Mother kills full term baby and won't be charged.

We will most likely never learn all the facts because she isn't being charged. And I highly doubt the govt would be involved if this was an accudebtal death. We pass judgment based on what we read and it says the mother suffocated the baby. This is an opinion board. That's what we do. Sheez,

Yes, the article did say suffocated but that can happen accidentally. Although, I don't know if suffocation is possible where an airway already is blocked.

Secondly, we've learned, or should have, never to trust the media, especially early reports.

I don't know what you were listening too but she "suffocated the baby under bed linens." Not charged with killing the baby because it was still attacked to umbilical cord and the placenta. Nothing sounded accidental to me. but you go right ahead, doesn't matter anyway, she won't be charged. she did murder and walks away. we shall call her OJ.

There's another thread on this subject as well.

It's an archaic law from way back when that is still on the books. As I understand it, the law was intended to protect women who used to be charged with murder if they delivered a stillborn child - something that it not a woman's fault. It probably dates back to the 1700s and should have come off the books years ago. There are archaic laws still on the books all over the country. They just sort of get "lost in the shuffle" of time and dis-use.

I'm not defending the woman - if she did in fact suffocate her child, she should face charges but that is not likely to happen unless a newer law can be found.

Investigators tell WSLS the baby’s airway was still blocked. They say the baby was under bedding and had been suffocated by her mother. Investigators say because the mother and baby were still connected by the umbilical cord and placenta, state law does not consider the baby to be a separate life. Therefore, the mother cannot be charged.

Maybe I'm missing something here but this doesn't say the mother deliberately killed the baby. The facts presented above suggest she did nothing after the baby was born.
I get the impression that you're slow.

We will most likely never learn all the facts because she isn't being charged. And I highly doubt the govt would be involved if this was an accudebtal death. We pass judgment based on what we read and it says the mother suffocated the baby. This is an opinion board. That's what we do. Sheez,

Yes, the article did say suffocated but that can happen accidentally. Although, I don't know if suffocation is possible where an airway already is blocked.

Secondly, we've learned, or should have, never to trust the media, especially early reports.
It didn't say the child's airway was blocked and the child suffocated. It clearly says it was suffocated by the mother,

☭proletarian☭;1823591 said:
Investigators tell WSLS the baby’s airway was still blocked. They say the baby was under bedding and had been suffocated by her mother. Investigators say because the mother and baby were still connected by the umbilical cord and placenta, state law does not consider the baby to be a separate life. Therefore, the mother cannot be charged.

Maybe I'm missing something here but this doesn't say the mother deliberately killed the baby. The facts presented above suggest she did nothing after the baby was born.

You're wrong and, based on your misinterpretation of the article, you don't read well.

The mother could have suffocated the baby either deliberately or accidentally.

☭proletarian☭;1823593 said:

It didn't say the child's airway was blocked and the child suffocated. It clearly says it was suffocated by the mother,

Now I'm sure you don't read well.

From the article:

Investigators tell WSLS the baby’s airway was still blocked. They say the baby was under bedding and had been suffocated by her mother.

There's nothing about the cause of the suffocation. They don't say how the mother could have suffocated a baby whose airways already were blocked and the don't say the suffocation was deliberate or if they even had any evidence to indicate it was deliberate. A baby under the bed linen could have been suffocated accidentally by an inexperienced, confused or frightened woman who didn't know how to care for a newborn.

Last edited:

You're wrong and, based on your misinterpretation of the article, you don't read well.

To accidentally suffocate someone (notice it's still a transitive verb and the implication is that one part caused another to suffocate) is to take an action- do something. Else you couldn't have caused the suffocation.

I also get the impression that you're illiterate.

Last edited by a moderator:

From the article:

Investigators tell WSLS the baby’s airway was still blocked.
Perhaps you can ask an adult to read these articles to you.

And when I shove a woman's panties halfway down her trachea, her airway is also 'still blocked once she's dead. Now try posting the sentence in fool, along with the one following it.

Now it just appears you're a liar.

Last edited by a moderator:
☭proletarian☭;1823627 said:

To accidentally suffocate someone (notice it's still a transitive verb and the implication is that one part caused another to suffocate) is to take an actrion- do something. Else you couldn't have caused the suffocation.

Do you understand the difference between doing something deliberately and doing it accidentally?

