Mr. Black from Reservoir Dogs

emilseine45

Apr 4, 2023
Remember Mr. Pink was complaining and then one of them said "that everyone wants to be Mr.. Black. Why did he say that? Did he mean race?
You get four guys all fighting over who's gonna be Mr. Black, but they don't know each other, so nobody wants to back down. No way. I pick. You're Mr. Pink.

There wasn't a "Mr. Black" in Reservoir Dogs. Only a Mr. Brown.

Mr. Pink (Buscimi) was the one who got away with the money in the end, I think. Or might have gotten shot when he tried to escape. It doesn't make that clear at the end of the movie.

Mr. Pink was awesome. I think Steve Buscemi is an underrated actor.
He is a good actor ironically only because he doesn't act, he is himself and his own personality quirks are genuine in his roles. I can't remember a role that he played in which he was any different, unlike method actors who become completely different people and which are in a higher acting category per se. He is steady and interesting in a way you might meet a new person and say, "well, that guy is different".

Last edited:
He is a good actor iro ironically only because he doesn't act, he is himself and his own personality quirks are genuine in his roles. I can't remember a role that he played in which he was any different, unlike method actors who become completely different people and which are in a higher acting scale per se. He is steady and interesting in a way you might meet a new person and say, "well, that guy is different".
He looks real, too. He doesn't have the symmetry in his face that the Hollywood beautiful people do.

Most pop-culture fans can't name a single Founding Father but the rest of us are expected to recognize "reservoir dogs". Sometimes I'm glad I'm out of the pop loop.

“Mr. Black” sounds cool. It connotes death. It does not have anything to do with skin color.

Forum List

Back