Mr. President,Where Is Your Debt Plan Sir?...

Does it hurt you to be so mindlessly unaware of reality?

Perhaps we have different conceptions of what a detailed proposal is. I don't consider setting a cap (means to achieve that cap TBD) and creating a "Joint Select Committee on Deficit Reduction" to find almost $2 trillion in savings to be a particularly detailed plan. The reality is that all of these plans contain a lot of hand-waving.

Oh I believe you and I have a lot of different conceptions of many, many things.

HR 2560 Cut, Cap & Balance Act of 2011
H.R. 2560: Cut, Cap, and Balance Act of 2011 (GovTrack.us)

Let me ask you this: when Nancy Pelosi stood in the House and said "we have to pass (Obamacare) to find out what is in it", without doing what the GOP has done, and that is allow the public to view it, did you bemoan it's lack of specificity?

You may believe that the Act isn't detailed enough for you, but it is much more detailed than the NO plan the president currently has, and that was the entire point of the OP. Do you disagree with that too?

Last edited:
Obama's debt plan is more debt.

That is BS political partisan rehtoric...

You obviously did not listen to what he had to say on Monday evening.

You are a partisan fool and your post has no value.

Obamas debt plan is "it is the GOP's fault"

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Yes...they are not 1700 page bills...but they are specific in what is to be done (accroding to the law if it were passed)...and how it is done is something that a committee would determine.

In other words, in general they don't specify where spending cuts/savings are to be found. Which is my point.

Again, instructions to find savings somewhere (but not in Social Security, Medicare, or veteran's benefits) is hardly a detailed proposal. If I ask you what's being cut due to that bill, you can't tell me and I can't go to legislative text to look it up. It's hand-waving.

Let me ask you this: when Nancy Pelosi stood in the House and said "we have to pass (Obamacare) to find out what is in it", without doing what the GOP has done, and that is allow the public to view it, did you bemoan it's lack of specificity?

The health reform bills were available online (as all legislation introduced in Congress is available online). And the conservative complaint was they were too specific, as I recall.

Yes...they are not 1700 page bills...but they are specific in what is to be done (accroding to the law if it were passed)...and how it is done is something that a committee would determine.

In other words, in general they don't specify where spending cuts/savings are to be found. Which is my point.

If that is your point, then you don't have one. The bill does specify who and how the cuts will come about.

I'm beating my head against a wall here. Did you take the time to read the bill? The CBO has made these projections, do you disagree with the CBO? There has to be some specificity for these projections to be made. They aren't making stuff up.

What is your point???

If that is your point, then you don't have one. The bill does specify who and how the cuts will come about.

I'm beating my head against a wall here. Did you take the time to read the bill? The CBO has made these projections, do you disagree with the CBO? There has to be some specificity for these projections to be made. They aren't making stuff up.

What is your point???
I think Greenbeard is a disinformation agent, paid by the DNC to spew nonsense. :lol:

What is your point???

You are bashing your head over an idiot. As the head of CBO said to reporter regarding pronouncements by Obama one evening, "We don't score speeches." In order to score, in this case not in Boehner's favor #'s wise, there were specifics. You know it, educated folks know it. Idiots do not.

I'm beating my head against a wall here. Did you take the time to read the bill?

Yes. Hence my confusion as to the characterizations I'm seeing in this thread.

The CBO has made these projections, do you disagree with the CBO? There has to be some specificity for these projections to be made. They aren't making stuff up.

The legislation says "gee, let's not spend more than X." Thus the CBO analysis comes back saying: "In total, if appropriations in the next 10 years are equal to the caps on discretionary spending and the maximum amount of funding is provided for the program integrity initiatives, CBO estimates that the legislation would reduce budget deficits by about $850 billion between 2012 and 2021 relative to CBO’s March 2011 baseline adjusted for subsequent appropriation action."

That doesn't mean anyone's laid out how those targets are actually going to be achieved. That would be interesting to know.

What is your point???

You are bashing your head over an idiot. As the head of CBO said to reporter regarding pronouncements by Obama one evening, "We don't score speeches." In order to score, in this case not in Boehner's favor #'s wise, there were specifics. You know it, educated folks know it. Idiots do not.

He has a wonderful mysterious plan but he won't put it on paper? Come on,that's just cowardly nonsense. And your point about 'educated folks' is an important one. Have you spoken with an average Hopey Changey follower? Pretty scary stuff. They're certainly no geniuses. It's actually very sad. What a mess we have.

WASHINGTON — President Obama made the case Wednesday for slowing the rapid growth of the national debt while retaining core Democratic values, proposing a mix of long-term spending cuts, tax increases and changes to social welfare programs as his opening position in a fierce partisan budget battle over the nation’s fiscal challenges.

Mr. Obama said his proposal would cut federal budget deficits by a cumulative $4 trillion over 12 years, compared with a deficit reduction of $4.4 trillion over 10 years in the Republican plan. But the president said he would use starkly different means, rejecting the fundamental changes to Medicare and Medicaid proposed by Republicans and relying in part on tax increases on affluent Americans.

