Moving (within the USA)

Lot's of inebriated college chicks in Austin to take advantage of.

I hear the music is great too. And a person maybe could find a job in Texas too. But I hear it is "the Palo Alto" of Texas. Too many free-range loons. You get AZ heat but do you get humidity?

edit: for the guy who mentioned AZ....I recently was in Chandler AZ. it was 99degF at 6AM. It was like 115F near 4PM. Inside of car parked outside ........ well it gets pretty hot. d'Jew want heat? d'Jew can get some heat.
Austin is a bohemian Mecca. It would be fun, I guess, if you were young. Also, you cannot be there unless you like to smell hickory and mesquite smoke 24/7. The barbecues are ALWAYS going.

Its' fun to dream. To look ahead. Keep the dream alive. Can't do BO bad, Trump good 24-7?

the RV idea has been kicked around too. I could probably do it, "alone". Do you have to carry a loaded weapon with you? What laws about that state to state? must be a complete mess?

Full-time RV'ers seem to start out with "perm address" in SD (taxes). Go south in winter, north in Summer. I don't know? To drive 500 mi per day in a car is a killer. 250mi per day in RV?

What do you do? Drive from campground to campground? Pay $50/night to get free electric, space, water, cable, internet? That is $1500/mo? Add in 10 mi/gal MPG? Insurance? Compost toilet. you get it all. cooking smells?

Last edited:
Lot's of inebriated college chicks in Austin to take advantage of.

I hear the music is great too. And a person maybe could find a job in Texas too. But I hear it is "the Palo Alto" of Texas. Too many free-range loons. You get AZ heat but do you get humidity?

edit: for the guy who mentioned AZ....I recently was in Chandler AZ. it was 99degF at 6AM. It was like 115F near 4PM. Inside of car parked outside ........ well it gets pretty hot. d'Jew want heat? d'Jew can get some heat.

Well I had read an article that Austin was one of the top 10 cities to move to in the U.S based on a variety of factors including cost of housing, employment opportunities, ease of public transportation, the arts, weather, restaurants, etc.

Well, can I get any FL up in here? WTH? no FL? hello? the beach?

so far we got NorthernQueerDelane, LakeICEYDuluth and BuFort SC with a little bit Austin and SW MO sprinkled in. WTH? I was hoping more specifics and why. No Arizona? No Cali....(well OK, LOL!)

Forget the RV.......make that another thread. I don't think I can handle all that thinking.

so far we got NorthernQueerDelane, LakeICEYDuluth and BuFort SC with a little bit Austin and SW MO sprinkled in. WTH? I was hoping more specifics and why. No Arizona? No Cali....(well OK, LOL!)

Forget the RV.......make that another thread. I don't think I can handle all that thinking.

Well honestly your best area of Florida if you want it to be somewhwat Conservative, not too expensive... and still have the beach, go with the Tampa/St. Petersburg/Clearwater/Bradenton area.

Well honestly your best area of Florida if you want it to be somewhwat Conservative, not too expensive... and still have the beach, go with the Tampa/St. Petersburg/Clearwater/Bradenton area.

A Lot of houses for sale in that area. A Lot of new construction too. Crime rate listed high in TX, FL, MO? Is that just because of big city issues?

upload_2017-2-22_13-9-36.png

Question:
If a nearly retired-age person (or couple) had ~$4K/mo Gross income and $100K down payment for a house, condo or townhouse where would you move to? No relatives, no friends, anywhere is open but income is "low".

Anywhere in America. Where would you go?

I will get it started with a few "low-tax" states found on internet searches. SD, WYO, NV, TX, FLA..............

What exact cities? Longboat Key, FL? just kidding Rexx, probably too expensive...Hashville TN?

Bonners Ferry Idaho. Lots of open forest to shoot, ski, hike, ride motorcycles.

BUT my wife would never go for it, she likes it hot and wants to go to Phoenix or some other desert hell hole.

So we will probably stay in Los Angeles...

So California is not bad after all. There are still affordable nice places outside Los Angeles.

[

So California is not bad after all. There are still affordable nice places outside Los Angeles.

I want out of the state. The political climate is repressive. The infringement of civil rights is part of daily life. We are far closer to the Soviet Union under Stalin than we are to the America I grew up in.

But I own a home and the weather is good.

Question:
If a nearly retired-age person (or couple) had ~$4K/mo Gross income and $100K down payment for a house, condo or townhouse where would you move to? No relatives, no friends, anywhere is open but income is "low".

