Mortgage Rates jump to 7.22%

And here's a handy little graph to show how Joe Biden and "Build Back Better" has fucked the housing market.

Good job liberals this is what you voted for you absolute smooth brains
They want more young people living in apartments like they did in the old Soviet Union where the government controls everything.

401.jpeg

It should be more like 25% given the inflation rates. Doesn't matter now, since few can afford to buy a house already. Over half the 'market' here is big corporations buying them up, not individuals. We're being Californicated, like Oregon and Washington was.

And here's a handy little graph to show how Joe Biden and "Build Back Better" has fucked the housing market.

Good job liberals this is what you voted for you absolute smooth brains
My first home bought in the 1980s mortgage interest rate was 13.5%,

My next home bought 15 years later... the mortgage interest rate was 8.0%.

My third home bought 10 years later, mortgage interest rate was 0%...we paid cash for it from the profit of the 2nd home sale!!! (We were lucky and bought the home low, and sold it in a high real estate booming market)

Mortgage rates have been much higher and can go much higher!

It sucks wind!

But, we've lived through it before, and will likely again!

My first home bought in the 1980s mortgage interest rate was 13.5%,

My next home bought 15 years later... the mortgage interest rate was 8.0%.

My third home bought 10 years later, mortgage interest rate was 0%...we paid cash for it from the profit of the 2nd home sale!!! (We were lucky and bought the home low, and sold it in a high real estate booming market)

Mortgage rates have been much higher and can go much higher!

It sucks wind!

But, we've lived through it before, and will likely again!
but sugar plum .. how much did that 80’s house cost?

but sugar plum .. how much did that 80’s house cost?
Only $55,000! It was a 3/2 townhouse, in Florida when homes were cheap! My hubby was a medical technologist , recent college grad, and was paid $400 a week, $10 an hour....and we thought he scored big time with his new job!

Yes, homes were a lot less, but we made a lot less....

And the whole point of raising interest rates is to slow inflation or reduce inflation....

Prices on homes should be coming down, if fewer people can buy them due to higher interest rates.... Yep, it is a slow process and stinks if you are in the market right now for a home...

But the one thing my older age has brought, is hindsight! We will make it through this, just as we have in other tough times.

The glass is half full, the glass is not half empty! :)

Only $55,000! It was a 3/2 townhouse, in Florida when homes were cheap! My hubby was a medical technologist , recent college grad, and was paid $400 a week, $10 an hour....and we thought he scored big time with his new job!

Yes, homes were a lot less, but we made a lot less....

And the whole point of raising interest rates is to slow inflation or reduce inflation....

Prices on homes should be coming down, if fewer people can buy them due to higher interest rates.... Yep, it is a slow process and stinks if you are in the market right now for a home...

But the one thing my older age has brought, is hindsight! We will make it through this, just as we have in other tough times.

The glass is half full, the glass is not half empty! :)
I appreciate that positive attitude of yours sweet Darlin and respectfully offer a hug. 🙂

You know in those days you could generally assume the previous owners 1st loan at a far lower interest. I haven’t checked but I doubt you have that option these days and besides I just felt like messing with you for the fun of it..😉

Last edited:

Forum List

Back