Mr. President, you did not kill Bin Laden. America Did. ex Seals and CIA ad

what is there to see? besides more negativity towards Obama.

Here are the facts: 1. Americans biggest enemy is dead. 2. Obama is the Commander in Chief, the top of the chain of command.

what else is there to discuss?
I for one would be interested to know if these assholes really are former Seals and if they are, why they are dishonoring their country.

that's a pathetic comment Ravi. Shame on you !!!

what is there to see? besides more negativity towards Obama.

Here are the facts: 1. Americans biggest enemy is dead. 2. Obama is the Commander in Chief, the top of the chain of command.

what else is there to discuss?
I for one would be interested to know if these assholes really are former Seals and if they are, why they are dishonoring their country.

that's a pathetic comment Ravi. Shame on you !!!
Why? I've never known someone that served in the military accuse the President of being a traitor. You have, apparently.

Reading the links (Thanks Lahkota, for posting the FACTS) -

Isn't this sad.

These ex-seals have a right to their opinion and some obviously believe in the rw dogma. What it says is not true. We've never seen the president try to take credit. Just the opposite. He has always given all the credit to the people who were there. Nonetheless, without him, it would not have happened.

‘Mr. President, you did not kill Osama bin Laden, America did.’

What is that supposed to mean? Its a stupid thing to say. America was sitting in their easy chairs when the killing happened. Yeah, the right tried to take credit away from the Seals and say they did it but they did nothing. Absolutely nothing.

What I find the most shocking is that these men would try so hard to cause their own country harm.

The right will not quit until they have caused a full out civil war. They've just about got it done ... just a little more work for them to do.

Shame on them. Shame on them for using this as their political football just to get rid of a black president so they can give more money to the 1%. Make no mistake, when you get right down to it, that's what all of this is about.

Tsk, tsk; it's your side who always accuse conservatives of advocating civil war, and yet who threatens it here? That what you Lefites are going to do, if we keep preventing you from getting your way? Start a civil war and say we "made you do it"? Luddly, what a pathetic little joke you are. You'd do as well at that, as some of your OWS crowd who promised us a redux of the French Revolution if they didn't get their way; how did that one work out? I haven't seen any of those "evil one-percenters" marched to the guillotine yet, so I'd guess not so well. Whatever. I still remember what happened the last time you Reds said you were "gonna start a revolution" back in the sixties; you fools couldn't stage a respectable coup in the lowliest two-bit banana republic!:lol:

As for the rest of your whining, after the nasty smear campaign your side has run from the get-go, (that "Romney murdered my wife!" ad was a real piece of work), you have exactly ZERO grounds for complaining about ANYTHING the other side attacks you with! Obama want his campaign to be "as nasty as we wanna be"? Then expect the same in return; I really don't care WHAT we do from here on out! Payback is a bitch!

"I directed..." "I was briefed..." "I determined...", "At my direction..." I, I. I, all over that speech, ad nauseam, and every one of you Obamabots here fell all over yourselves giving your "commander-in-chief" (who is not qualified to lead a bunch of Girl Scouts on a day hike) full credit and then some, just for giving an order with relatively low political risk and a huge potential upside (in other words, a no-brainer). A military officer who used the first person singular that often in an after-action report on a successful mission would get his arse chewed by his superiors, and rightly so; when you are in command, everyone knows who gave the orders (or was supposed to), so any self-congratulation is both superfluous and unwarranted. Well, I don't suppose we can expect a "community organizer" who thought he was too good to serve to understand that. His personal role was the minimum required, and his use of it now in an attack ad, reveals his motives and the size of his monumental ego. Some "hero" you on the Left worship! I'd say the same for ANY politician who thus tried to take credit for the work of our military and intelligence professionals.

Wow, this is utter assholery.

Mr Obama wouldn't get his "ass chewed out" by his "superiors" because he doesn't have any superiors.

He did do all the things he said he did, and in the same speech, he gave credit to every single person involved in the operation.

But no, I imagine you can't even give credit where credit is due when it comes to people you disagree with politically.

Party over country, once again.

Nice work.

