProgress

You couldn't be further from the truth. Bush claimed he closed the unit to incite complacency among the enemy. The unit was never truly shut down. Bush risked political scurutiny and attacks in order to thwart enemy operations. Obama, on the other hand, picked up the same unit turned over to him by Bush that was supposedly "shut down", skipped giving the order three times, prepared to blame the highest ranking spec ops general if it went wrong and spiked the football when it was a sucess with a political ad against MIT Romney. Bush let the press corps eat him alive in the name of national security and Obama leaked secrets for political gain. Do you really beleive Bush gave up searching for OBL? No, it's called real leadership, where a politician would hurt himself politically so that the nation gains militarily. Obama would never be half the man Bush was on national security. And I would challenge you to find any modern soldier or marine in combat arms or intelligence that says otherwise.

The left wing's rabid hatred of Bush and their inability to credit GW for anything is only superceded by their abysmal inability to criticize the current CIC or to recognize any of his military failures such as Afghanistan.

More men and women have died in Afghanistan on Obama's watch than under President Bush's years. Nary a peep from the media or his supporters.

If Bush had handled Afghanistan correctly ten years ago there would have been no need to go back in there and straighten it out

The Bush decision to abandon the war on terror to attack Iraq was one of the biggest blunders in history

"I directed..." "I was briefed..." "I determined...", "At my direction..." I, I. I, all over that speech, ad nauseam, and every one of you Obamabots here fell all over yourselves giving your "commander-in-chief" (who is not qualified to lead a bunch of Girl Scouts on a day hike) full credit and then some, just for giving an order with relatively low political risk and a huge potential upside (in other words, a no-brainer). A military officer who used the first person singular that often in an after-action report on a successful mission would get his arse chewed by his superiors, and rightly so; when you are in command, everyone knows who gave the orders (or was supposed to), so any self-congratulation is both superfluous and unwarranted. Well, I don't suppose we can expect a "community organizer" who thought he was too good to serve to understand that. His personal role was the minimum required, and his use of it now in an attack ad, reveals his motives and the size of his monumental ego. Some "hero" you on the Left worship! I'd say the same for ANY politician who thus tried to take credit for the work of our military and intelligence professionals.

Thank you.

Wish you could get your story straight..

Conservatives simultaneously gripe that Obama had nothing to do with killing bin Laden and now that he is credited with too much

Which is it?

It can't be both?

what is there to see? besides more negativity towards Obama.

Here are the facts: 1. Americans biggest enemy is dead. 2. Obama is the Commander in Chief, the top of the chain of command.

what else is there to discuss?

The Fact that Obama is running around like a jack ass saying Osama is Dead, GM is alive.

lol

He is trying to play up what was in fact a very simple Decision, and one ANYONE in their Right mind would have made, into some Great Feet. Yay, When the CIA called and said we know where UBL is Obama gave the Raid a Green light. Woo Hooo such a massive accomplishment.

And don't even try and tell me we got him because of Obama Policy, we got him because of an extensive Decade long Effort by Thousands of hard working people, and In large part thanks to Policies put into Place by Bush, that Obama wisely kept in place.

the facts are the facts.

Kennedy put a man on the moon. Obama got Bin Landen.

can we just move on?

You couldn't be further from the truth. Bush claimed he closed the unit to incite complacency among the enemy. The unit was never truly shut down. Bush risked political scurutiny and attacks in order to thwart enemy operations. Obama, on the other hand, picked up the same unit turned over to him by Bush that was supposedly "shut down", skipped giving the order three times, prepared to blame the highest ranking spec ops general if it went wrong and spiked the football when it was a sucess with a political ad against MIT Romney. Bush let the press corps eat him alive in the name of national security and Obama leaked secrets for political gain. Do you really beleive Bush gave up searching for OBL? No, it's called real leadership, where a politician would hurt himself politically so that the nation gains militarily. Obama would never be half the man Bush was on national security. And I would challenge you to find any modern soldier or marine in combat arms or intelligence that says otherwise.

The left wing's rabid hatred of Bush and their inability to credit GW for anything is only superceded by their abysmal inability to criticize the current CIC or to recognize any of his military failures such as Afghanistan.

More men and women have died in Afghanistan on Obama's watch than under President Bush's years. Nary a peep from the media or his supporters.

