Mother kills full term baby and won't be charged.

BasicGreatGuy

Aut libertas aut mors
Aug 2, 2009
Atlanta
The woman in question, is one demented person, in my opinion.

"A loophole in state law is preventing Campbell County investigators from charging a woman they say killed her newborn baby.

Deputies were called to a home in the 1200 block of Lone Jack Road in Rustburg around 11:00a.m. Friday. The caller said a woman in her early 20s was in labor. When deputies arrived, they discovered the baby had actually been born around 1:00a.m., about ten hours earlier. Investigators say the baby was already dead when deputies got there.

Investigators tell WSLS the baby’s airway was still blocked. They say the baby was under bedding and had been suffocated by her mother. Investigators say because the mother and baby were still connected by the umbilical cord and placenta, state law does not consider the baby to be a separate life. Therefore, the mother cannot be charged.

“In the state of Virginia as long as the umbilical cord is attached and the placenta is still in the mother, if the baby comes out alive the mother can do whatever she wants to with that baby to kill it.“, says Investigator Tracy Emerson. “She could shoot the baby, stab the baby. As long as it’s still attached to her in some form by umbilical cord or something it’s no crime in the state of Virginia.“

Mother won&#39t be charged with baby&#39s death because of law loophole | WSLS 10

“In the state of Virginia as long as the umbilical cord is attached and the placenta is still in the mother, if the baby comes out alive the mother can do whatever she wants to with that baby to kill it.“, says Investigator Tracy Emerson. “She could shoot the baby, stab the baby. As long as it’s still attached to her in some form by umbilical cord or something it’s no crime in the state of Virginia.“

WTF? Seriously?

WTF? Seriously?

18.2-32.2. Killing a fetus; penalty.
A. Any person who unlawfully, willfully, deliberately, maliciously and with premeditation kills the fetus of another is guilty of a Class 2 felony.
B. Any person who unlawfully, willfully, deliberately and maliciously kills the fetus of another is guilty of a felony punishable by confinement in a state correctional facility for not less than five nor more than 40 years.
(2004, cc. 1023, 1026.)

I will never understand this sort of thing.

I have had some great days in life, but the greatest, bar none, by far, far and away, was when I first held my newborn son. I wanted to do the Kunta Kinte thing and hold him up to the stars and say "Behold on only thing greater than you." But it was daybreak and I had never known anything greater than him. So I just stared at him in wonder.

I do not get how any woman could do this.

But then my son's ten pound body did not come out of my urethra so maybe I had it a bit easy?

Still, I do not get how any woman could do this?

I have had some great days in life, but the greatest, bar none, by far, far and away, was when I first held my newborn son. I wanted to do the Kunta Kinte thing and hold him up to the stars and say "Behold on only thing greater than you." But it was daybreak. So I just stared at him in wonder.

But then my son's ten pound body did not come out of my urethra so maybe I had it a bit easy?

Anybody who is sane feels as you do.

How people abandon their children is hard to grasp, but then we have the freaks who murder their children,,,,,,and then get away with it.

Insane.

I have had some great days in life, but the greatest, bar none, by far, far and away, was when I first held my newborn son. I wanted to do the Kunta Kinte thing and hold him up to the stars and say "Behold on only thing greater than you." But it was daybreak and I had never known anything greater than him. So I just stared at him in wonder.

You can never make the irrational rational. In her mind, the irrational was rational. A person who is sane and not depraved, won't be able to rationalize the irrational.

One sick lady. I hope she has baby scream nightmares the rest of her natural life.

Last edited:
I can't.. begin to process this

it's beyond comprehension

Investigators tell WSLS the baby’s airway was still blocked. They say the baby was under bedding and had been suffocated by her mother. Investigators say because the mother and baby were still connected by the umbilical cord and placenta, state law does not consider the baby to be a separate life. Therefore, the mother cannot be charged.

Maybe I'm missing something here but this doesn't say the mother deliberately killed the baby. The facts presented above suggest she did nothing after the baby was born. Normal procedure is to clear the baby's airway and wait for the placenta to be expelled. Apparently she didn't have help and may not have known what to do. That may be some kind of manslaughter but it doesn't look like murder to me. Let's not condemn her until we're sure.

We will most likely never learn all the facts because she isn't being charged. And I highly doubt the govt would be involved if this was an accidental death. We pass judgment based on what we read and it says the mother suffocated the baby. This is an opinion board. That's what we do. Sheez,

Last edited:
We will most likely never learn all the facts because she isn't being charged. And I highly doubt the govt would be involved if this was an accudebtal death. We pass judgment based on what we read and it says the mother suffocated the baby. This is an opinion board. That's what we do. Sheez,

Yes, the article did say suffocated but that can happen accidentally. Although, I don't know if suffocation is possible where an airway already is blocked.

Secondly, we've learned, or should have, never to trust the media, especially early reports.

Forum List

Back