Idiot-I was pointing out the inability of the "commander-in-chief" of our military to conduct himself by military standards, but that went right over your head. I see I forgot to allow for your low position (liplocked to Obama's ass)!. Sorry; I'll aim lower next time.:D

If it had gone wrong, every single person complaining now would be pointing to Obama and saying it was all his fault, and they would be right.

They don't give a shit about reality, or hypocrisy.

All they care about is making sure their side wins, and by their side I don't mean our nation, I mean their party.

This ad is just the latest in a series of disgusting tactics used by right-wing fanatics in high-profile political campaigns.

These people will stop at nothing to win elections. Nothing.

Your side doesn't; why should WE?

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

No shit, i am not being obnoxius, that is the funniest line in a year

Oh my god
please please please

tell me this is sarcasm, dear god please

Ah another arrogant liberal who think that military individuals are too stupid, too dumb to think for themselves.

Wow. How low can you scumbuckets get to think that these men and women have no ability to think or have an opinion on their own?

another one of those supports the troops, until they come home and need treatment for ptsd or agent orange etc

I know the type, believe me

Do you now? Since when have you been on the receiving end of that treatment (or lack of same? Where did YOU serve?

"I directed..." "I was briefed..." "I determined...", "At my direction..." I, I. I, all over that speech, ad nauseam, and every one of you Obamabots here fell all over yourselves giving your "commander-in-chief" (who is not qualified to lead a bunch of Girl Scouts on a day hike) full credit and then some, just for giving an order with relatively low political risk and a huge potential upside (in other words, a no-brainer). A military officer who used the first person singular that often in an after-action report on a successful mission would get his arse chewed by his superiors, and rightly so; when you are in command, everyone knows who gave the orders (or was supposed to), so any self-congratulation is both superfluous and unwarranted. Well, I don't suppose we can expect a "community organizer" who thought he was too good to serve to understand that. His personal role was the minimum required, and his use of it now in an attack ad, reveals his motives and the size of his monumental ego. Some "hero" you on the Left worship! I'd say the same for ANY politician who thus tried to take credit for the work of our military and intelligence professionals.

Thank you.

You're so right on, tinydander. Obama took credit away from the Seals and heaped it upon himself.

He needs to apologize to the Seals for stealing their thunder. The Seals paid a price for all that braggadocio when their brother seals were shot down by angry terrorists who targeted them after it was leaked who did it. They're marked men who weren't killed in the helicopter attack after revelations were made by the Obamabot press.

You need to apologize to our nation for trying to turn our victory into a point of political contention.

You should be ashamed of yourself.

That's a whole lot better than what the American Left did with the victory my brothers and I won in Vietnam-they gave it away to the enemy, and then blamed us. I despise your whole species for that, and always will!

I, me, my, mine did it for me.

One Chance and using it as means to demonize clenched it.

Another kicker was the "fighting on my behalf" quote. He's an egomaniac.
You're so right on, tinydander. Obama took credit away from the Seals and heaped it upon himself.

He needs to apologize to the Seals for stealing their thunder. The Seals paid a price for all that braggadocio when their brother seals were shot down by angry terrorists who targeted them after it was leaked who did it. They're marked men who weren't killed in the helicopter attack after revelations were made by the Obamabot press.

This quote truly reveals his perception of being CIC and it's startling in revealing what a narcissist he is.

" the commander-in-chief of the nation's armed forces told ABC News that "when I think about those soldiers or airmen or marines (sic) or sailors who are out there fighting on my behalf"

Read more: Let's See How Long Obama's 'Soldiers ... Fighting On My Behalf' Comment Hangs Around | NewsBusters.org

article-2188780-148F99C7000005DC-658_634x407.jpg

Not in my name: Navy SEAL Ben Smith speaks out against the Obama administration's leaking of classified material

Read more: Former SEALs and CIA operatives to slam Obama over leaks and bin Laden bragging | Mail Online

So how many of these seals were actually there doing shooting? It is somewhat implied this is the official view of the seals, but none of them are active. I just want to know how many of the new swift boat traitors were actually there to criticize the operation.
You saying that navy seals don't know about opsec?

