Movie stars and plastic surgery

I find it very sad that so many people cannot accept the natural aging process...and are willing to spend gobs of money and to mutilate themselves in a desperate, yet futile, attempt to stay forever young. Plastic surgery destroys nerve endings. And overuse turns one's face into a mask (confer Cher).

Kudos to Helen Mirren for aging with grace. Meryl Streep is another one...good for her!

I accept the natural aging process. All of my Sugar Babies are 21-25. A great age!

...or Tori Spelling

tori-spelling-cosmetic-surgery.jpg

What I don't get is why is she "displaying" those...things.

Why ask why?

Why not? This is a forum where people discuss things and someone posted that series of pictures as an example of bad plastic surgery...and the question came to mind...why would she display them? So I asked it.

Any theories? Does she think they look good? Is she delusional? Or maybe she just doesn't give a damn. Then why do it in the first place?

I'm a 60-year-old woman and mine look better than that. :) And they're au naturel.

Last edited:
What I don't get is why is she "displaying" those...things.

Why ask why?

Why not? This is a forum where people discuss things and someone posted that series of pictures as an example of bad plastic surgery...and the question came to mind...why would she display them? So I asked it.

I dunno. Seems like a contrived question to me. I don't see why she wouldn't display them. I don't think people spend that much money on new assets just to keep them covered most of the time.

Any theories? Does she think they look good? Is she delusional? Or maybe she just doesn't give a damn. Then why do it in the first place?

I've seen much better. I've also seen alot worse. I think mine are better, on the other hand.

I'm a 60-year-old woman and mine look better than that. :) And they're au naturel.

Congrats. Although we can't all be as lucky. Some of us need that extra oomph.

...or Tori Spelling

No amount of make up or nice clothes could ever make that woman attractive. I'm sorry, but some people are just not attractive at all, and she's one of them - her breast implants are as bad as the ones Tara Reid got.

A couple of "points" about those weird boobs ...

One is, even big money can't guarantee you'll get good results.
Two, she should be wearing turtlenecks.

I was surprised to read, last year, that Elizabeth Taylor had her nose snipped when she was 14.

I read she shaved her face every day because she didn't like the way her facial hair photographed.

...or Tori Spelling

No amount of make up or nice clothes could ever make that woman attractive. I'm sorry, but some people are just not attractive at all, and she's one of them - her breast implants are as bad as the ones Tara Reid got.

A couple of "points" about those weird boobs ...

One is, even big money can't guarantee you'll get good results.
Two, she should be wearing turtlenecks.

She should wear the shell and make the turtle show some cleavage.

They make their living based on their looks.

Who can blame them for trying to protect their best asset?

I think it doesn't work that well, but at least I understand their motive.

I understand their motive, but it is a mostly Hollywood thing. If you look at most actors and actresses in the UK, for example, they don't do it, or at least not, so far, to the extent they do in Hollywood. These Hollywood people really look like freaks, and that is just in photos. When you see them in person, it's even worse. An actor or actress should be concerned with how well they can act, not how they look. Those who are the best actors are the ones who keep working. Look at Betty White. I doubt she has ever had plastic surgery. She relies on her talent and ability to get work, not on her looks.

But, anyway, my point, which you seemed have missed because of a knee jerk reaction to the OP, is that these folks present a negative picture of plastic surgery: that is, it does not encourage one to get it based on most of the results you see in these Hollywood actors, who can affort the best plastic surgeons there are. That was the point of the OP, not to put the actors down. You missed the point of the OP.

I think British celebrities should start having some work done. Have you seen Paul McCartney lately?

tn-500_lansburywm126517512.jpg

OK fixed it. Noomi probably won't get it, but any late night TV fan in the US should.

Last edited:
Paul needs to leave his face alone. Actually, they all need to stop screwing with their faces. It looks ugly.

Women's boobs can look great into their 70's as long as they have not breast fed, lost a lot of weight and have good genes. My grandmother has great boobs and she's OLD.

Forum List

Back