Mother Mary is here to stay

However, sometimes there are insignificant issues that have little to do with the fundamentals of CHRISTianity!
And more often, you can't get two Christian's to agree on much at all. And, being that thisagical nonsense leaves no way of testing who is correct, there is no way to tell who is correct.

That is simply not true.

All of the stories in the OT and NT are stories about things that happened on earth. Knowing that what we know to be true about the earth, science, literary techniques, the age of the earth, evolution, etc., are constraints as to what can or cannot possibly be a true interpretation.

You should be happy to know that any interpretation that contradicts reality, requires a suspension of disbelief, or an acceptance of magical bullshit can be dismissed out of hand.

Any interpretation that remains that conforms to reality and can be confirmed by reality must be the truth.
of course it's true. We can see it right here in this thread, and in every single other thread about Christianity. What you are saying is completely nuts.

Well to be more clear, you are right about people who argue about the supernatural or any other irrational explanation for the stories are impossible to prove right.

but where you are wrong is that they cannot be proven false.

But that does not mean there is no truth to be drawn from the very same stories.
It's been said over and over that GOD is unfalsifiable.

However, sometimes there are insignificant issues that have little to do with the fundamentals of CHRISTianity!
And more often, you can't get two Christian's to agree on much at all. And, being that thisagical nonsense leaves no way of testing who is correct, there is no way to tell who is correct.

That is simply not true.

All of the stories in the OT and NT are stories about things that happened on earth. Knowing that what we know to be true about the earth, science, literary techniques, the age of the earth, evolution, etc., are constraints as to what can or cannot possibly be a true interpretation.

You should be happy to know that any interpretation that contradicts reality, requires a suspension of disbelief, or an acceptance of magical bullshit can be dismissed out of hand.

Any interpretation that remains that conforms to reality and can be confirmed by reality must be the truth.
You don't know how old the earth is. GOD created a finished and complete planet. GOD is the CREATOR. I have never met an artist that doesn't paint a grown tree as anything but a fully grown tree. The rock and soil and sand cannot be proven to have to been formed over time. The age of the earth is based on the assumption that the radiation in the materials corresponded to actual time. That is only the assumption of someone who cannot fathom the reality of a Supreme Creator.

I live in reality. How is it not possible for me to fathom it.

I didn't make the law of gravity but I accept it.

What cannot be fathomed is how your delusions and beliefs which are contradicted by reality every day and night of your life could possibly be the truth..... because it isn't..

Its a simple as that.. It doesn't take a special faith to accept what is patently false.

That would be the absence of faith

That is simply not true.

of course it's true. We can see it right here in this thread, and in every single other thread about Christianity. What you are saying is completely nuts.

Well to be more clear, you are right about people who argue about the supernatural or any other irrational explanation for the stories are impossible to prove right.

but where you are wrong is that they cannot be proven false.

But that does not mean there is no truth to be drawn from the very same stories.
It's been said over and over that GOD is unfalsifiable.

Tell that to the Pharaoh.

but where you are wrong is that they cannot be proven false

Nope, I'm spot on. No magical claim can be proven false or true. Thus is the nature of magic. Magocal thinkers abandon thenprivilege of using reason and evidence when discussing their magical ideas, the moment they hitch their wagons to magic. And the sooner that peddlers of magic realize this, the sooner the world will be more peaceful.

but where you are wrong is that they cannot be proven false

Nope, I'm spot on. No magical claim can be proven false or true. Thus is the nature of magic. Magocal thinkers abandon thenprivilege of using reason and evidence when discussing their magical ideas, the moment they hitch their wagons to magic. And the sooner that peddlers of magic realize this, the sooner the world will be more peaceful.

I think you are conflating two separate issues.

People who argue for the existence of magic without using reason or facts as a basis, and those who use reason and facts to refute magical beliefs.

If you believe in the facts brought to light by scientific research, facts that are independently verifiable, then don't those established facts preclude the possibility that claims of a supernatural explanation are true effectively proving them false?

and those who use reason and facts to refute magical beliefs.
Sorry, but that's not possible.. Show a young earther that all the evidence shows the earth is 4.5 billion years old, and they can just say that magic makes it seem that way.

Sorry, but that's not possible.. Show a young earther that all the evidence shows the earth is 4.5 billion years old, and they can just say that magic makes it seem that way.

If thats their position they should be banned from any public office high or low that requires the public trust, owning guns, operating heavy machinery, and working with children as a consequence of their openly displayed and independently verifiable mental illness.

Or do you think the insane have just as much right to determine national policy, make laws, and start wars as do the sound of mind?

Last edited:

If thats their position they should be banned from any public office high or low that requires the public trust, operating heavy machinery and working with children as a consequence of their openly displayed and independently verifiable mental illness.

Or do you think the insane have just as much right to determine national policy, make laws, and start wars as do the sound of mind?
Good luck with that. Our government is full of such people, and they make the laws

If thats their position they should be banned from any public office high or low that requires the public trust, operating heavy machinery and working with children as a consequence of their openly displayed and independently verifiable mental illness.

Good luck with that. Our government is full of such people, and they make the laws

Yeah,. I know... Things are worse than they seem.

I thinks its worth giving it a try, that is, if there are any sane people left out there.

I thinks its worth giving it a try, that is, if there are any sane people left out there.
It's completely.taboo. Can you imagine?

"Mr. Been Carson...how can you be a surgeon, and yet reject the entire basis of biology and medicine?"

Press pass....revoked.

It's completely.taboo. Can you imagine?