If Bush had handled Afghanistan correctly ten years ago there would have been no need to go back in there and straighten it out

The Bush decision to abandon the war on terror to attack Iraq was one of the biggest blunders in history

Obama straightened out Afghanistan? Afghanistan has never been as violent as it is today.

Why is this even an argument? Everyone has the right to their opinion. I would never demand that someone give credit to the president for the death of OBL. However those that feel the commander and chief deserves credit for making that mans death a priority and for giving the call to go in, have the right to feel that way too.

Does he deserve the credit for setting up the spec ops general for the fall if it failed? I've never heard of that style of leadership. We call that cowardice where I come from. If my company commander ordered us to raid a house when I was in the Marines, and it went bad, trust me when I say that they wouldent have blamed the platoon sergeant.

Last edited:
He gets credit, he's the CIC just like Bush gets credit for starting two failed war efforts in the Middle East. Obama get credit for getting us out. Capiche?

This is what Obama gets credit for

More On Obama's handling of the military
Obama planned dead SEAL photo op against families objections.
Terrorist who killed US soldiers but released to Iraqi’s by Obama, now free
Obama Snubs Nation's Heroes, Becomes the First President to Skip Ball Honoring Medal of Honor Recipients in Over 50 Years
Obama Calls Navy Corpsman a 'Corpse-man'
New Book Describes Rift Between Obama’s Nat’l Security Adviser and His Political Team: ‘Water Bugs’
The Rolling Stone profile of Stanley McChrystal that changed history
Obama "Insensitive, Cruel To Veterans And Familes" On Memorial Day Says Ex-U.S. Cavalry Captain
White House Mum on Case of Three Navy SEALs Accused of Mistreating Terrorist
The rules murdering our troops
US sees new interest from Taliban in peace talks
President Obama Goes All In on The Taliban
Obama’s burning Koran apology
Obama campaign sues Ohio over early voting law for military
Intelligence Community: Obama Spoiled Anti-Terror Mission to Spike Football
Judge Napolitano: Gov’t Wrong Not To Label Ft. Hood ‘Domestic Terrorism’ Like Sikh Temple Shooting
Barack Obama on Iraq: Then and now
Presidential Memorandum--Closure of Dentention Facilities at the Guantanamo Bay Naval Base
Obama Admin Releases Terrorist Who Killed U.S. Soldiers
Obama Admin Says It Doesn’t Need Congressional Approval To Wage War
Ayatollah Khamenei praises Barack Obama’s anti-war comments
Obama caught on mic telling Medvedev to give US 'space' on nuclear issue
Poland Intends To Create Its Own Missile Defence
Fidel Castro praises Obama
Hugo Chavez Praises Obama, Denounces Romney
Judicial Watch: Withholding CIA Papers in bin Laden Movie Case 'Stinks to High Heaven'
ObamaWood: Kathryn Bigelow Given 'Top-Level Access To Most Classified Mission In History'; Pentagon Launches Investigation
Hollywood Bails Out Obama With Bin Laden Movie
CIA Finds Stack of 'Overlooked' Docs Related to Bin Laden Movie Leaks
Pat Dollard
Spec Ops Community Blasts Obama Admin for Intel Leaks, Negligence, Egotism
how obama and hillary bungled away iraq
President Obama Praises Self for Ending War in Iraq on Bloodiest Day of the Year in That Country.
House bars Obama from sharing secrets with Russia
WikiLeaks cables: US agrees to tell Russia Britain's nuclear secrets
Military Cuts and Tax Plan Are Central to Obama Budget
Revealed: How White House 'planned to shield Obama by blaming Navy chief if bin Laden raid went wrong'
Iran's supreme leader praises Obama's emphasis on diplomacy

yes indeed. Obama is the Commander in Chief, so if we follow the chain of command as it currently is. Obama deserves some credit. To even try and make this a political play is sort of disingenuous at best.

Why is this so hard to understand? if Reagen gets credit for the fall of the Soviet Union, then Obama is surly in order to take a claim of the death of our greatest enemy.

How Obama Got Bin Laden: A Detailed Account From ‘Showdown’ by David Corn

In a meticulously reported account from Showdown, veteran journalist David Corn details the tense deliberations leading up to the decision to raid the Abbottabad compound on May 1, 2011.

