Moscow Mitch: His Week is Getting Off to a Very Bad Start!

First we have this:

Mitch McConnell hit with formal ethics complaint over Trump impeachment: Statements ‘directly contradict his oath of impartiality’

The advocacy group Public Citizen on Monday filed a formal ethics complaint against Senate Majority Mitch McConnell, accusing the powerful Republican of betraying his oath of office by signaling overt bias in favor of President Donald Trump even before his looming impeachment trial begins.

And then:

McConnell afraid GOP doesn’t have enough votes to dismiss impeachment charges against Trump

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell was once confident he could get rid of the impeachment inquiry against President Donald Trump. As more information becomes available, however, that doesn’t appear to be the case.

A CNN report explained Monday that despite Trump’s urging, forcing senators to vote against a fair trial would put Republicans up for reelection in danger of losing their seats.

Turtle McConnel is circling the drain and seems to be headed for a legacy as the worst and most partisan majority leader in the history of the Senate

Yeah..."CNN explained"...

But we can revisit this in a few months. Are you just working on the normal demoralization propaganda or are you claiming that Trump will be removed from office?

I know you are a coward but just this once do you think you could answer directly?
What the hell are you talking about. I am stating facts. It looks like Moscow Mitch will not be able to get the charges dismissed and that they will be forced to call witnesses. What part of that do you not understand? And no, I don't think that he will be acquitted, but he will be damaged . He already is.

No he’s not damaged. Not in the slightest. Not even to the tune of a single vote I would say.

But you finally admit you think he will not be acquitted. This is going to be embarrassing for you. Or not....being as your point is propaganda and four years of being wrong hasn’t seemed to embarrass you yet.

Admit it...you were as sure Hildebeast would win then as You now are that Trump will be removed. Doesn’t matter that you were wrong. Somebody else’s fault. Keep telling yourself you don’t need to assess why you were so out of touch with reality. And hey the premature crowing and victory laps maybe helped sell some people the lie. But you aren’t chagrined in the least. All in a days despicable work.

First we have this:

Mitch McConnell hit with formal ethics complaint over Trump impeachment: Statements ‘directly contradict his oath of impartiality’

The advocacy group Public Citizen on Monday filed a formal ethics complaint against Senate Majority Mitch McConnell, accusing the powerful Republican of betraying his oath of office by signaling overt bias in favor of President Donald Trump even before his looming impeachment trial begins.

And then:

McConnell afraid GOP doesn’t have enough votes to dismiss impeachment charges against Trump

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell was once confident he could get rid of the impeachment inquiry against President Donald Trump. As more information becomes available, however, that doesn’t appear to be the case.

A CNN report explained Monday that despite Trump’s urging, forcing senators to vote against a fair trial would put Republicans up for reelection in danger of losing their seats.

Turtle McConnel is circling the drain and seems to be headed for a legacy as the worst and most partisan majority leader in the history of the Senate

But we can revisit this in a few months. Are you just working on the normal demoralization propaganda or are you claiming that Trump will be removed from office?

I know you are a coward but just this once do you think you could answer directly?
What the hell are you talking about. I am stating facts. It looks like Moscow Mitch will not be able to get the charges dismissed and that they will be forced to call witnesses. What part of that do you not understand? And no, I don't think that he will be acquitted, but he will be damaged . He already is.

And no you aren’t stating facts. You were stating “as CNN explained”. Nobody can force McConnell to do anything. I already cited the SC decision...9-0. Look it up Communist....but by all means continue sucking up to power and parroting CNN.

First we have this:

And then:

And no you aren’t stating facts. You were stating “as CNN explained”. Nobody can force McConnell to do anything. I already cited the SC decision...9-0. Look it up Communist....but by all means continue sucking up to power and parroting CNN.

What case is that,,,,,,?
Here is the real deal
McConnell Doesn’t Have the Votes to Dismiss Impeachment Charges or Block Witnesses: Reports

First we have this:

And then:

Ted Kennedy's Soviet Gambit

You need to lose the Moscow Mitch moniker you know? if your looking for a road that leads to Moscow, no one has traveled down that road more than the Democrats. And they have never paid the price for their sins.
Didn't Bernie honeymoon in Moscow, or was it some other part of the old Soviet Union?

