Zone1 Mormonism Exposed

Some Muslims say Christians and Jews are infidels.

Some Christians say Jews and Muslims are infidels.

Some Jews say Muslims and Christians are infidels.

Some Sunnis says Shias are infidels. Some Shias say Sunnis are infidels.

Some Catholics say all Protestants are going to hell.

And so forth, and so on.

An Irish Catholic girl visits her mother one day and confesses, "Mom, I'm a prostitute."

The mother faints dead away. Upon being revived, the daughter asks, "Is my being a prostitute really so bad?"

The mother replies, "Prostitute! Oh thank God! I though you said Protestant!"

Doesn't matter. They are NOT true Christians, not according to the Scriptures.

1. Who are you to decide who is a true Christian ?
2. What is your criteria for determining who is a true Christian ?
3. We've already established that the use of scripture as a basis is in dispute.

I'd say that you might not qualify as a true Christian given your propensity to judge others.

1. How did Joseph Smith know about the existence of civilizations in central and south Americal ?
It was well known that there were civilizations in Central and South America. The Spanish conquered the Aztecs and the Incas.

Nevertheless, the civilizations in Central and South America had no connection with civilizations in the Near East. They gave no indication of being established by Jewish immigrants, as The Book of Mormon would lead us to believe.

It was well known that there were civilizations in Central and South America. The Spanish conquered the Aztecs and the Incas.

Nevertheless, the civilizations in Central and South America had no connection with civilizations in the Near East. They gave no indication of being established by Jewish immigrants, as The Book of Mormon would lead us to believe.

Was that knowledge common to the folks in the Northeat in the early 1800's ? His schooling was limited and he was 14 when he made his first pronouncement.

Seems highly unlikely.

Again, not that I get all caught up in that. It really does not matter to me.

Was that knowledge common to the folks in the Northeat in the early 1800's ? His schooling was limited and he was 14 when he made his first pronouncement.

Seems highly unlikely.

What matters is that Joseph Smith was a religious charlatan, a liar, and a fraud. There is no independent evidence that any of the events recorded in The Book of Mormon happened, and much evidence that none of it happened.

What matters is that Joseph Smith was a religious charlatan, a liar, and a fraud. There is no independent evidence that any of the events recorded in The Book of Mormon happened, and much evidence that none of it happened.

If that's what you need.

Of course, the concept of faith, at this point is pretty much discarded.

What evidence do you have that the resurrection is a real thing ?
That Christ turned water to wine ?
That Christ walked on water ?

Come to think of it, I might not believe in the bible (using your implied standards).

If that's what you need.

Of course, the concept of faith, at this point is pretty much discarded.

What evidence do you have that the resurrection is a real thing ?
That Christ turned water to wine ?
That Christ walked on water ?

Come to think of it, I might not believe in the bible (using your implied standards).
I cannot prove that Jesus rose from the dead after three days in the tomb. I cannot prove that he did not.

I can prove that The Book of Mormon made assertions that are not true. For example, it mentioned domesticated animals as existing prior to the coming of Europeans. There is no evidence of wheat and flax in the Americas before the coming of whites. Horses lived in the Americas thousands of years ago, but they were hunted to extinction by American Indians.

The Book of Mormon claims that American Indians are descendants of Jewish immigrants to the Americas prior to 1942. There is no genetic evidence of this. The American Indians are most closely related to people living in Siberia.

There is also The Book of Abraham. Joseph Smith bought an ancient Egyptian manuscript. He claimed that it was personally written by Abraham and tells of Abraham's travels in Egypt, and that he had the ability to translate it into The Book of Abraham.

----------

The Book of Abraham papyri were thought to have been lost in the 1871 Great Chicago Fire. However, in 1966 several fragments of the papyri were found in the archives of the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York and in the LDS Church archives. They are now referred to as the Joseph Smith Papyri. Upon examination by professional Egyptologists (both Mormon and otherwise), these fragments were identified as Egyptian funerary texts, including the "Breathing Permit of Hôr"[nb 1] and the "Book of the Dead", among others. Although some Mormon apologists defend the authenticity of the Book of Abraham, no other scholars regard it as an ancient text.[3]

The Book of Mormon does not claim that they were Jewish.

They were of the tribes of Manasseh and Ephraim, not of Judah.

