Moving (within the USA)

I live in area where land is cheap,taxes are cheap and no one around to tell you what to do, unless you're married...
I live in area where land is cheap,taxes are cheap and no one around to tell you what to do
His parents basement...... :rofl::rofl:
My parents are dead, how about yours?
Yes they are, but I moved to my own house long ago...
Good for you....I was raised in a single parent house and moved out 40 years ago..

My dream condo in Duluth Minnesota~ ( I look at this everyday ) I love the cold

cb7c64780baedc5eecae57ee0c69b903l-m7xd-w1020_h770_q80.jpg

interesting. Thats' so far up there it is almost Canada? Cold much! #48 weather. #42 in taxes?
wonder what that water view would cost? $350K condo? $600/mo HOA? btw. that is the good thing about stand-alone houses.......in some cases.......avoid the HOA!

Why don't you get a RV and travel across the states?

My dream condo in Duluth Minnesota~ ( I look at this everyday ) I love the cold

cb7c64780baedc5eecae57ee0c69b903l-m7xd-w1020_h770_q80.jpg

interesting. Thats' so far up there it is almost Canada? Cold much! #48 weather. #42 in taxes?

Love the cold, hate the heat in California the older I get.
I was just there in the fall, the people are so nice.. I would only get a condo though , having a house would be a pain for an old lady.lol

I am getting to where I can't work in the heat anymore...So It's over, all over...My greatest attempt as a mad scientist..An open air stem bath that causes rain..

After chemo I have 0 tolerance to any heat..
We have 2 heaters and air conditions in my house because it is a long Ranch style...My husband has the heat on high, and my side is cold..lol
I hate the summer now..
Any news on the surgery yet?

I am waiting on approval by the VA..So it's probably gonna be March..I hope after I get the garden in....It will take 3 hours and months to heal...
tumblr_nitcwgTQcg1tj2lj8o1_400.gif

Duluth. Two condos on water for sale. one $530K, one $169K right next door? WTH? similar HOA, view.

Capture.JPG

I am waiting on approval by the VA..So it's probably gonna be March..I hope after I get the garden in....It will take 3 hours and months to heal...

Back surgery? Hope your OK. I could tell ya two stories......both not great.

Question:
If a nearly retired-age person (or couple) had ~$4K/mo Gross income and $100K down payment for a house, condo or townhouse where would you move to? No relatives, no friends, anywhere is open but income is "low".

Anywhere in America. Where would you go?

I will get it started with a few "low-tax" states found on internet searches. SD, WYO, NV, TX, FLA..............

What exact cities? Longboat Key, FL? just kidding Rexx, probably too expensive...Hashville TN?

Bonners Ferry Idaho. Lots of open forest to shoot, ski, hike, ride motorcycles.

BUT my wife would never go for it, she likes it hot and wants to go to Phoenix or some other desert hell hole.

So we will probably stay in Los Angeles...

Back surgery? Hope your OK. I could tell ya two stories......both not great.
This one is for compression relief, almost entire back...Had neck done in 2012....To many years of hard playing...damn I sure miss that...

Question:
If a nearly retired-age person (or couple) had ~$4K/mo Gross income and $100K down payment for a house, condo or townhouse where would you move to? No relatives, no friends, anywhere is open but income is "low".

Anywhere in America. Where would you go?

I will get it started with a few "low-tax" states found on internet searches. SD, WYO, NV, TX, FLA..............

What exact cities? Longboat Key, FL? just kidding Rexx, probably too expensive...Hashville TN?

Bonners Ferry Idaho. Lots of open forest to shoot, ski, hike, ride motorcycles.

BUT my wife would never go for it, she likes it hot and wants to go to Phoenix or some other desert hell hole.

So we will probably stay in Los Angeles...

I am sorry..

Beaufort, SC is probably your best bet. They still call subdivisions "plantations" over there.

Close to Hilton Head? Water all around. Prices from $3mil to $115K? do you have to buy a boat?

upload_2017-2-22_11-26-56.png

Many choices here seem to be heading..........."near Water". true dat?

Stay away from the big cities.

Do you mean avoid big cities all over SC? all of USA? Hows' a person get a decent bowl of Pho out in bumfork? Do you have to sit with loaded shotgun in shifts out in a cabin? Or that is only up in Raleigh?
Sorry... I was vague. Stay away from big cities where the cost of living is too high such as New York City. SC doesn't have cities that are "big" on that scale.

Lot's of inebriated college chicks in Austin to take advantage of.

I hear the music is great too. And a person maybe could find a job in Texas too. But I hear it is "the Palo Alto" of Texas. Too many free-range loons. You get AZ heat but do you get humidity?

edit: for the guy who mentioned AZ....I recently was in Chandler AZ. it was 99degF at 6AM. It was like 115F near 4PM. Inside of car parked outside ........ well it gets pretty hot. d'Jew want heat? d'Jew can get some heat.

Last edited:
Beaufort, SC is probably your best bet. They still call subdivisions "plantations" over there.

Close to Hilton Head? Water all around. Prices from $3mil to $115K? do you have to buy a boat?

View attachment 113701

Many choices here seem to be heading..........."near Water". true dat?
Granted, I am partial to the low country. But you can get a place off the water.

Forum List

Back