Mother Mary is here to stay

Mother Mary is more real to me that her Son.

That's just how it goes for some folks.

Jesus never said a damn word to me, but his Mom made her self known to me.

And I appreciate that. And for that, I venerate Her.
This is the only reason to do so. Otherwise, the cult of Mary is a diversion from the highest sense of Jesus' meaning.
The only reason to believe in a religion is through personal revelation. All else is just hearsay and, usually, a relatively involuntary choice (even if that sounds like an oxymoron).

This is the only reason to do so. Otherwise, the cult of Mary is a diversion from the highest sense of Jesus' meaning.
The only reason to believe in a religion is through personal revelation. All else is just hearsay and, usually, a relatively involuntary choice (even if that sounds like an oxymoron).
Incorrect.

Incorrect.
Useless.

Incorrect.
Useless.
Incorrect. There are many ways to come to know God. It does not always start out through personal revelation.

There are many ways to 'hear' about 'God'. There is only one way to know.

That is true. But it is also true that there are many ways to come to know God.

I happen to believe that anyone of any faith who actively seeks a relationship with God will come to know God.

I happen to believe that anyone of any faith who actively seeks a relationship with God will come to know God.
Then how come I don't know god? I'm actively seeking (despite the stupid comment you're about to make :biggrin:)

Then how come I don't know god? I'm actively seeking (despite the stupid comment you're about to make :biggrin:)
Because you're looking for your concept of god, a concept that is so totally corrupted by our 'modern' environment that it cannot even be useful.
However mankind has imagined 'God', 'God', by simple definition of the fullest sense of that noun, could not be that. To be 'God' is to be undefinable, immense beyond measure in every conceivable sense of that word, in every direction and dimension. Otherwise, 'God' is nothing.
It is like the cliché Buddhist term; those who know, don't speak. Those who speak, don't know.
People ask if I believe in god, an easy question to throw out. Say yes, and you are dammed, and equally so with a "no". Notice the spelling there. "Dammed" is blocked, like a dam.
I could not, and would not for their own good, try to speak to others about what my vision of things is. There is, to me, something about the universe that makes me realize how people could believe in "God". That may not explain much, but it is about as close as I dare come.
P.S. Do not take this as saying 'God' does or does not exist. Only you can say.

Last edited:

No. You're not. You are actively seeking to please yourself.

Let it be

Let it be
That's good advice as well as a great song.

God knows what's in my heart, you don't.

God knows what's in my heart, you don't.
Right. Only what you show me.

There are so many appearances she has made to different nationalities

1_123125_123073_2093532_2109075_041123_vmarygrilledcheese.jpg.CROP.original-original.jpg

Because you're looking for your concept of god
But posters who "saw Mary" had no concept of Mary? I suppose it was just coincidence that their vision of Mary ( and their understanding of god) happened to match right up with everything they were fed since childhood.

Come on. You are passing off a snake oil pitch.

But posters who "saw Mary" had no concept of Mary? I suppose it was just coincidence that their vision of Mary ( and their understanding of god) happened to match right up with everything they were fed since childhood.

Because you can’t believe it is possible for something to exist beyond the material?

Come on, you didn't understand that is exactly what the quoted post was saying?

Come on, you didn't understand that is exactly what the quoted post was saying?
I understood your post. And I understand that it is charlatan doublespeak.

Forum List

Back