That's a whole lot better than what the American Left did with the victory my brothers and I won in Vietnam-they gave it away to the enemy, and then blamed us. I despise your whole species for that, and always will!

And thanks for confirming this is all about spite for you.

Hey, guess what? I'm not a hippie. I proudly served in the Army, and I tell anybody who denigrates service, or anyone who served, that they should shut the fuck up.

The Democratic Party hasn't represented the hippie point of view in 30 years, and won't be representing it in the near future.

The President isn't now, and hasn't been a pacifist. When he talked about the Iraq War, he said, "I'm not against war, I'm against stupid wars".

And all I know is that switching tactics, from invading nations to pinpoint attacks on the right targets, has not only saved thousands of the lives of our fellow servicemen, but has actually accomplished what Obama's predecessor was supposed to do, which is kill the people responsible for 9/11.

Why is this even an argument? Everyone has the right to their opinion. I would never demand that someone give credit to the president for the death of OBL. However those that feel the commander and chief deserves credit for making that mans death a priority and for giving the call to go in, have the right to feel that way too.

He gets credit, he's the CIC just like Bush gets credit for starting two failed war efforts in the Middle East. Obama get credit for getting us out. Capiche?

The only thing I "capiche" is that you and your friends wouldn't know a failed war from a success; hell, some of you wouldn't know which end of a weapon the round comes out of! Don't confuse a self-aggrandizing empty suit who can't even salute properly with a military hero.

"He is neither a strategeist, nor is he schooled in the operational arts, nor is he a tactician, nor is he a general, nor is he a soldier. Other than that, he's a great military man; I want you to know that." Fits the glory-hound-in-chief perfectly!

Idiot-I was pointing out the inability of the "commander-in-chief" of our military to conduct himself by military standards, but that went right over your head. I see I forgot to allow for your low position (liplocked to Obama's ass)!. Sorry; I'll aim lower next time.:D

What a bunch of unmitigated crap. "Conduct himself by military standards". ROFL.

Did you say that about Bush when he flew a fighter jet onto an aircraft carrier to prematurely ejaculate about victory in Iraq?

Give me a fucking break.

Interesting point you ignore. Without the order to do so, they would never have been there. So without obama's go ahead the attack would have never happened.

however, feel free to keep reminding the american public Obama gave the order the last two president's failed to do and got the job done.
You are sick with Obama-itus. George Bush gave the order to hunt down and kill bin Laden.

Bush gave up the hunt for bin Laden - and even closed the unit that was looking for him.

C.I.A. Closes Unit Focused on Capture of bin Laden

Whereas...Obama told Panetta to make Osama bin Laden a top priority...

Bush administration officials: Obama 'clearly deserves credit' - USATODAY.com

FLASHBACK: Bush On Bin Laden: 'I Really Just Don't Spend That Much Time On Him' | ThinkProgress

You couldn't be further from the truth. Bush claimed he closed the unit to incite complacency among the enemy. The unit was never truly shut down. Bush risked political scurutiny and attacks in order to thwart enemy operations. Obama, on the other hand, picked up the same unit turned over to him by Bush that was supposedly "shut down", skipped giving the order three times, prepared to blame the highest ranking spec ops general if it went wrong and spiked the football when it was a sucess with a political ad against MIT Romney. Bush let the press corps eat him alive in the name of national security and Obama leaked secrets for political gain. Do you really beleive Bush gave up searching for OBL? No, it's called real leadership, where a politician would hurt himself politically so that the nation gains militarily. Obama would never be half the man Bush was on national security. And I would challenge you to find any modern soldier or marine in combat arms or intelligence that says otherwise.

Last edited:
If it had gone wrong, every single person complaining now would be pointing to Obama and saying it was all his fault, and they would be right.

They don't give a shit about reality, or hypocrisy.

All they care about is making sure their side wins, and by their side I don't mean our nation, I mean their party.

This ad is just the latest in a series of disgusting tactics used by right-wing fanatics in high-profile political campaigns.

These people will stop at nothing to win elections. Nothing.
No, we will just stop Obama from worrying small businesses to death, who turn around and clamp down on hiring until Obama is gone.