For instance, you're acting like a buffoon. You could be doing it accidentally because you just don't know any better or you could be doing it deliberately for some unknown reason.

Which is it?

Last edited:
☭proletarian☭;1823636 said:

From the article:

Investigators tell WSLS the baby’s airway was still blocked.
Perhaps you can ask an adult to read these articles to you.

And when I shove a woman's panties halfway down her esophagus, her airway is also 'still blocked once she's dead. Now try posting the sentence in fool, along with the one following it.

Now it just appears you're a liar.

Are you saying the woman shoved her panties down the baby's throat?

☭proletarian☭;1823627 said:

To accidentally suffocate someone (notice it's still a transitive verb and the implication is that one part caused another to suffocate) is to take an actrion- do something. Else you couldn't have caused the suffocation.

Do you understand the difference between doing something deliberately and doing it accidentally?

Do you grasp that to act either intentionally or moronically is still to act?

Are you recanting your assertion that she did nothing at all?

☭proletarian☭;1823658 said:

Show me where I said that first.

The facts presented above suggest she did nothing after the baby was born. .

:eusa_hand:

Can't remember your own story?

☭proletarian☭;1823703 said:
☭proletarian☭;1823658 said:

Show me where I said that first.

The facts presented above suggest she did nothing after the baby was born. .

:eusa_hand:

Can't remember your own story?

Nope. Your reading comprehension is so poor I wanted to see what you were misconstruing before I responded.

Good thing, too. In context, my comment suggests she did nothing normally done just after birth. Typically, as I posted, the baby's airways would be cleared and something would be done to expel the placenta if it didn't emerge naturally. Apparently, she didn't do either of those things.

Now, what's your point?

The woman in question, is one demented person, in my opinion.

"A loophole in state law is preventing Campbell County investigators from charging a woman they say killed her newborn baby.

Deputies were called to a home in the 1200 block of Lone Jack Road in Rustburg around 11:00a.m. Friday. The caller said a woman in her early 20s was in labor. When deputies arrived, they discovered the baby had actually been born around 1:00a.m., about ten hours earlier. Investigators say the baby was already dead when deputies got there.

“In the state of Virginia as long as the umbilical cord is attached and the placenta is still in the mother, if the baby comes out alive the mother can do whatever she wants to with that baby to kill it.“, says Investigator Tracy Emerson. “She could shoot the baby, stab the baby. As long as it’s still attached to her in some form by umbilical cord or something it’s no crime in the state of Virginia.“

Mother won't be charged with baby's death because of law loophole | WSLS 10

I don't know why the outrage and even from the liberal left on this board. Abortions kill babies, that's a known fact. What's the difference, because this one was born??-- and the others didn't have an opportunity to be born?????

"A loophole in state law is preventing Campbell County investigators from charging a woman they say killed her newborn baby.

Deputies were called to a home in the 1200 block of Lone Jack Road in Rustburg around 11:00a.m. Friday. The caller said a woman in her early 20s was in labor. When deputies arrived, they discovered the baby had actually been born around 1:00a.m., about ten hours earlier. Investigators say the baby was already dead when deputies got there.

“In the state of Virginia as long as the umbilical cord is attached and the placenta is still in the mother, if the baby comes out alive the mother can do whatever she wants to with that baby to kill it.“, says Investigator Tracy Emerson. “She could shoot the baby, stab the baby. As long as it’s still attached to her in some form by umbilical cord or something it’s no crime in the state of Virginia.“

I don't know why the outrage and even from the liberal left on this board. Abortions kill babies, that's a known fact. What's the difference, because this one was born??-- and the others didn't have an opportunity to be born?????

You know Maple, stupid, idiot comments like that is what makes everyone realize what a stupid partisan crank you are.

HOW DARE YOU use this woman murdering her baby to promote your nutter agenda.

You should be ashamed of yourself, again.

You know Maple, stupid, idiot comments like that is what makes everyone realize what a stupid partisan crank you are.

You know Echo, until the SCOTUS put an end to partial birth abortions they were done more frequently than liberals like to admit, and this was nothing more than a late term abortion, nothing partial about it, full term infant aborted at the last second.. it is horrendous.

Have you bothered reading any of the arguments presented in the abortion debate?

I am outraged by this but at the same time isn't it a little hypocritical of you libs to be so outraged by this murder when you are in full support of murdering by abortion techniques. Answer that will ya????

Forum List

Back