The president framed his proposal as a balanced alternative to the Republican plan, setting the stage for a debate that will consume Washington in coming weeks, as the administration faces off with Congress over raising the national debt ceiling, and into next year, as the president runs for re-election.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/14/us/politics/14obama.html

But go a head and pretend he hasn't or that the GOP is willing to compromise.

The only thing the man has committed to paper was his vision of a budget, which was shot down 97-0. How much would that plan slow "..the rapid growth of the national debt"?

He says what his minions want to hear,(message changes depending on which minions are in the audience), but what he does is, so far, completely different.:eusa_liar:

What is your point???

He has a wonderful mysterious plan but he won't put it on paper? Come on,that's just cowardly nonsense. And your point about 'educated folks' is an important one. Have you spoken with an average Hopey Changey follower? Pretty scary stuff. They're certainly no geniuses. It's actually very sad. What a mess we have.

Thanks. I certainly don't mean exclusively formal education, just those that bother to listen to a bit of news and read some outside the MSM, doesn't have to be 'new media' just something like financials or business sites.

I'm beating my head against a wall here. Did you take the time to read the bill?

Yes. Hence my confusion as to the characterizations I'm seeing in this thread.

The CBO has made these projections, do you disagree with the CBO? There has to be some specificity for these projections to be made. They aren't making stuff up.

The legislation says "gee, let's not spend more than X." Thus the CBO analysis comes back saying: "In total, if appropriations in the next 10 years are equal to the caps on discretionary spending and the maximum amount of funding is provided for the program integrity initiatives, CBO estimates that the legislation would reduce budget deficits by about $850 billion between 2012 and 2021 relative to CBO’s March 2011 baseline adjusted for subsequent appropriation action."

That doesn't mean anyone's laid out how those targets are actually going to be achieved. That would be interesting to know.

By your logic no legislation that has been passed in years meets your criteria of specificity, and hell I can agree to that up to a point.

Obama Care was passed a year ago and no one has laid out how any of its objective are going to be achieved.

Stimulus Act passed without anyone having laid out how its goals were going to be achieved. None of them were, but not because of lack of specificity.

It took the Supreme Court to force the specifics out of TAARP, having to fight the Fed the entire way, for good reason foreign banks received the bulk of the funds.

Again, the GOP has a plan the president does not. Putting specifics aside, will you concede this simple sentence? :eusa_pray:

Greenbeard is a paid shill. In his 'paid shill' world, Republican sponsored bills are always vague and ambiguous, never detailed or specific enough. By contrast, anything proposed by a Democrat, even a campaign speech made by Obama, is factual, accurate, superior!

Fucking shill.....

Hell let's put everything on CSPAN!!!!!!!!!!!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Api4fUziAnI&feature=fvst]‪obama C span‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

WASHINGTON — President Obama made the case Wednesday for slowing the rapid growth of the national debt while retaining core Democratic values, proposing a mix of long-term spending cuts, tax increases and changes to social welfare programs as his opening position in a fierce partisan budget battle over the nation’s fiscal challenges.

Mr. Obama said his proposal would cut federal budget deficits by a cumulative $4 trillion over 12 years, compared with a deficit reduction of $4.4 trillion over 10 years in the Republican plan. But the president said he would use starkly different means, rejecting the fundamental changes to Medicare and Medicaid proposed by Republicans and relying in part on tax increases on affluent Americans.

The president framed his proposal as a balanced alternative to the Republican plan, setting the stage for a debate that will consume Washington in coming weeks, as the administration faces off with Congress over raising the national debt ceiling, and into next year, as the president runs for re-election.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/14/us/politics/14obama.html

But go a head and pretend he hasn't or that the GOP is willing to compromise.

Well then if its on paper lets see the cbo scoring along with the details.

What you cant/ Its only lip service? Why did you post?

I believe the cbo said something to the effect of "we don't score speeches". :lol:

By your logic no legislation that has been passed in years meets your criteria of specificity, and hell I can agree to that up to a point.

All right, here's an easy task for you. The Speaker has laid out $850 billion in spending cuts in this deficit reduction legislation.

List those cuts. You can round but your list should more or less sum to $850 billion.

All right, here's an easy task for you. The Speaker has laid out $850 billion in spending cuts in this deficit reduction legislation.

List those cuts. You can round but your list should more or less sum to $850 billion.

Fine, tell us where Obama specifies cuts of $4 trillion over 10 years. The left keeps claiming that number, though none have seen anything, much less CBO scoring, much like Obamacare. "You'll see it when it's passed."

What is this Mr. President bullshit ?
The punk is YOUR employee.

His own Propaganda Minister admitted there's no real plan from this President. Caught in a truth i guess. He didn't do it intentionally though.

Forum List

Back