But you finally admit you think he will not be acquitted. This is going to be embarrassing for you. Or not....being as your point is propaganda and four years of being wrong hasn’t seemed to embarrass you yet.
I meant to say "convicted"

So you lose again. I won’t belabor your typo...it happens. But the elites have lost again. And you know it. As I said your desire is to cause as much damage as possible while losing.
It’s despicable. And will backfire again.

Last edited:

So you lose again. I won’t belabor your typo...it happens. But the elites have lost again. And you know it. As I said your desire is to cause as much damage as possible while losing.
An unsuccessful prosecution of Trump is not necessarily losing. If the Senate conducts a proper trial, It will become abundantly clear that he is a menace to the Constitution and to democracy. It will also expose those Senators who choose to put Trump and party over country and they may well pay a political price for that.

In Todays News .....

‘Naked, unapologetic and insidious’ corruption: Dems respond to Trump’s official statement on impeachment trial

“Rather than honestly address the evidence against him, the President’s latest filing makes the astounding claim that pressuring Ukraine to interfere in our election by announcing investigations that would damage a political opponent and advance his reelection is the President’s way of fighting corruption. It is not. Rather it is corruption itself, naked, unapologetic and insidious.” —Democratic House Managers, joint statement entitled “The Answer of President Donald J. Trump” (pdf), the six-page document issued Saturday by the White House is the official response—authored by Trump attorneys Jay Sekulow and Pat Cipollone—to the impeachment charges (pdf) approved by the House and now before the Senate.

Furthermore.....

According to the New York Times:

The president’s lawyers did not deny any of the core facts underlying Democrats’ charges, conceding what considerable evidence and testimony in the House has shown: that he withheld $391 million in aid and a White House meeting from Ukraine and asked the country’s president to investigate former Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr. and his son, Hunter Biden.

An unsuccessful prosecution of Trump is not necessarily losing. If the Senate conducts a proper trial, It will become abundantly clear that he is a menace to the Constitution and to democracy. It will also expose those Senators who choose to put Trump and party over country and they may well pay a political price for that.

I can list the Senators who willl vote for Trump right now. What you want is an propaganda event. A circus run along the lines you want like the one in the house. But you are the loser. You should have won the Senate if you wanted to run it. Oh the media runs it you say? Nope. McConnell does. The media are just very rich multinational corporations intent on overthrowing the US President. Most of America ignores them and their only power really is the power of a constant barrage of propaganda and the street hoodlums who respond to their calls.

So in the end you will still lose. ..you've admitted it...you dont stand a chance. Just like you didnt stand a chance of stopping Kavanaugh, or Gorsuch even though the elite did the same thing you want done in this case. In fact I remember the media elites, and the sniveling serfs who follow them here, saying the very same thing. "You better call more witnesses...you better assume his guilt...Man once women see how these Senators vote they are done...this is a menace to the Constitution which we love and adore and would never bash!"

Empty propaganda. You cant back it up and two Supreme Court justices prove it. The media corporations and Hollywood degenerates can throw everything they want against the wall. But they will lose again and Americans will be repulsed at the third world antics used to try and force their will on the American people.

I can list the Senators who willl vote for Trump right now. What you want is an propaganda event. A circus run along the lines you want like the one in the house. But you are the loser. You should have won the Senate if you wanted to run it. Oh the media runs it you say? Nope. McConnell does. The media are just very rich multinational corporations intent on overthrowing the US President. Most of America ignores them and their only power really is the power of a constant barrage of propaganda and the street hoodlums who respond to their calls.

So in the end you will still lose. ..you've admitted it...you dont stand a chance. Just like you didnt stand a chance of stopping Kavanaugh, or Gorsuch even though the elite did the same thing you want done in this case. In fact I remember the media elites, and the sniveling serfs who follow them here, saying the very same thing. "You better call more witnesses...you better assume his guilt...Man once women see how these Senators vote they are done...this is a menace to the Constitution which we love and adore and would never bash!"

