'Morning Joe' Being Pressured To Invite More Pro-Obama Flacks

Trajan

conscientia mille testes
Jun 17, 2010
The Bay Area Soviet
:lol:why yes of course , one is to many......
video at the link

Mika: 'Morning Joe' Being Pressured To Invite More Pro-Obama Flacks

By Mark Finkelstein | July 01, 2011 | 07:30

Jay Carney admits calling MSNBC yesterday to complain about Mark Halperin's crack [that we were first to report] that the President, at his Wednesday press conference, acted like a "d--k." Did the White House press secretary take the opportunity of his call to pressure the show to bring on more pro-Obama flacks?

( oh and for the record; I have no issues with CARNivale barker calling to complain)

The question arises because on today's show, Mika Brzezinski revealed that "we're getting hit a lot lately for not bringing on people who speak on behalf of the White House and really stick up for the President."

There was something surreal about Mika's statement. When she broached the subject of balance, I was sure she was going to say that complaints were coming from Republicans about the paucity of GOP/conservative guests on the show. After all, as Joe Scarborough pointed out moments later, when the show researched its guest list, it found a stunning 10:1 ratio of Democrats to Republicans!

more at-
Read more: Mika: 'Morning Joe' Being Pressured To Invite More Pro-Obama Flacks | NewsBusters.org

video at the link

Jay Carney admits calling MSNBC yesterday to complain about Mark Halperin's crack [that we were first to report] that the President, at his Wednesday press conference, acted like a "d--k." Did the White House press secretary take the opportunity of his call to pressure the show to bring on more pro-Obama flacks?

( oh and for the record; I have no issues with CARNivale barker calling to complain)

The question arises because on today's show, Mika Brzezinski revealed that "we're getting hit a lot lately for not bringing on people who speak on behalf of the White House and really stick up for the President."

There was something surreal about Mika's statement. When she broached the subject of balance, I was sure she was going to say that complaints were coming from Republicans about the paucity of GOP/conservative guests on the show. After all, as Joe Scarborough pointed out moments later, when the show researched its guest list, it found a stunning 10:1 ratio of Democrats to Republicans!

more at-
Read more: Mika: 'Morning Joe' Being Pressured To Invite More Pro-Obama Flacks | NewsBusters.org

That ratio is a lie. I've watched that show for years. The regulars are all "right leaning moderates".

Everytime Mika tries to open her meek little mouth, they talk all over her. Especially Scarborough.

video at the link

more at-

That ratio is a lie. I've watched that show for years. The regulars are all "right leaning moderates".

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

video at the link

more at-

no, your 'mis'- comprehensions creates the lie-

from the link-

when the show researched its guest list,

What I find interesting and odd about all these shows is the negativity of most guests. America has become a nation of wimps when it comes to tough topics, the sky is falling should be the motto of Morning Joe and several other shows. But realize media is corporate owned and operated and while there is a pretense to fairness the only fairness is aimed in directions that are comfortable. Only 60 Minutes will on occasion tackle the tough topics of poverty in America, Corporate corruption, and stupid wars. The rest whine whine and whine safely so as not to offend a walmart nation of billionaires.

SourceWatch

What's in a Label?

"I cannot help fearing that men may reach a point where they look on every new theory as a danger, every innovation as a toilsome trouble, every social advance as a first step toward revolution, and that they may absolutely refuse to move at all for fear of being carried off their feet. The prospect really does frighten me that they may finally become so engrossed in a cowardly love of immediate pleasures that their interest in their own future and in that of their descendants may vanish, and that they will prefer tamely to follow the course of their destiny rather than make a sudden energetic effort necessary to set things right." Alexis De Tocqueville

video at the link

more at-

You're out of your friggin' mind. On any given day Scarborough is flanked by the likes of lefties Mika, Willie, Donny Deutsch, Tina Brown, Eugene Robinson, Mike Barnicle, Harold Ford, Jr., John Heilemann, Mark Halperin, or a lineup of other lefty stooges from the NY Times and Washington Post. They feature a daily update from Politico and every week Time mag has a segment to debut their next week's cover. And the lefty list goes on and on and on. Representing the Right now and then is Pat Buchanan (today, for example) or some other Republican/conservative.

Try opening your eyes and ears while watching for the next few years and you'll realize how stupid "right leaning moderates" is. Correction...it's not stupid; it's an outright lie.

Last edited:
I watch nearly every day and I wouldn't have do to any research to know the ratio is 10:1. It's a virtual liberal cesspool.

What is the ratio of conservative vs. liberal on fox and friends?

Liberal Bias.
Talk to any Fox News hating-liberal and you'll here the same old regurgitated talking point- Fox is not Fair & Balanced. One network, Fox News has twice the number of opposing commentators than does all media sources combined. If you add up the major media properties; ABC, NBC, CBS, MSNBC, CNN, PBS, New York Times, Washington Post, and Newsweek -- you get a total of five so-called conservatives personalities among hundreds of liberals. At the least, Fox News employees the following liberals.

• Bob Beckel
  • Juan Williams
  • Alan Colmes
  • Kirsten Powers
  • Shepard Smith
  • Geraldo Rivera
  • Mara Liasson
  • Bill Schulz
  • Susan Estrich
  • Ed Henry

Statistical data
In 2008, John Perazzo, writing in FrontPageMagazine.com, presented major research findings [66][67] regarding the underlying beliefs of news media professionals.