I will get it started with a few "low-tax" states found on internet searches. SD, WYO, NV, TX, FLA..............

What exact cities? Longboat Key, FL? just kidding Rexx, probably too expensive...Hashville TN?

That depends on your lifestyle and what you can afford.
If you like golfing, fishing, skiing, surfing,camping, boating, beaches, scuba, rock climbing, gambling, wineries, museums, amusement parks, big sur, Yosemite etc etc. I recommend California but stay away from the cities. There are lots of good places where you can live comfortably with your $4k without seeing too many illegals.
Texas, Nevada or Arizona is also a good place but you just have to deal with the heat and less activities.
Or if you are alone you can go over seas like Philippines. Your $4k is more than enough to have a very good place to rent and one pretty girl friend that cares all your needs without touching your savings. Now two girlfriends will be a different story.
My exCFO a widow moved there 5 years ago about 30 miles north of Manila and he loved it. His neighbors are mostly retired Americans with lots of US veterans near the beach. I was on a business trip Feb. last year. We spent the whole day in the city and after 5 years he looks a lot younger. He said it's about the women and oysters.

IMG_0907.JPG

South Dakota doesn't have decent weather..

I had been reading about this "banana belt" region of SD. I suppose that info help start this thread.

Rapid City weather is due to its location - at the base of the Black Hills. The mountains provide a natural barrier from blizzard-like weather in the winter and scorching heat in the summer. The mountains also create an air inversion over the area that traps warm air. The city's geographic location coupled with the warm "chinook" winds creates a year round climate that pleasantly contradicts what other area of the region experience.

All four seasons exceed expectations.

Summers are extremely pleasant, with average temperatures in the 80s and a consistently low humidity that averages 68.5 percent thanks to the chinook winds. There are only 30 days during the summer when the temperature rises above 90 degrees. Nights are cool enough that a jacket is occasionally needed.

Spring and Fall are the transitional seasons. Springs begin in early April with wet snows and day time temperatures in the 40s and end in late May as temperatures climb into the 70s and 80s. In Fall the air turns cool and crisp because of the low humidity. Day time temperatures begin dropping into the 60s and 70s, with night time temperatures in the 40s.

Winter is the season most people would expect to be brutal - and it is anything but brutal. While it is not unusual to have an occasional period where temperatures drop to as low as 10.7 degrees in January, those extremes are the exception. Daytime temperatures are generally in the 30 degree range.

Snowfall is also less than other areas of the region. The average annual snowfall is 39.8" and averages less than eight inches per month. This weather makes for excellent skiing and some of the best ski resorts in the United States are located in the area.

Rapid City's climate is a pleasant surprise, making it a great year round vacation spot and a place to live.

Try Colorado Springs --- I played golf two days this week.

[

I want out of the state. The political climate is repressive. The infringement of civil rights is part of daily life. We are far closer to the Soviet Union under Stalin than we are to the America I grew up in.

But I own a home and the weather is good.

Understand but I tried not to bother me because there's not that much I can do about it. So I just enjoy life and have a good time with my families.

I can tell you where not to move and that's Long Iland.

We're full and don't need anymore help.

A person could end up with $2K SS (him and her)? Or even a him alone?
Maybe small 401K pull out $2K/mo for 10 years or so? $4K per month gross could be typical? If no market crash? not sound like enough for Long Island NY?
Two of my favorite TV shows, King of Queens and Everybody Loves Raymond!

ahhh.......made it back in time for EDIT window! NY is rated #50 or dead last overall. LOL!
50 New York 48 17 40 31 50 25

Read more: Where Are The Best And Worst States To Retire? | Bankrate.com
Follow us: @Bankrate on Twitter | Bankrate on Facebook

upload_2017-2-22_15-10-42.png

Last edited:
I don't know much about the topic ....but ...If i were you

First requirement for moving withing the USA should be based on politics

A democrat-left State would be a NO NO

For example, based on that, Cali and some parts of the East coast would be out (apart of all the other communists crazy States)

That's it.:)

Or just move to Ecuador and live like a king in a beach front condo for near nothing the rest of your life in weather that is constantly around 80 degrees... with fresh seafood and lots of beautiful wildlife.

A person could end up with $2K SS (him and her)? Or even a him alone?
Maybe small 401K pull out $2K/mo for 10 years or so? $4K per month gross could be typical? If no market crash? not sound like enough for Long Island NY?

View attachment 113754

You need a minimum of $100K a year to live a proper Long Island lifestyle.

Question:

Eastern Oregon.

Forum List

Back