Empty propaganda. You cant back it up and two Supreme Court justices prove it. The media corporations and Hollywood degenerates can throw everything they want against the wall. But they will lose again and Americans will be repulsed at the third world antics used to try and force their will on the American people.

One very big problem with what you are saying. The Dems will vote as a block. And there are 7 Republicans that have already said they will vote to remove him from office. That means a simple majority will vote for his removal. But they probably won't make the 66 votes.

Let's look at it from another direction. We already know that there are more than 7 Reps that find the whole situation unpalatable. The law reads, 2/3rds of the Senators present. That means it's not 66 votes needed. It could be less. You can already bet the Dems will be present in force. And so will the 7 Reps that want him gone. What happens if X number of his "So Called" Supporters decide not to show up for the vote due to having troubles with the 2020 year elections? The Senate has 53 Republicans, 45 Democrats, and 2 Independents. The Indys vote with the Dems. That's a 53 to 47. Now, we have 7 Reps vote for Trump to be removed. That means we now have a count of 46 to 54. This means that every Republican MUST vote. If they have absent senators, that 2/3rds of the Senators Present inches closer as the 54 doesn't change but the 46 goes down. This is as high a percentage chance as if all 46 stays to vote.

Think of this, Gardner from Colorado may be one to sit out. The appointed Senator from Arizona may be one that may elect to sit out. Both have to distance themselves some way without appearing to vote to have Trump removed. If they stay the course, it's almost a 100% chance both will be headed home at the Christmas break. There are a handful of others in the same boat. Off the top of my head, I can't name them and it's been a long day. Remember, when the impeached President Andrew Johnson, only one vote was lacking in the Senate to remove him from office. He finished out his term but was largely ignored. If the vote is close, imagine the reaction from Trump. He might claim a victory even with the 46 to 54 vote but let is be closer to 40 and 54, then watch out. We could have the grandest "Here, Hold my Beer" moment Trump has ever done. Then it might be Article 25 time.

One very big problem with what you are saying. The Dems will vote as a block. And there are 7 Republicans that have already said they will vote to remove him from office. That means a simple majority will vote for his removal. But they probably won't make the 66 votes.

Let's look at it from another direction. We already know that there are more than 7 Reps that find the whole situation unpalatable. The law reads, 2/3rds of the Senators present. That means it's not 66 votes needed. It could be less. You can already bet the Dems will be present in force. And so will the 7 Reps that want him gone. What happens if X number of his "So Called" Supporters decide not to show up for the vote due to having troubles with the 2020 year elections? The Senate has 53 Republicans, 45 Democrats, and 2 Independents. The Indys vote with the Dems. That's a 53 to 47. Now, we have 7 Reps vote for Trump to be removed. That means we now have a count of 46 to 54. This means that every Republican MUST vote. If they have absent senators, that 2/3rds of the Senators Present inches closer as the 54 doesn't change but the 46 goes down. This is as high a percentage chance as if all 46 stays to vote.

Think of this, Gardner from Colorado may be one to sit out. The appointed Senator from Arizona may be one that may elect to sit out. Both have to distance themselves some way without appearing to vote to have Trump removed. If they stay the course, it's almost a 100% chance both will be headed home at the Christmas break. There are a handful of others in the same boat. Off the top of my head, I can't name them and it's been a long day. Remember, when the impeached President Andrew Johnson, only one vote was lacking in the Senate to remove him from office. He finished out his term but was largely ignored. If the vote is close, imagine the reaction from Trump. He might claim a victory even with the 46 to 54 vote but let is be closer to 40 and 54, then watch out. We could have the grandest "Here, Hold my Beer" moment Trump has ever done. Then it might be Article 25 time.

That means we now have a count of 46 to 54. This means that every Republican MUST vote. If they have absent senators, that 2/3rds of the Senators Present inches closer as the 54 doesn't change but the 46 goes down. This is as high a percentage chance as if all 46 stays to vote.

All you need are 7 Republican votes and 19 Republican no shows. And no Dem defections.

