Mormon girl comes out as gay in church. The church cuts her mic...

Well, in fairness, the DW reruns were kind of boring, anyway.

Gay Marriage is yet another failure of our political systems. Years before Gay Marriage even became an issue many of us were working on civil unions because the goal was to give gay couples the same rights as married couples enjoy in courts, in hospitals, in dying wishes, in inheritance, and in the tax code. We got an indulgent pat on the head from the government and were completely ignored.

No, what you got was the realization that "Civil Unions" are pretty much like a Colored Water fountain. It's a set-aside that stigmatizes a group as unequal. The states that actually tried this route quickly realized this and went to full gay marriage, as they should have.

The sacramental definition of marriage is the union of a man and a woman, the union of the two opposite sexes, for the purpose of creating new family units, which is the foundation of society--children who ideally have both mother and father. (Don't bother arguing other arrangements, it was understood alternate arrangements have always existed along with the ideal. I'm merely pointing out that at this point Gays recognized and honored all of this--and many still do. There is the ideal, and then there is the rest that is acceptable as well.)

Why is that an ideal? I've known gay couples who are great parents, and I know straight people who have the parenting skills of feral wolves. The fact is, 50% of marriages end in divorce and 40% of children are born to unmarried women. That would seem to be a much more serious problem than gays who want to say they are married, but won't have kids unless they adopt or use some kind of artificial means (insemination, surrogacy).

So other than getting close to the "God" argument, this is a non-starter. Families have much bigger problems than gays getting married.

Okay, back to the politicians ignoring us. Since the politicians would not give equal rights to unmarried couples, the anger and frustration built and so began the demand for gay marriage. While the gay community lost those of us who supported them on the civil rights issues for unmarried couples, they did capture the attention of the politicians, particularly those on the left. Thanks very much to our inept government officials, the lack of civil rights for unmarried couples still remains...and we inherited Gay Marriage.

again, not seeing how any of that is a problem. You really didn't make an argument about why gay marriage is bad, you just wonder why the won't accept the second class water fountain you've set up for them.

Most homosexuals are very much aware of the risks they take in engaging in sex with a same sex partner. There are above average health risks (even leaving out HIV) and mental health risks are higher as well. Knowing this, many gays and lesbians don't want the "approval" of heterosexuals, which they see as often patronizing. These people jump on the bandwagon of supporting gays to feel cool and open-minded about themselves, waving waved away health concerns as unimportant or even non-existent. (Not cool and open-minded to push people into ill health.) Simply respect their decision, recognizing the risks they face, and at least be happy (though it didn't go as originally intended) that as a couple the government is now willing to give them the rights and benefits they should have had to begin with.

Okay, it took you four whole paragraphs to get to the "I think it's Icky" argument, so I'll give you a little credit for that. In most of the world, HIV is a heterosexual disease, of course. Made a lot worse by the fact that YOUR CHURCH, the one you love so much, told people in developing countries that using a rubber was a sin. So maybe instead of blaming homosexuality for AIDS, we should blame religious stupidity. (Which, admittedly, is my default setting, anyway.)

To the point, besides the fact that LESBIANS have a much lower chance of transmitting HIV that straight couples, is that gay marriage would probably reduce the amount of multiple partners gays have, and reduce the spread of the disease, if that was really a concern.

Final Point- there's a whole shitload of behaviors that cause "ill-health" in this society, such as poor diet, smoking, drinking, and so on, and you moral busybodies don't seem to want to spend any time on that. It's them icky, icky gays having the butt sex.

People are entitled to their religious beliefs. Couples are entitled to equal rights under the law, be they a married couple or an unmarried couple. The Constitution is clear on equal rights and on religious freedoms. So what has our government done? They began trampling on religious freedom while still discriminating against unmarried couples. The stupid way government conducts business....

Your religious freedom only applies to you. The problem with you guys is you want to impose your religion on everyone else.

again, if your churches were preaching racism as a tenant of religion, no one would be defending you. You'd lose your tax exemptions and no one would invite your group to the Interfaith Pancake Breakfast where you all pretend the other guys are going to Hell. We need to treat homophobia the same way.

Your religious freedom only applies to you. The problem with you guys is you want to impose your religion on everyone else.

You want to impose Godlessness, immorality, perversion, and outright evil, on decent people who want no part of it.
You want to impose Godlessness, immorality, perversion, and outright evil, on decent people who want no part of it.

what you are referring to is being a mature adult over using a knowingly historically false and misrepresented religion for self serving motivations and personal rewards, whatever motivation their might be in assaulting a 13 year old child.