"Mr. Been Carson...how can you be a surgeon, and yet reject the entire basis of biology and medicine?"

Press pass....revoked.

Exactly. It could be as simple as that. It really is a matter of national and world security. These people present a clear and present danger to themselves and others.

People of sound mind need to have faith in what they know to be true, what can be proven to be true.

Religious fanatics have been screwing up society for long enough.

They need to be put in their place, accursed above cattle and all the wild beasts of the field, just the talking serpent, a religious deceiver, was condemned in the fairy tale to the lowest place in the kingdom of God...

Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven and all that.....

Pay them back in their own coin...

Last edited:

That is simply not true.

You don't know how old the earth is. GOD created a finished and complete planet. GOD is the CREATOR. I have never met an artist that doesn't paint a grown tree as anything but a fully grown tree. The rock and soil and sand cannot be proven to have to been formed over time. The age of the earth is based on the assumption that the radiation in the materials corresponded to actual time. That is only the assumption of someone who cannot fathom the reality of a Supreme Creator.

What cannot be fathomed is how your delusions and beliefs which are contradicted by reality every day and night of your life could possibly be the truth..... because it isn't..

Its a simple as that.. It doesn't take a special faith to accept what is patently false.

So tell me how exactly does the wind look? Miracles happen daily. The fact that they occur at all is proof that GOD is real. But the reality is that nothing is arbitrary. Everything has a reason and direction. Goodness is its own reward and evil is insulted and malcontent.

That is simply not true.

So tell me how exactly does the wind look? Miracles happen daily. The fact that they occur at all is proof that GOD is real. But the reality is that nothing is arbitrary. Everything has a reason and direction. Goodness is its own reward and evil is insulted and malcontent.

Every single miracle of Jesus from opening the eyes of the blind to raising the dead has a simple explanation that conforms to reality and has nothing to do with the supernatural.

To profess to believe that the subject of miracles is a demonstration of divine supernatural power over reality is to profess to believe in lies.

To believe in lies that fundamentally distort your perception of reality cripples the mind and its ability to distinguish between good and evil and function effectively in reality.

^^^^^^^^

"They pay no heed to the real hidden meaning of things, but divert themselves instead with all kinds of iniquitous arcane lore. They do not know the hidden meaning of what is actually taking place, nor have they ever understood the lessons of the past. Consequently, they have no knowledge of what is coming upon them and have done nothing to save their souls from the deeper implications of present events."

Last edited:

I think there is some truth to your statement. It's also true that some non-religious people, in fact, atheists such as Mao, Stalin, Pol Pot, the North Korean trifecta, Castro, etc. were also pretty bad for society considering they murdered tens of millions during the 20th century. Would you agree with that statement?

I think there is some truth to your statement. It's also true that some non-religious people, in fact, atheists such as Mao, Stalin, Pol Pot, the North Korean trifecta, Castro, etc. were also pretty bad for society considering they murdered tens of millions during the 20th century. Would you agree with that statement?

Sure, atheist antidemocratic ideologies have done and continue to do much evil in the world which begs the question why so many 'religious people' are backing a president who has OBVIOUSLY sold out to the enemy.

I can't think of any reason that they would do that unless they too have sold out to the enemy for something as stupid as their irrational hatred for progress and rabid desire to criminalize abortion, of course, because they hate evil and love Jesus so much.....

fucking hypocrites.

Last edited:

Sure, atheist antidemocratic ideologies have done and continue to do much evil in the world which begs the question why so many 'religious people' are backing a president who has OBVIOUSLY sold out to the enemy.

I can't think of any reason that they would do that unless they too have sold out to the enemy for something as stupid as their irrational hatred for progress and rabid desire to criminalize abortion, because they love Jesus so much.....

Well that was an interesting segue.

I can't think of any reason that they would do that unless they too have sold out to the enemy for something as stupid as their irrational hatred for progress and rabid desire to criminalize abortion, because they love Jesus so much.....

Well that was an interesting segue.

Interesting? lol, sure....

one question for all of you blind hypocrites who have devoted yourselves to lying in the name of the Lord.

How do ya'll expect to escape the condemnation of hell?

Interesting? lol, sure....

one question for all of you blind hypocrites who have devoted yourselves to lying in the name of the Lord.

How do ya'll expect to escape the condemnation of hell?

Why are you calling me a "blind hypocrite"?

That is simply not true.

Every single miracle of Jesus from opening the eyes of the blind to raising the dead has a simple explanation that conforms to reality and has nothing to do with the supernatural.

To profess to believe that the subject of miracles is a demonstration of divine supernatural power over reality is to profess to believe in lies.

To believe in lies that fundamentally distort your perception of reality cripples the mind and its ability to distinguish between good and evil and function effectively in reality.

^^^^^^^^

"They pay no heed to the real hidden meaning of things, but divert themselves instead with all kinds of iniquitous arcane lore. They do not know the hidden meaning of what is actually taking place, nor have they ever understood the lessons of the past. Consequently, they have no knowledge of what is coming upon them and have done nothing to save their souls from the deeper implications of present events."

Very simple explanation ---- because Jesus [ THE MESSIAH ] is GOD. Only GOD could and did create the entire Universe and EVERYTHING in it for OUR benefit --- and not as an obstruction to HIMSELF. To believe in anything different is to pander to a lie in an attempt to eliminate GOD to hide. When some scientist says between 200 and 400 million years ago such and such happened ---- he's revealing that he doesn't know with any certainty. How many billions of years old is the Universe? They cannot give a specific answer because they have no specific answers. They have educated assumptions based on their best observations.

Forum List

Back