Mother and Fetus: Separate Individuals

Abortion has almost nothing to do with justification, so the entire OP is a red herring. It has to do with choice. The common mistake of anti-abortionists is to claim that there is such thing as pro-abortionists. This is false. Who's choice? The states (with the selfish and agenda-laiden Christian right whispering in its ear) or the pregnant woman. The options are to deny the women her own agency in the matter, having acquiesced to a state authority over her own body, or to grant the choice to the women, in which case people will argue the choice is the being taken away from the child. However, is it? Are infants known to be suicidal because life is just to tough? No. So really the consideration is for the later emotional life of the parent and the child. If brought up in inadequate conditions, its life may be full of mental suffering and possibly later suicide. The real question is, can an early term fetus feel pain, and will it miss something it never had? The answer to both questions is no. It is only because of Christian fundamentalism that this is even being discussed, so there is where the discussion should be had.

"Abortion has almost nothing to do with justification, so the entire OP is a red herring. It has to do with choice."

So does homicide...and pretty much based on the same arguments you pose.

Done to make the killer have less in the way of mental suffering.....

BTW...did I mention that you are an idiot?

I've decided to give you the 'Tareq and Michaele Salahi Uninvited Appearance ' Award!
Now...back under your rock.

It's not my fault the OP is another piece of idiocy.

1. Based on your acumen, you probably didn't notice that the OP is just chock full of facts....undeniable facts.....
...and when you realize that, you'll, no doubt, grind your teeth and slap yourself on the forehead.

2.Speaking of not noticing.....

...did you see the small print on the bottom of your mirror?

It says "Warning: Objects in mirror are dumber than they appear."

Pay attention.

"Abortion has almost nothing to do with justification, so the entire OP is a red herring. It has to do with choice."

So does homicide...and pretty much based on the same arguments you pose.

Done to make the killer have less in the way of mental suffering.....

BTW...did I mention that you are an idiot?

I've decided to give you the 'Tareq and Michaele Salahi Uninvited Appearance ' Award!
Now...back under your rock.

1. Based on your acumen, you probably didn't notice that the OP is just chock full of facts....undeniable facts.....
...and when you realize that, you'll, no doubt, grind your teeth and slap yourself on the forehead.

Pay attention.

I am paying attention. There is nothing here of note.

Pay attention.

Since every item in the OP is undeniable, you come off looking like.....

....what is the word?...oh, yes.....

....a fool.

As usual, you have nothing to say, but delight in saying it.

Last edited:
Abortion has almost nothing to do with justification, so the entire OP is a red herring. It has to do with choice. The common mistake of anti-abortionists is to claim that there is such thing as pro-abortionists. This is false. Who's choice? The states (with the selfish and agenda-laiden Christian right whispering in its ear) or the pregnant woman. The options are to deny the women her own agency in the matter, having acquiesced to a state authority over her own body, or to grant the choice to the women, in which case people will argue the choice is the being taken away from the child. However, is it? Are infants known to be suicidal because life is just to tough? No. So really the consideration is for the later emotional life of the parent and the child. If brought up in inadequate conditions, its life may be full of mental suffering and possibly later suicide. The real question is, can an early term fetus feel pain, and will it miss something it never had? The answer to both questions is no. It is only because of Christian fundamentalism that this is even being discussed, so there is where the discussion should be had.

Take a look at your "justifications" FOR abortion.

"Pro-abortionists don't exist." (You don't realize you are pro-abortion?)

Women cannot choose to prevent unwanted pregnancy.

If possible, a person would choose to be aborted rather than live life with the possibility of hardship.

Only Christians are against abortion on demand.

Last edited:

Take a look at your "justifications" FOR abortion.

"Pro-abortionists don't exist." (You don't realize you are pro-abortion?)

Women cannot choose to prevent unwanted pregnancy.

If possible, a person would choose to be aborted rather than live life with the possibility of hardship.

Only Christians are against abortion on demand.

I am not pro-abortion, but I am pro-choice. If you can't see the distinction, then it because you don't want to.

Pay attention.

....a fool.

You know nothing of logic. Stop trying to sound smart. You're a idiot.

....a fool.

I'm curious....

...how does it feel to be permanently rotated 90 degrees from the rest of us?

....a fool.

I'm curious....

Relative to the Christian Right, and Considering you and your cronies are unknowingly looking into a mirror held at 45 degrees? It feels great. Reality is really something. You ought to try it.

Last edited:

I'm curious....

Relative to the Christian Right, and Considering you and your cronies are unknowingly looking into a mirror held at 45 degrees? It feels great. Reality is really something. You ought to try it.

I was hoping for something clever and imaginative in response....but I must have forgotten with whom I was dealing.

Have you considered putting a lens in each ear....then you could be a telescope!

I'm curious....

I was hoping for something clever and imaginative in response....but I must have forgotten with whom I was dealing.

Have you considered putting a lens in each ear....then you could be a telescope!

It was perhaps a bit heavy handed, but I thought it was pretty clever. I didn't happen to buy the latest edition of "1,000 quick and corny insults for the online debater," but it seems to be working well for you.

It was perhaps a bit heavy handed, but I thought it was pretty clever. I didn't happen to buy the latest edition of "1,000 quick and corny insults for the online debater," but it seems to be working well for you.

Really sorry!!

I just heard the news:

"Automakers Recall 3.3 Million Vehicles Over Air Bags"
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/12/b...ecall-3-3-million-vehicles-over-air-bags.html

Good chance you'll be recalled for the same reason.

I'm not sure if you're aware of this, but this is an online debate forum, not a place for failed comedians to console each other by sharing all of their bad jokes.

Forum List

Back