Most Americans say tax rich to balance budget: poll

Tax rates are not all they seem. Taxes are marginalized. This means that everyone pays the same for what that bracket covers. If i make $35000 in 2010 then my first $8375( after deductions) is taxed at 10%, from $8375 to $34000 is taxed at 15% and the last $1000 is taxed at 18%. Using this example if you figure 3 incomes: $30000( 15% bracket), $100000( 28% bracket), $400000( 35% bracket the highest) Their effective tax rates are: 13% on $30k , 21% on $100k, 29% on $400k. The $30k earner pays 1% for every $2400 he earns, the $100k earner pays 1% for every $4750 he earns. The rich pay 1% for every $14000 they earn. Sounds like a fair tax system to me...

Why Should the rich pay more taxes? - Yahoo! Answers

Of course... because you like having someone pay more than you... you are about getting something for nothing (or at the expense of others)

it'll take cutting spending, raising more tax revenues/raising taxes, and an EXCELLENT economy to get us out of this mess....and even then, it will still be a monumental hurdle.

That's why you're smart. Intelligent people know that "taxing the rich" is not going to fix jack shit. That's the tv generation answer - the idiot fix.

And here you are defending tax cuts for the very people who have purchased our government from out underneath us?

you are amazingly two faced

it'll take cutting spending, raising more tax revenues/raising taxes, and an EXCELLENT economy to get us out of this mess....and even then, it will still be a monumental hurdle.

That's why you're smart. Intelligent people know that "taxing the rich" is not going to fix jack shit. That's the tv generation answer - the idiot fix.

And here you are defending tax cuts for the very people who have purchased our government from out underneath us?

Tell me should we point the finger at the people who have bought the fucking politicians or the fucking politicians who allowed themselves to be bought?

Tell me should we point the finger at the people who have bought the fucking politicians or the fucking politicians who allowed themselves to be bought?
Both.

If you're trying to buy off a government, it's most certainly for dubious reasons and if a government is accepting your bribes, which they do regularly, then it's for dubious reasons as well.

Last edited:

Both.

If you're trying to by off a government, it's most certainly for dubious reasons.

The fucking politicians are more culpable.

Yep.. if you believe in a little thing called equal treatment by government.... and not just selective equal treatment when it benefits you and allowing unequal treatment when it benefits you

Yep. According to the Constitution no one group is supposed to be treated any differently than another.

As for my "ignorant" posts there NY. Apparantly, according to you, your the smartest guy in the room. Anyone who doesn't follow your line of thinking is ignorant.

I'm happy to say that you can call me ignorant all day long. Knock yourself out.

That 40-50% pay nothing in Fed taxes yet they can file a tax return if they have kids and get money back from the Fed, i.e. the taxpayers. They have no skin in the game and could care less who pays what for taxes as long as they get their pay out come tax time.

Some of these people rake in thousands. Pretty good trick considering they didn't pay one dime in.

The Clowns that thought this one up outta be shot.

The Clown as you say who signed the Earned Income Credit into law was the unelected president Gerald Ford.

Earned Income Credit: From The Encyclopedia of Taxation and Tax Policy

The earned income credit was originally enacted in 1975, and over the years it has grown to be one of the principal antipoverty programs in the federal budget......

Analysis

The earned income tax credit is an income transfer program that provides significant financial assistance to low-income workers, especially those with children. Unlike increasing the minimum wage, the expansion of the earned income credit over the past two decades has provided benefits targeted to help the working poor. Also, unlike most other welfare programs or a negative income tax, the earned income tax credit provides significant work incentives to low-income workers (Forman 1988: 67-77). Indeed, as currently structured, the earned income tax credit is one of the federal government's largest and most effective antipoverty programs.

Unfortunately, the earned income tax credit is not without its problems..........

I always thought Ford was a Putz.

The program looks like nothing more than a way to take other peoples money and give it to folks that didn't earn it.

Great gig if you can get it. Jeeze.

Last edited:
No. I am just going to say that people need to be aware of the second option: Cutting spending.

Considering half of you pretend that this option doesn't exist, i think it's safe to say that most people aren't informed about this.

It's pretty obvious that this option DOES NOT exist. Did a conservative congress cut spending during the 80's? No they did not

Did a GOP supermajority cut spending during the 2000's? Not remotely

When choosing the lesser of two evils, it is important to identify the GREATER of two evils

Funny thing about polls is most Americans were never asked. Polls are another part of the problem.

Most Americans want to be rich. How many think we will get there by raising taxes.

LOL, that POLL is a joke.

I wouldn't take ANYTHING 60minites/Vanity Fair says if it came notarized on their tongues.

But leave it to Flaylo to fall for it.:lol::lol:

Last edited:

You are amazingly stupid.