Not really. Dude, there is nothing I can do to make you go gay. If you wake up next to a rent boy and a pile of crystal meth like Ted Haggard, that's totally on you.

the fact you need an imaginary sky pixie to threaten you with eternal torture to keep you on the straight and narrow says a lot.

Not really. Dude, there is nothing I can do to make you go gay. If you wake up next to a rent boy and a pile of crystal meth like Ted Haggard, that's totally on you.

the fact you need an imaginary sky pixie to threaten you with eternal torture to keep you on the straight and narrow says a lot.

Yours is the side that wants to force decent people to recognize and treat an immoral, disgusting homosexual mockery of marriage as if it is comparable to genuine marriage. Yours is the side that wants to force women and girls to endure the intrusion of creepy male perverts into their restrooms, dressing rooms, and similar facilities. Yours is the side that defends the savage, cold-blooded slaughter of thousands of innocent unborn children every day. There is no way that you can spin it, to hide the obvious fact that yours is the side of madness, perversion, and outright evil. You have knowingly, willfully, deliberately chosen to reject good,and to embrace evil. This is on you. No matter how much you may deny him, and mock him, you will eventually stand before God, and be held to account for the choices that you have made. I do not think that he will be pleased with you.

That imaginary sky pixie is an invention of your own mind, Joe, and far from reality. You have said you were raised Catholic, but it appears the only thing you picked up was Sister Mary X's ruler--which you now delight in using on people of faith.

Remember the study on, "What are we, God, that You love us so well?" And, the hymn, "Only a Shadow" which begins, "The love I have for You, my Lord, is only a shadow of Your love for me..."

Today we commemorate the Transfiguration and are reminded that God called Jesus His beloved son. The Church is the body of Christ, and as such we have great faith in God's love for us. There is no doubt. When we see ourselves as loved--and, as we see all others beloved by God--how can we, our lives, and how we treat all others beloved by God--not be transfigured?

The reasons so many vocal atheists fail is that in order to launch any kind of attack, they have to re-create the image of God. You may as well try to convince us to eat a baseball because in your mind it's really an orange.

I'll await the next whack of your ruler. :)

Yours is the side that wants to force decent people to recognize and treat an immoral, disgusting homosexual mockery of marriage as if it is comparable to genuine marriage. Yours is the side that wants to force women and girls to endure the intrusion of creepy male perverts into their restrooms, dressing rooms, and similar facilities. Yours is the side that defends the savage, cold-blooded slaughter of thousands of innocent unborn children every day. There is no way that you can spin it, to hide the obvious fact that yours is the side of madness, perversion, and outright evil. You have knowingly, willfully, deliberately chosen to reject good,and to embrace evil. This is on you. No matter how much you may deny him, and mock him, you will eventually stand before God, and be held to account for the choices that you have made. I do not think that he will be pleased with you.

:eusa_boohoo:

... internet Troll.

That imaginary sky pixie is an invention of your own mind, Joe, and far from reality. You have said you were raised Catholic, but it appears the only thing you picked up was Sister Mary X's ruler--which you now delight in using on people of faith.

Remember the study on, "What are we, God, that You love us so well?" And, the hymn, "Only a Shadow" which begins, "The love I have for You, my Lord, is only a shadow of Your love for me..."

Today we commemorate the Transfiguration and are reminded that God called Jesus His beloved son. The Church is the body of Christ, and as such we have great faith in God's love for us. There is no doubt. When we see ourselves as loved--and, as we see all others beloved by God--how can we, our lives, and how we treat all others beloved by God--not be transfigured?

The reasons so many vocal atheists fail is that in order to launch any kind of attack, they have to re-create the image of God. You may as well try to convince us to eat a baseball because in your mind it's really an orange.

I'll await the next whack of your ruler. :)
There is no doubt. When we see ourselves as loved--and, as we see all others beloved by God--how can we, our lives, and how we treat all others beloved by God--not be transfigured?

assaulting and assailing a 13 year old girl is the 4th century christian way of displaying love and has nothing to do with the Almighty, the 1st century events and recent events in this country were movements of love that you 4th century stooges do all you can to disassemble. this time around maybe the pendulum of peace can break your cycle of selfishness.

Well, in fairness, the DW reruns were kind of boring, anyway.