Manasseh and Ephraim were Israelite tribes. They were descended from Joseph, and are called "the half tribes." There is no indication of Israelite DNA in the Americas prior to the coming of the Europeans.

Bob Blaylock,

I like Mormons a lot. They are good people. Unlike another group of people I could name, Mormons are high on the good statistics and low on the bad statistics. In other words, they tend to be intelligent, obedient to the law, and monogamous. They have very low illegitimacy rates. They rarely have problems with illegal drugs and alcohol.

When I was nineteen years old two Mormon missionaries proselytized me for six months. I was dating a Mormon girl, and she asked me if I wanted to talk to them. I did, because I wanted to become a Mormon.

I had owned a copy of the Book of Mormon for quite a few years. Although I had not read it, I had read parts of it, and it seemed to be authentically Biblical.

After my six month investigation of Mormon claims I concluded, sadly, that Mormonism was not true. Nevertheless, I continue to like and respect Mormons.

When Mormon missionaries knock on my door I let them, and show them my leather bound volume that includes The Book of Mormon, The Doctrine and Covenants, and The Pearl of Great Price. I also show them one of my copies of the The King James Bible, which I have read twice, including the Apocrypha.

Unlike a U.S. Message Board poster, who I could name but prefer not to think about, they do not become angry and insulting when I challenge their beliefs.

We have a cordial conversation, I thank them for coming by, I express my sincere admiration of them, and we part as friends. :)

"Heresy" requires the existence of orthodoxy. Joe Smith, Brigham Young, and others in their posse believed that they could make stuff up as they went along, and apparently they were pretty persuasive because they convinced a lot of people to believe things that went against what those people had been brought up to believe (i.e., KJV). And when I say, "went against," I mean 180 degrees against, for example, God was once a man just like us, and was exalted to godhood. Gimmeafukkinbreak.

To my way of thinking, the story of the Book of Abraham illustrates the total fraudulence of Smith and those who were in his inner circle. Smith was asked to "translate" an Egyptian scroll, since he claimed to have translated the BoM from "reformed Egyptian." He gladly accepted the challenge and made up an entire book out of (as the lawyers say) "whole cloth." It was later exposed as nothing more than a funerary tract, having nothing to do with Abraham or any other Hebrew.

And yet it is still included in Mormon scriptures.

As Dave Barry often says, "You couldn't make this up."

The Nephites are described as a group of people that descended from or were associated with Nephi, a son of the prophet Lehi, who left Jerusalem at the urging of God in about 600 BC and traveled with his family to the Western Hemisphere and arrived to the Americas in about 589 BC.

It speaks very badly for anyone's faith, who feels a need to slander other faiths in order to elevate his own.

In several instances, Nephi described himself and his people as Jews. Some have thought that the term Jew is out of place in the Book of Mormon, based on the assumption that it was only used after the Jewish exile which ended around 537 B.C.—long after Lehi’s family left Jerusalem.

The Nephites are described as a group of people that descended from or were associated with Nephi, a son of the prophet Lehi, who left Jerusalem at the urging of God in about 600 BC and traveled with his family to the Western Hemisphere and arrived to the Americas in about 589 BC.

There's no mention of either in the Bible.

Seems highly unlikely.

In several instances, Nephi described himself and his people as Jews. Some have thought that the term Jew is out of place in the Book of Mormon, based on the assumption that it was only used after the Jewish exile which ended around 537 B.C.—long after Lehi’s family left Jerusalem.

Neither is in the Bible.

There's no mention of either in the Bible.
There wouldn't be a mention of Nephi in the Bible because his writings only occurred after leaving Jerusalem to sail to the Americas. Nephites are the descendants of Nephi and would only arise in the Americas and not in Israel.

In several instances, Nephi described himself and his people as Jews.
Can you show me in the Book of Mormon where Nephi referred to himself and his people as Jews?
Some have thought that the term Jew is out of place in the Book of Mormon, based on the assumption that it was only used after the Jewish exile which ended around 537 B.C.—long after Lehi’s family left Jerusalem.
Who are some? There are prophesies of the Jews in the Book of Mormon.

Neither is in the Bible.
Nephi's ministry was in the America's and would not be mentioned in a history of Israel.

Forum List

Back