Movements to organize CVS and Walgreens could mark a real comeback for Unions.

justoffal

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2013
Unions are flexing their muscle lately and winning. It's almost always the same story.
Pay, working conditions and employee treatment. So the pendulum swings and the cycle continues. Considering the size and distribution of both pharmacy giants this union gain could be a major turning point for labor.

Jo

Unions are flexing their muscle lately and winning. It's almost always the same story.
Pay, working conditions and employee treatment. So the pendulum swings and the cycle continues. Considering the size and distribution of both pharmacy giants this union gain could be a major turning point for labor.

Jo
if they do, they lose me as a customer.

I like the concept of unions and worker unity. However in my experience they rarely deliver . They tend to protect the worst employees, hold back those who are decent, and are not much more than a fundraising segment of the DNC. The union I used to belong to lost three days at Thanksgiving to gain Juneteenth, that’s bad for the worker no matter how you cut it. I hope those employees think long and hard about their future and aren’t swindled by over promising and under delivering. The day I left the steelworkers union was one of the best days in my life even if I had to jump through a thousand hoops to do so.

I like the concept of unions and worker unity. However in my experience they rarely deliver . They tend to protect the worst employees, hold back those who are decent, and are not much more than a fundraising segment of the DNC. The union I used to belong to lost three days at Thanksgiving to gain Juneteenth, that’s bad for the worker no matter how you cut it. I hope those employees think long and hard about their future and aren’t swindled by over promising and under delivering. The day I left the steelworkers union was one of the best days in my life even if I had to jump through a thousand hoops to do so.
Well said sir!

We never go to walgreens and seldom go to CVS. Our local CVS pharmacies have some weird ass system of floating pharmacists so you never know when that part will be open or closed depending on when they have a pharmacist and you will almost never get your full prescription all at once. Last time I used them it took me 4 trips to get one course of antibiotics filled, including one where there automated system called me and when I got there nada.

Jo
Democrats are so stupid. They inact policies which lead to inflation then organize unions to get higher pay, which causes more inflation, which causes more democratic policies to increase wages, which causes more inflation, well, you get the point. The further they fall behind the more they keep on throwing more gas on the fire.

Forum List

Back