I'm not 'defending' anyone. You're just too stuck on stupid to know that. I rarely 'defend' the GOP. I rarely 'defend' the Dems. I dislike both parties. That's too complex for your small, partisan, paranoid little mind to comprehend. Go play in the kiddie pool.

Yep. According to the Constitution no one group is supposed to be treated any differently than another.

As for my "ignorant" posts there NY. Apparantly, according to you, your the smartest guy in the room. Anyone who doesn't follow your line of thinking is ignorant.

I'm happy to say that you can call me ignorant all day long. Knock yourself out.

That 40-50% pay nothing in Fed taxes yet they can file a tax return if they have kids and get money back from the Fed, i.e. the taxpayers. They have no skin in the game and could care less who pays what for taxes as long as they get their pay out come tax time.

Some of these people rake in thousands. Pretty good trick considering they didn't pay one dime in.

The Clowns that thought this one up outta be shot.

The Clown as you say who signed the Earned Income Credit into law was the unelected president Gerald Ford.

The earned income credit was originally enacted in 1975, and over the years it has grown to be one of the principal antipoverty programs in the federal budget......

Analysis

The earned income tax credit is an income transfer program that provides significant financial assistance to low-income workers, especially those with children. Unlike increasing the minimum wage, the expansion of the earned income credit over the past two decades has provided benefits targeted to help the working poor. Also, unlike most other welfare programs or a negative income tax, the earned income tax credit provides significant work incentives to low-income workers (Forman 1988: 67-77). Indeed, as currently structured, the earned income tax credit is one of the federal government's largest and most effective antipoverty programs.

Unfortunately, the earned income tax credit is not without its problems..........

The program looks like nothing more than a way to take other peoples money and give it to folks that didn't earn it.

Try living on wages that qualify you for this credit then tell me it's a great gig.

Every President since Ford has modified this credit and has increased the pay-out benefits, Yes Including Raygun and both Bushes.

Every President since Ford has modified this credit and has increased the pay-out benefits, Yes Including Raygun and both Bushes.

And it was just as dumb for all of them!

Analysis

Try living on wages that qualify you for this credit then tell me it's a great gig.

What makes you think I'm not working poor there Blue??

How is it right to take other peoples hard earned money and give it to folks just because they need it?? Hell. I need a new truck. Anyone want to buy me one?? Didn't think so.

I wasn't irresponsible enough to have kids I knew I couldn't afford. I also have
enough integrity to not want someone elses money just because I could have it by being irresponsible.

I've always earned my own way and I always will.

So far my life choices have been pretty sound. Too bad others can't say the same.

Last edited:
Tax rates are not all they seem. Taxes are marginalized. This means that everyone pays the same for what that bracket covers. If i make $35000 in 2010 then my first $8375( after deductions) is taxed at 10%, from $8375 to $34000 is taxed at 15% and the last $1000 is taxed at 18%. Using this example if you figure 3 incomes: $30000( 15% bracket), $100000( 28% bracket), $400000( 35% bracket the highest) Their effective tax rates are: 13% on $30k , 21% on $100k, 29% on $400k. The $30k earner pays 1% for every $2400 he earns, the $100k earner pays 1% for every $4750 he earns. The rich pay 1% for every $14000 they earn. Sounds like a fair tax system to me...

Why Should the rich pay more taxes? - Yahoo! Answers

Of course... because you like having someone pay more than you... you are about getting something for nothing (or at the expense of others)

Ah yes the psuedo-cons and their famous mind reading abilities.:tongue:

What makes you think I'm not working poor there Blue??

How is it right to take other peoples hard earned money and give it to folks just because they need it?? Hell. I need a new truck. Anyone want to buy me one?? Didn't think so.

I wasn't irresponsible enough to have kids I knew I couldn't afford. I also have
enough integrity to not want someone elses money just because I could have it by being irresponsible.

I've always earned my own way and I always will.

So far my life choices have been pretty sound. Too bad others can't say the same.

Just a wild guess.:lol:

The program is geared to low income parents not for the parents sake but for the children who are victims of their parents choices.

Most Americans say tax rich to balance budget
.....And, publicly bitch-slap 'em, when the opportunity arises.....especially when it's the Teabaggers' Sugar-Daddy!!!!!

529.gif
$
529.gif
$
529.gif

Gee... and it would have nothing at all to do with 40+% paying no income taxes?

Oh! You mean the 40+% who received no government benfits and are not affiliated with the trillions of rich debt?? Yeah, they figure they don't owe, so after the rich we should go..:lol:

O.K., 'Baggers.....you can take the-next-two-years OFF.

MI$$ION ACCOMPLI$HED!!!!!!

"After the ceremony, David Koch walked up to Rep. Frank Guinta (R-NH) — a freshman Republican Koch helped to elect using his front group, Americans for Prosperity — and asked him to confirm that he will be attending a party that Koch is hosting for Republicans."

Forum List

Back