During the 2008 campaign, when Barack Obama bluntly vowed “we will kill bin Laden,” he did not know that one of the most consequential moments of his presidency would be deciding whether to make good on that vow. In fact, his fierce campaign pledge to resort to unilateral action to get Osama bin Laden, should he be hiding in Pakistan, was slammed by both Hillary Clinton and John McCain as reckless talk. But Obama took the promise seriously. Five months into his presidency, he sent a memo to Leon Panetta, then the new CIA chief, signaling that he considered finding bin Laden a high-priority task. He requested a detailed operation plan for locating and “bringing to justice” the mass-murderer. Yet for a year, Panetta did not have much to report to Obama on this front. Then in the summer of 2010, the agency informed Obama there was a lead: bin Laden might be in a compound in Abbottabad, Pakistan, about 35 miles north of Islamabad. He could be within Obama’s reach.

Much More (Obama haters won't like it): How Obama Got Bin Laden: A Detailed Account From ‘Showdown’ by David Corn

You're so right on, tinydander. Obama took credit away from the Seals and heaped it upon himself.

He needs to apologize to the Seals for stealing their thunder. The Seals paid a price for all that braggadocio when their brother seals were shot down by angry terrorists who targeted them after it was leaked who did it. They're marked men who weren't killed in the helicopter attack after revelations were made by the Obamabot press.

You need to apologize to our nation for trying to turn our victory into a point of political contention.

You should be ashamed of yourself.

That's a whole lot better than what the American Left did with the victory my brothers and I won in Vietnam-they gave it away to the enemy, and then blamed us. I despise your whole species for that, and always will!

Yes sir! The Tet offensive ended in disaster for the Veitnam Cong and the The Army of NV. It see them back for years. General Giap and even OBL cites that anti war movements in The USA as the reason why we pulled. We were fighting a war and they were fighting the media war. And the media was all to willing to participate. Cronkites assertions were absolutly unfounded. Than you.

How Obama Got Bin Laden: A Detailed Account From ‘Showdown’ by David Corn

In a meticulously reported account from Showdown, veteran journalist David Corn details the tense deliberations leading up to the decision to raid the Abbottabad compound on May 1, 2011.

During the 2008 campaign, when Barack Obama bluntly vowed “we will kill bin Laden,” he did not know that one of the most consequential moments of his presidency would be deciding whether to make good on that vow. In fact, his fierce campaign pledge to resort to unilateral action to get Osama bin Laden, should he be hiding in Pakistan, was slammed by both Hillary Clinton and John McCain as reckless talk. But Obama took the promise seriously. Five months into his presidency, he sent a memo to Leon Panetta, then the new CIA chief, signaling that he considered finding bin Laden a high-priority task. He requested a detailed operation plan for locating and “bringing to justice” the mass-murderer. Yet for a year, Panetta did not have much to report to Obama on this front. Then in the summer of 2010, the agency informed Obama there was a lead: bin Laden might be in a compound in Abbottabad, Pakistan, about 35 miles north of Islamabad. He could be within Obama’s reach.

Much More (Obama haters won't like it): How Obama Got Bin Laden: A Detailed Account From ‘Showdown’ by David Corn

If a soldier leaked that much information to the public (as the WH) he would be serving consecutive life sentences.

Last edited:
If you're a professional journalist, with a record of protecting your sources, you can find out almost anything in Washington.

I sure hope the Right runs that ad nationwide in a major ad-buy. What a gift to Obama! It accomplishes not one but two things:

1) It reminds people that Obama made the decision to strike Bin Laden.
2) It reminds people how much hatred the far- right has for the President.

yes indeed. Obama is the Commander in Chief, so if we follow the chain of command as it currently is. Obama deserves some credit. To even try and make this a political play is sort of disingenuous at best.

Why is this so hard to understand? if Reagen gets credit for the fall of the Soviet Union, then Obama is surly in order to take a claim of the death of our greatest enemy.

Reagan participated in the foreign policy and global media war against the USSR, openly thrashing them at every moment he could. Obama had an OBL unit on auto piolet where the experts informed him on their progress and requested permission to raid the OBL compound upon receipt of good intelligence. Obama then passed three times and, when he finally gave the order, he made it a conditional one, allowing room for the spec ops commander to take the fall if it went south. Disconnected leadership is not leadership.

Forum List

Back