• Between 90 and 97 percent of news media professionals have consistently affirmed themselves to be pro-choice on the matter of abortion, with more than half of the respondents agreeing that abortion should be legal under any and all circumstances.[68]
  • Between 6 and 8 percent attended religious services regularly, a tiny fraction of the corresponding rate for the public at large.[69]
  • Fully 81 percent of news media professionals favor affirmative action in business and academia.[70]
  • More than half of respondents said that adultery could be acceptable under certain circumstances; only 15 percent said it was always wrong.[71]
  • Between 67 and 76 percent were opposed to prayer being permitted in public schools.[72]
  • In 1964, 94 percent of media professionals voted for Democrat Lyndon Johnson over Republican Barry Goldwater.[73]
  • In 1968, 86 percent voted for Democrat Hubert Humphrey over Republican Richard Nixon.[74]
  • In 1972, 81 percent voted for Democrat George McGovern over the incumbent Nixon.[75]
  • In 1976, 81 percent voted for Democrat Jimmy Carter over Republican Gerald Ford.[76]
  • In 1980, twice as many cast their ballots for Carter rather than Republican Ronald Reagan.[77]
  • In 1984, 58 percent supported Democrat Walter Mondale, whom Reagan defeated in the biggest landslide in presidential election history.[78]
  • In 1988, White House correspondents from various major newspapers, television networks, magazines, and news services supported Democrat Michael Dukakis over Republican George H.W. Bush by a ratio of 12-to-1.[79]
  • In the 1992 Presidential election, among Washington bureau chiefs and congressional correspondents, the disparity was 89 percent vs. 7 percent, in Clinton’s favor over the incumbent Bush.[80]
  • All told, White House correspondents during the late ’80s and early ’90s voted for Democrats at 7 times the rate at which they voted for Republicans.[81]
  • In a 2004, poll of campaign journalists, those based outside of Washington, D.C., supported Democrat John Kerry over Republican George W. Bush by a ratio of 3-to-1. Those based inside the Beltway favored Kerry by a 12-to-1 ratio[82]
  • In a 2004 nationwide poll of 300 newspaper and television journalists, 52 percent supported Kerry, while 19 percent supported Bush.[83]
  • In a 2008 survey of 144 journalists nationwide, journalists were 8 times likelier to make campaign contributions to Democrats than to Republicans.[84]
  • A 2008 Investors Business Daily study put the campaign donation ratio at 11.5-to-1, in favor of Democrats. In terms of total dollars given, the ratio was 15-to-1.[85]
  • In a 1988 survey of business reporters, 54 percent of respondents identified themselves as Democrats, 9 percent as Republicans.[86]
  • In a 1992 poll of journalists working for newspapers, magazines, radio, and television, 44 percent called themselves Democrats, 16 percent Republicans.[87]
  • In a 1996 poll of 1,037 reporters at 61 newspapers, 61 percent identified themselves as Democrats, 15 percent as Republicans.[88]
  • In a 2001 Kaiser Family Foundation poll, media professionals were nearly 7 times likelier to call themselves Democrats rather than Republicans[89]
  • In a 1981 study of 240 journalists nationwide, 65 percent identified themselves as liberals, 17 percent as conservatives.[90]
  • In a 1983 study of news reporters, executives, and staffers, 32 percent identified themselves as liberals, 11 percent as conservatives.[91]
  • In a 1992 study of more than 1,400 journalists, 44 percent identified themselves as liberals, 22 percent as conservatives.[92]
  • In a 1996 study of Washington bureau chiefs and congressional correspondents, 61 percent identified themselves as liberals, 9 percent as conservatives.[93]
  • In a 1996 study of 1,037 journalists, the respondents identified themselves as liberals 4 times more frequently than as conservatives. Among journalists working for newspapers with circulations exceeding 50,000, the ratio of liberals to conservatives was 5.4 to 1.[94]
  • In a 2001 Kaiser Family Foundation study of media professionals, the ratio of self-identified liberals to conservatives was 4.2 to 1.[95]
  • In a 2004 Pew Research Center study of journalists and media executives, the ratio of self-identified liberals to conservatives was 4.9 to 1.[96]
  • In a 2005 University of Connecticut study of 300 journalists, the liberal-to-conservative ratio was 2.8 to 1.[97]
  • In a 2005 Annenberg Public Policy Center poll of nearly 700 journalists, the liberal-to-conservative ratio was 3.4 to 1.[98]
  • In a 2007 Pew Research Center study of journalists and news executives, the ratio was 4 liberals for each conservative.[99]
BA similar landmark study was conducted in 1990, examining the political leanings of the individuals, rather than the organizations, who were most often cited or quoted as experts on various topics in the news. The examination showed that on the subject of welfare and related issues, liberal experts were quoted 75 percent of the time, conservatives 22 percent. On consumer issues, the liberal-conservative ratio was 63 percent to 22 percent. On environmental issues, the ratio was 79 percent to 18 percent. And regarding nuclear energy, the ratio was 77 percent to 20 percent.[100]

The decidedly liberal majority in news media is similar to that seen in American colleges and faculty, which most journalists were influenced by. A major study showed that 50% of American college faculty identified themselves as Democrats and 11% as Republicans (with 33% being Independent, and 5% identifying themselves with another party). 72% described themselves as "to the left of center," including 18% who were strongly left. Only 15% described themselves as right of center, including only 3% who were "strongly right."[101][102]

video at the link

more at-

The only way to have a more pro big 0 show would be to have more guest or talking heads on during the show.

Aside from the occasional GOP Senator, I have yet to see anyone that wasn't on the same team.

fyi; Obama is a dick. I know that b/c I heard it on MSN and they would never lie.

Forum List

Back