Gay Marriage is yet another failure of our political systems. Years before Gay Marriage even became an issue many of us were working on civil unions because the goal was to give gay couples the same rights as married couples enjoy in courts, in hospitals, in dying wishes, in inheritance, and in the tax code. We got an indulgent pat on the head from the government and were completely ignored.

No, what you got was the realization that "Civil Unions" are pretty much like a Colored Water fountain. It's a set-aside that stigmatizes a group as unequal. The states that actually tried this route quickly realized this and went to full gay marriage, as they should have.

The sacramental definition of marriage is the union of a man and a woman, the union of the two opposite sexes, for the purpose of creating new family units, which is the foundation of society--children who ideally have both mother and father. (Don't bother arguing other arrangements, it was understood alternate arrangements have always existed along with the ideal. I'm merely pointing out that at this point Gays recognized and honored all of this--and many still do. There is the ideal, and then there is the rest that is acceptable as well.)

Why is that an ideal? I've known gay couples who are great parents, and I know straight people who have the parenting skills of feral wolves. The fact is, 50% of marriages end in divorce and 40% of children are born to unmarried women. That would seem to be a much more serious problem than gays who want to say they are married, but won't have kids unless they adopt or use some kind of artificial means (insemination, surrogacy).

So other than getting close to the "God" argument, this is a non-starter. Families have much bigger problems than gays getting married.

Okay, back to the politicians ignoring us. Since the politicians would not give equal rights to unmarried couples, the anger and frustration built and so began the demand for gay marriage. While the gay community lost those of us who supported them on the civil rights issues for unmarried couples, they did capture the attention of the politicians, particularly those on the left. Thanks very much to our inept government officials, the lack of civil rights for unmarried couples still remains...and we inherited Gay Marriage.

again, not seeing how any of that is a problem. You really didn't make an argument about why gay marriage is bad, you just wonder why the won't accept the second class water fountain you've set up for them.

Most homosexuals are very much aware of the risks they take in engaging in sex with a same sex partner. There are above average health risks (even leaving out HIV) and mental health risks are higher as well. Knowing this, many gays and lesbians don't want the "approval" of heterosexuals, which they see as often patronizing. These people jump on the bandwagon of supporting gays to feel cool and open-minded about themselves, waving waved away health concerns as unimportant or even non-existent. (Not cool and open-minded to push people into ill health.) Simply respect their decision, recognizing the risks they face, and at least be happy (though it didn't go as originally intended) that as a couple the government is now willing to give them the rights and benefits they should have had to begin with.

Okay, it took you four whole paragraphs to get to the "I think it's Icky" argument, so I'll give you a little credit for that. In most of the world, HIV is a heterosexual disease, of course. Made a lot worse by the fact that YOUR CHURCH, the one you love so much, told people in developing countries that using a rubber was a sin. So maybe instead of blaming homosexuality for AIDS, we should blame religious stupidity. (Which, admittedly, is my default setting, anyway.)

To the point, besides the fact that LESBIANS have a much lower chance of transmitting HIV that straight couples, is that gay marriage would probably reduce the amount of multiple partners gays have, and reduce the spread of the disease, if that was really a concern.

Final Point- there's a whole shitload of behaviors that cause "ill-health" in this society, such as poor diet, smoking, drinking, and so on, and you moral busybodies don't seem to want to spend any time on that. It's them icky, icky gays having the butt sex.

People are entitled to their religious beliefs. Couples are entitled to equal rights under the law, be they a married couple or an unmarried couple. The Constitution is clear on equal rights and on religious freedoms. So what has our government done? They began trampling on religious freedom while still discriminating against unmarried couples. The stupid way government conducts business....

I don't want to impose my religion on anyone, I don't want others beliefs to impose on my beliefs. If the religion I choose to follow does not allow adultery or homosexual marriage, then those that choose to practice that in their life are free to do so and the religion should not fold to people that demand acceptance to feel fulfilled. It's called freedom, you don't want freedom, just what you deem to be freedom.

I don't want to impose my religion on anyone, I don't want others beliefs to impose on my beliefs. If the religion I choose to follow does not allow adultery or homosexual marriage, then those that choose to practice that in their life are free to do so and the religion should not fold to people that demand acceptance to feel fulfilled. It's called freedom, you don't want freedom, just what you deem to be freedom.

The good news is that people agree there should be rules. The bad news is that each individual believes s/he should be the exception to any rule they don't like or find inconvenient. People also believe there should be the ideal, while at the same time believing the level s/he is at (no matter how low) should be the level the ideal is set.