None of that refutes or mitigates the points that I made. What I want, and what I believe moist Americans want is a fair, legitimate and impartial trial which Trump and McConnel are terrified of. It's not about overthrowing the president, undoing the 201t6 election or influencing the 2020 election. It's about upholding the constitution and the rule of law, Deal with it!

I think that was well written and astute. But it’s nothing new. We always knew the swamp would fight back. Everything that has happened so far has been on razor thin margins.
You have to understand why the media has thrown away the pretense of impartiality...why the deep state is pulling out all stops. They *almost* had it. And along comes Trump. It’s suicide bomber time for them else they miss what they have spent decades trying to achieve...especially with that next Supreme pick. (She’s dying)
Nevertheless they don’t have the Constitutional power. They have the propaganda power, institutional control and are backed by tremendous wealth and, as you pointed out, that will be brought to bear on senators they see as vulnerable. But they can’t force the issue and we are safe as long as we remember that.
McConnell has all the power he needs. And all the pressure in the world won’t move him. We didn’t face a propaganda offensive this intense even from the USSR because they are now working from within. And the message to Americans is “it doesn’t matter who you vote for...we can undo it”.
And even if Trump survives by only one vote it makes no difference. The same people who hated him before hate him still. What’s changed? For Trump a vote of no confidence from the ruling elites is a resume enhancement to his supporters.

None of that refutes or mitigates the points that I made. What I want, and what I believe moist Americans want is a fair, legitimate and impartial trial which Trump and McConnel are terrified of. It's not about overthrowing the president, undoing the 201t6 election or influencing the 2020 election. It's about upholding the constitution and the rule of law, Deal with it!

No it’s not. It’s about overthrowing the election and regaining political power. That simple. You will lose while the American people win. And the elites know it...otherwise why are they so desperately trying to enfranchise felons and attack the Electoral College?

I think that was well written and astute. But it’s nothing new. We always knew the swamp would fight back. Everything that has happened so far has been on razor thin margins.
You have to understand why the media has thrown away the pretense of impartiality...why the deep state is pulling out all stops. They *almost* had it. And along comes Trump. It’s suicide bomber time for them else they miss what they have spent decades trying to achieve...especially with that next Supreme pick. (She’s dying)
Nevertheless they don’t have the Constitutional power. They have the propaganda power, institutional control and are backed by tremendous wealth and, as you pointed out, that will be brought to bear on senators they see as vulnerable. But they can’t force the issue and we are safe as long as we remember that.
McConnell has all the power he needs. And all the pressure in the world won’t move him. We didn’t face a propaganda offensive this intense even from the USSR because they are now working from within. And the message to Americans is “it doesn’t matter who you vote for...we can undo it”.
And even if Trump survives by only one vote it makes no difference. The same people who hated him before hate him still. What’s changed? For Trump a vote of no confidence from the ruling elites is a resume enhancement to his supporters.

One big problem. We all know that it's probably not going to reach the 2/3rds vote. But if it reaches a simple majority of his guilt then that's good enough. November isn't that far off. With a vote of 54 for removal and 46 against removal that becomes a battle cry. And we already know there are 54 of the 100 that will vote to remove. We don't know how many others will cross over if any at all. But it won't matter. Senators careers will change. I listed 2 that are pretty well done and will be replaced by Democrats. I believe even Moscow Mitch will be replaced as well. That's 3. If that is all that happens then the Senate will be at 50-50 including Indies. But in today's climate it's hard to predict.

You write like it's all the Democrats Deep that is the problem. Newsflash: The Republicans are also part of the Deep as well. There is no difference between which room full of old, while, wrinkled, rich white guys that are pulling the strings.

A Fraught Moment
By James Howard Kunstler
Kunstler.com
December 7, 2019

". . . What is the Democratic Party today? Well, it’s the cheerleading squad for “seventeen” government agencies that add up to the craftily-labeled “intel community,” a warm-and-fuzzy coalition of snoops, false witnesses, rogue lawfare cadres, seditionists, and bad-faith artists working sedulously to hide their previous misdeeds with ever-fresh ones. They’re the party against free speech, the party against due process of law, the party determined to provoke war with Russia. They’re the party of sexual confusion, sexual hysteria, and sexual conflict, the party of kangaroo courts, cancel culture, erasing boundaries (including national borders), and of making up rules for all that as they go along — like the Nazis and Soviets used to do. The ideas and policies they advocate are so comprehensively crazy that their old support of slavery looks quaintly straightforward in comparison.

