dvinman

VIP Member
Dec 14, 2009
tonygorham.jpg

nancyburgess.jpg

Roanoke Rapids man faces murder charges | WNCT

Last edited:
Horrific story! More on it;
Gorham worked at St. Mary's Assisted Living in Pleasant Hill, according to a supervisor at the facility, and was also serving a 36-month probation sentence, according to state Department of Correction records.

Gorham's girlfriend Valerie McGee said that she was stunned by the arrest. On Saturday, friends helped her move out of the house at 313 N.C. 158 where they had lived.

“I can't believe it. That is not the Tony that I know. The Tony that I know, he is a nice, kind person,” said McGee.

Gorham was on probation for 2008 convictions for felony possession of stolen goods and wanton injury to person or property, DOC records show. His criminal record dates to 1998 and includes convictions for common-law robbery and assault with a deadly weapon.

Reporter: Beau Minnick
Elderly mom, daughter 'brutally murdered' :: WRAL.com

This is a perfect example on why our prison systems need more programs that help our convicts get an education so when they get out they have a future and can be positive influences in society.
Since 1990, the literature has shown that prisoners who attend educational programs while they are incarcerated are less likely to return to prison following their release. Studies in several states have indicated that recidivism rates have declined where inmates have received an appropriate education. Furthermore, the right kind of educational program leads to less violence by inmates involved in the programs and a more positive prison environment.
Educated Prisoners Are Less Likely to Return to Prison | Journal of Correctional Education | Find Articles at BNET

Forum List

Back