Mr. President,Where Is Your Debt Plan Sir?...

Fine, tell us where Obama specifies cuts of $4 trillion over 10 years. The left keeps claiming that number, though none have seen anything, much less CBO scoring, much like Obamacare. "You'll see it when it's passed."

Weird, I could've sworn I already said "The reality is that all of these plans contain a lot of hand-waving."

Greenbeard is a paid shill. In his 'paid shill' world, Republican sponsored bills are always vague and ambiguous, never detailed or specific enough. By contrast, anything proposed by a Democrat, even a campaign speech made by Obama, is factual, accurate, superior!

Fucking shill.....

That's quiet accurate actually. David Plouffe sent him here

By your logic no legislation that has been passed in years meets your criteria of specificity, and hell I can agree to that up to a point.

All right, here's an easy task for you. The Speaker has laid out $850 billion in spending cuts in this deficit reduction legislation.

List those cuts. You can round but your list should more or less sum to $850 billion.

Running in circles here.

The cuts will be determined by a bipartisan panel in the Senate and House. Those specifics are in the bill.

Again, the GOP has a plan the president does not. I answered your question, will you do the same for me? Who has a more detailed plan: Obama or the GOP?

WASHINGTON — President Obama made the case Wednesday for slowing the rapid growth of the national debt while retaining core Democratic values, proposing a mix of long-term spending cuts, tax increases and changes to social welfare programs as his opening position in a fierce partisan budget battle over the nation’s fiscal challenges.

Mr. Obama said his proposal would cut federal budget deficits by a cumulative $4 trillion over 12 years, compared with a deficit reduction of $4.4 trillion over 10 years in the Republican plan. But the president said he would use starkly different means, rejecting the fundamental changes to Medicare and Medicaid proposed by Republicans and relying in part on tax increases on affluent Americans.

The president framed his proposal as a balanced alternative to the Republican plan, setting the stage for a debate that will consume Washington in coming weeks, as the administration faces off with Congress over raising the national debt ceiling, and into next year, as the president runs for re-election.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/14/us/politics/14obama.html

But go a head and pretend he hasn't or that the GOP is willing to compromise.

Pretty mysterious plan. No one's ever seen it. His own Propaganda Minister has even admitted it doesn't exist. Just put it on paper so the American People can see it. At least Boehner and others have put their plans out there in Public for scrutiny. Now that's brave leadership. This President is obviously scared to put his plan on paper and release it to the Public. He's absolutely terrified people might criticize it. He's no leader. And i don't care what you Hopey Changey sheep say.

No mystery. The President wanted to includes a rollback of the Bush Era tax cuts. That's not happening. Nor is the military budget on the table.

Here's what's happening now.

CBO Says Reid Debt Plan; Like Boehner's, Falls Short Of Goal : It's All Politics : NPR

The cuts will be determined by a bipartisan panel in the Senate and House.

Excellent, keep us posted on that.

Hey, perhaps we are in agreement. I don't believe that any cuts will actually happen, and Tea Party members of Congress don't either. If that is your point, okay fine I agree.

But the OP was entirely about the president not having a plan.

Yes, and I was responding to the chatter that came after the OP, which seemed to believe some detailed deficit reduction plan exists somewhere else.

If you agree with my central point--that the reality is that all of these plans contain a lot of hand-waving--then we're on the same page. All of these proposals have more holes than Swiss cheese.

Yes, and I was responding to the chatter that came after the OP, which seemed to believe some detailed deficit reduction plan exists somewhere else.

If you agree with my central point--that the reality is that all of these plans contain a lot of hand-waving--then we're on the same page. All of these proposals have more holes than Swiss cheese.

This is defensive play #1 from the "paid shill" handbook. Once someone calls you out, play the moderate. :lol::lol:

But only one proposal was detailed and direct enough to warrant a vote...one that did not just get votes from the GOP, but from 3 democrats as well.

So all in all.....everyone elses is nothing but "talk"....and the GOP are the only ones that prepared a proposal worthy of a vote.

So that being said...why did the president say the GOP are to blame for no progress?

Awww...forget it...dont even answer that question. He said it becuase he loves to play the blame game. We all know that about him already.

Well your response seems to have been based on ignorance, that's forgivable. your central point is missing some definition. While 'all' the plans may have holes, only the conservatives have put up plans that could be measured and thus criticized.

Well your response seems to have been based on ignorance, that's forgivable. your central point is missing some definition. While 'all' the plans may have holes, only the conservatives have put up plans that could be measured and thus criticized.

This makes little sense, give that the CBO score for Reid's plan was released today. Perhaps you'll have a slightly easier time spotting the smoke and mirrors in his legislation than you do spotting the very same smoke and mirrors in Boehner's?

Looks like the American People are gonna have to eat another Shit Sandwich on this one. Even Boehner's plan doesn't do much. They'll just kick the can down the road again. It's pretty depressing.

Forum List

Back