You can help employ American unemployed people. Vote Republican. ;)

Well, well. Guns a blazing with this new campaign. They are very unhappy individuals who feel that the President's bragging and all the leaks he's allowed are out of line.

Here's the first words spoken in the film:

ts opening attack on Obama is a 22-minute film. In it, Ben Smith, a former SEAL, says: 'Mr. President, you did not kill Osama bin Laden, America did. The work that the American military has done killed Osama bin Laden. You did not.

'As a citizen, it is my civic duty to tell the president to stop leaking information to the enemy. It will get Americans killed.'

Here's a bit of the article and the link. Video at link as well.

Former SEALs and CIA operatives to launch campaign blasting Obama over leaks and bragging over bin Laden death

Ben Smith, former SEAL, says: 'As a citizen, it is my civic duty to tell the president to stop leaking information to the enemy. It will get Americans killed.'

By Toby Harnden

A group of former US Navy SEALs, other Special Forces troops and CIA operatives is to launch a national campaign to tell Barack Obama: ‘Mr. President, you did not kill Osama bin Laden, America did.’

The group, calling itself OPSEC, short for Operational Security, will also highlight the slew of national security leaks from the Obama administration, which Mitt Romney has also focused on.

And in May, former and serving SEALS told MailOnline of their dismay that Obama had begun to use the killing of the terror mastermind to his own political advantage

'Intelligence and Special Operations members are angry and frustrated at how our work has been used for political advantage by officials across government, including President Obama himself who bears special responsibility as Commander in Chief,' Scott Taylor, chairman of OPSEC and a former SEAL, told Reuters.

'We want the American people to understand the cost of these leaks and politicization both on those who serve and on our national security and to hold those in positions of leadership accountable if it doesn’t stop.'

Read more: Former SEALs and CIA operatives to slam Obama over leaks and bin Laden bragging | Mail Online

Worst possible move the GOP could have made on it's behalf.

It sounded stupid when you guys tried it earlier
It sounds stupid now.

You'll have to prove the GOP put them up to it. And to re-emphasize what I said you have to prove the GOP put them up to it.

From the article:

Leaders of the OPSEC insist it is nonpartisan and not connected to any presidential campaign or political party.

I am of the position that the move wasn't made on behalf of the GOP. Regardless, it doesn't help the GOP cause to have this sort of nonsense brought back up.

Thank you.

Wish you could get your story straight..

Conservatives simultaneously gripe that Obama had nothing to do with killing bin Laden and now that he is credited with too much

Which is it?

You are sick with Obama-itus. George Bush gave the order to hunt down and kill bin Laden.

Bush gave up the hunt for bin Laden - and even closed the unit that was looking for him.

C.I.A. Closes Unit Focused on Capture of bin Laden

Whereas...Obama told Panetta to make Osama bin Laden a top priority...

Bush administration officials: Obama 'clearly deserves credit' - USATODAY.com

FLASHBACK: Bush On Bin Laden: 'I Really Just Don't Spend That Much Time On Him' | ThinkProgress

You couldn't be further from the truth. Bush claimed he closed the unit to incite complacency among the enemy. The unit was never truly shut down. Bush risked political scurutiny and attacks in order to thwart enemy operations. Obama, on the other hand, picked up the same unit turned over to him by Bush that was supposedly "shut down", skipped giving the order three times, prepared to blame the highest ranking spec ops general if it went wrong and spiked the football when it was a sucess with a political ad against MIT Romney. Bush let the press corps eat him alive in the name of national security and Obama leaked secrets for political gain. Do you really beleive Bush gave up searching for OBL? No, it's called real leadership, where a politician would hurt himself politically so that the nation gains militarily. Obama would never be half the man Bush was on national security. And I would challenge you to find any modern soldier or marine in combat arms or intelligence that says otherwise.

The left wing's rabid hatred of Bush and their inability to credit GW for anything is only superceded by their abysmal inability to criticize the current CIC or to recognize any of his military failures such as Afghanistan.

More men and women have died in Afghanistan on Obama's watch than under President Bush's years. Nary a peep from the media or his supporters.

Forum List

Back