It’s taken a while for the full efflorescence of these political pathologies to present. But now they are finally on display for all to see in what is supposed to be a climactic impeachment melodrama. The impeachment process itself has revealed the party’s genius for inventing new debaucheries of law and government misconduct — the latest being Rep Adam Schiff’s blatantly illegal cadging of his opponents’ phone logs. And now, after three years of unchallenged wickedness, they literally face the moment of truth.

That is, when all the many players in this grand game of Gotcha have to face the consequences of what they have done. The Horowitz report is necessarily limited to the DOJ inspector general’s narrow mission scope: the IG can only interview current employees of the agency and its stepchild, the FBI, which means that key players in the Gotcha game such as former FBI director Comey, former acting director McCabe, fired special agent Peter Strzok and notably ex-CIA director John Brennan were outside of Mr. Horowitz’s sphere of operations. His scope was also supposedly limited to the issues around FISA warrant mischief — though those complex shenanigans may have led the IG to other related dodges, cons, and crimes outright. The IG has no real law enforcement powers. He can only refer or recommend further action. Nevertheless, a great miasma of anxiety oppresses the Democratic Party now as it awaits whatever Mr. Horowitz has to say about these matters.

The party’s propaganda arms at The New York Times, the WashPo, and cable news networks worked up a frenzy of distractions and ruses this past week — for instance the “bombshell” that International-Man-of-Mystery Joseph Mifsud was not a hireling of the FBI. Of course, nobody ever claimed he was. Rather, he is suspected of being an agent of the Italian intel service with links to British intel, both used by the CIA as beards for its nefarious activities around its own election meddling of 2016. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s Democratic caucus has been busy with ersatz impeachment proceedings, which are invidiously scheduled to continue next week as a smokescreen to conceal the Horowitz findings. It’s been a frantic campaign for them at a fraught moment in this long saga — but the odor of desperation is thick and rank.

Of course, behind the Horowitz report loom the specters of Barr & Durham. Whatever they’ve been up to has been hermetically sealed in a globe of silence even more oppressive and nightmarish for the Dems than the IG’s inquiry. Barr & Durham are able to make things stick, most crucially genuine criminal culpability for the entire RussiaGate fiasco and all of its offshoots, including the most recent “Whistleblower” caper — a patently treasonous scheme. Who knows if and when indictments start raining down, but there’s a chance that it will be a very hard rain indeed.. . . "

One big problem. We all know that it's probably not going to reach the 2/3rds vote. But if it reaches a simple majority of his guilt then that's good enough. November isn't that far off. With a vote of 54 for removal and 46 against removal that becomes a battle cry. And we already know there are 54 of the 100 that will vote to remove. We don't know how many others will cross over if any at all. But it won't matter. Senators careers will change. I listed 2 that are pretty well done and will be replaced by Democrats. I believe even Moscow Mitch will be replaced as well. That's 3. If that is all that happens then the Senate will be at 50-50 including Indies. But in today's climate it's hard to predict.

You write like it's all the Democrats Deep that is the problem. Newsflash: The Republicans are also part of the Deep as well. There is no difference between which room full of old, while, wrinkled, rich white guys that are pulling the strings.

And we already know there are 54 of the 100 that will vote to remove.

How do you know that?

I agree (with that last). I was careful not to use the term “Democrat” for that reason. The hatred for a Trump is almost as strong in the RNC as in the DNC. They work together to keep power and consider elections to be a contest for which of them will lead the joint power.

These Republicans, the never Trumpers, find their power and desirability enhanced in this environment. They are the belles of the deep state ball and it drives the Mccains and the Romney types to try and outbid each other in deviousness for a pat on the head from their rulers.

Forum List

Back