Mortgage Rates jump to 7.22%

So much for the poor and minorities owning homes. I wonder if the government will push for more homeowners like we did before. We are seeing an increase in homelessness, so I wonder what solution government will make up?

I appreciate that positive attitude of yours sweet Darlin and respectfully offer a hug. 🙂

You know in those days you could generally assume the previous owners 1st loan at a far lower interest. I haven’t checked but I doubt you have that option these days and besides I just felt like messing with you for the fun of it..😉
My first mortgage was during Reagan at ten percent.

My first home bought in the 1980s mortgage interest rate was 13.5%,

My next home bought 15 years later... the mortgage interest rate was 8.0%.

My third home bought 10 years later, mortgage interest rate was 0%...we paid cash for it from the profit of the 2nd home sale!!! (We were lucky and bought the home low, and sold it in a high real estate booming market)

Mortgage rates have been much higher and can go much higher!

It sucks wind!

But, we've lived through it before, and will likely again!
Thanks for marginalizing what is happening today......Typical of Marxists/Demofascists who support morons.

I’m thinking I’ve lived in a far better time and those better times are ending, where it goes from here seems bleak for the manipulated and bickering tribal un-wealthy.
Just like hundreds of millions of other US citizens, who feel that the government is out to get them every day.

And here's a handy little graph to show how Joe Biden and "Build Back Better" has fucked the housing market.

Good job liberals this is what you voted for you absolute smooth brains
Yikes, just a couple of years ago it was half that figure.

A 30-year fixed rate mortgage PITI at 3.5% is about $1,450 on a $200,000 loan. At 7.!% it jumps to $1,971.

That's huge plus the cost of food continues to skyrocket.

Thank you, President Biden!

I’m thinking I’ve lived in a far better time and those better times are ending, where it goes from here seems bleak for the manipulated and bickering tribal un-wealthy.
Sadly I agree 100%.

I'm nearing my sell-by date and I'm okay with that. I'm sad for the younger folks and what is down the road.

My first mortgage was during Reagan at ten percent.
You were lucky. President Carter's policies ran them up to 18% for a 30-year fixed rate. We'd calculate the rate with our mortgage rate books (no mortgage calculators yet) and try not to gasp when we told the customer the monthly payment. We thought we'd never see single-digit rates again!

Thanks for marginalizing what is happening today......Typical of Marxists/Demofascists who support morons.
Don't mean to marginalize it....just saying when the going gets tough, the tough get going.... Americans usually work their way out of it.... the world is not going to end.

When inflation is in check and interest rates come down, those with high interest loans will refinance down to a lower interest rate, and those who could temporarily not afford a home, will afford one again. Those are just facts.

You were lucky. President Carter's policies ran them up to 18% for a 30-year fixed rate. We'd calculate the rate with our mortgage rate books (no mortgage calculators yet) and try not to gasp when we told the customer the monthly payment. We thought we'd never see single-digit rates again!
Wasn't it only a 20 year mortgage back then and 30 year loans were non existent?

A mortgage, dumbass? Don't buy a home that's your line? You dems really do wanna destroy the American dream you fucking god damn pieces of shit
That is how the left works. Make something harder to do or to get, then turn around and blame the citizen for wanting it in the first place. "Why are you complaining about the cost of steak? Just don't buy it".

That is how the left works. Make something harder to do or to get, then turn around and blame the citizen for wanting it in the first place. "Why are you complaining about the cost of steak? Just don't buy it".
I had steak last night.

Yikes, just a couple of years ago it was half that figure.

A 30-year fixed rate mortgage PITI at 3.5% is about $1,450 on a $200,000 loan. At 7.!% it jumps to $1,971.

That's huge plus the cost of food continues to skyrocket.

Thank you, President Biden!
Biden doesn't set the prices.

Remember….Biden said Americans will have to learn to lower their expectations. This is all by design.

Whereas a middle-class family used to walk out of their 4-bedroom house to drive to a steakhouse for dinner, these days they will leave their apartment and walk up to McDonalds.

how did people ever survive for those 30 plus years straight where rates were higher than they are now?

1688732791558.png

Forum List

Back