Yours is the side that wants to force decent people to recognize and treat an immoral, disgusting homosexual mockery of marriage as if it is comparable to genuine marriage.

Okay, homophobes aren't decent people. They hate irrationally.

Yours is the side that wants to force women and girls to endure the intrusion of creepy male perverts into their restrooms, dressing rooms, and similar facilities.

Guy, where do you think these trans women are peeing now?

Yours is the side that defends the savage, cold-blooded slaughter of thousands of innocent unborn children every day.

Fetuses aren't children, and women will have abortions no matter w hat the law is. Big hint- the birth rate didn't change after Roe v. Wade.

There is no way that you can spin it, to hide the obvious fact that yours is the side of madness, perversion, and outright evil. You have knowingly, willfully, deliberately chosen to reject good,and to embrace evil.

No, guy, the thing is, Jesus never talked about homosexuality and abortion. He did, however, talk about not being greedy, taking care of hte poor, forgiving your enemies, and a lot of other things you "Christians" ignore all the time.

daf53bbb8ee6faeca1fbc316a59f2269--anti-religion-poisons.jpg

No matter how much you may deny him, and mock him, you will eventually stand before God, and be held to account for the choices that you have made. I do not think that he will be pleased with you.

I don't think he exists, and you guys have offered no evidence that he does. Again, given what a horrible person you are being scared of Jesus, I'd hate to imagine what you'd be like if you didn't have a magic sky pixie scaring you into compliance.

You can have whatever backward ass racist, homophobic and hateful beliefs you want.

You just don't get a tax exemption for having them.

No, I picked up a lot of Dogma, and realized that they didn't even follow their own rules. I remember reading pretty clearly about "no Graven Images", and then seeing all the statues of the saints that we worshiped.

Saint Worship- another wonderful bit of soft polygamy. Yes, we can make any awful person a saint, such as St. Cyril of Alexandria, who killed the philosopher Hypatia and burned the library at Alexandria. Or Mother Theresa, who flew to the Mayo Clinic while she watched sick people die on the floor of her filthy hospital. These are the kind of people your church holds up as good examples.

That's a lot of superstitious mumbo-jumbo. Again, why does God let so many people get it wrong if he's so perfect?

The reason why so many Christians fail is because you've been so conditioned by fear that you can't use reasoning skills. Admittably, Atheism has a terrifying reality. When you die - nothing. No heaven, no hell, just the end of your linear existence.

And that's honestly, quite scary. So someone offers you this whole "puppies and sunshine and you get to see Grandma in the afterlife" schtick, and you'll give them money and go along with whatever hateful, illogical bullshit they serve on a plate for you.

No, I picked up a lot of Dogma, and realized that they didn't even follow their own rules. I remember reading pretty clearly about "no Graven Images", and then seeing all the statues of the saints that we worshiped.

Graven images go back to the time people believed the image of something (i.e. a calf) held the properties/powers of that image. In this way the totem was believed to be animate. Some primitive people still fear having their picture taken, believing some of their power is captured and taken with the picture. In fact as school children we were warned off belief in lucky pennies and lucky rabbits feet for this very reason.

Catholics have no belief that art sculpture has any power at all. Learn what a graven image actually is.

Saint Worship- another wonderful bit of soft polygamy. Yes, we can make any awful person a saint, such as St. Cyril of Alexandria, who killed the philosopher Hypatia and burned the library at Alexandria. Or Mother Theresa, who flew to the Mayo Clinic while she watched sick people die on the floor of her filthy hospital. These are the kind of people your church holds up as good examples.

Polygamy? :D I believe you mean polytheism. The Saints are no more than the Sports Hall of Fame. They are honored, not worshiped. I see you are quick to read any denigration of Mother Theresa, preferring that the poor die outside in a sewage gutter without care than inside with what little was available to give.

That's a lot of superstitious mumbo-jumbo. Again, why does God let so many people get it wrong if he's so perfect?

I don't know, Joe. Why do you choose to get it wrong? You could have delved more deeply, done further studies, but instead, happily embrace those conclusions you formed as a child. After all, our childhood selves were never wrong.

The reason why so many Christians fail is because you've been so conditioned by fear that you can't use reasoning skills. Admittably, Atheism has a terrifying reality. When you die - nothing. No heaven, no hell, just the end of your linear existence.

And that's honestly, quite scary. So someone offers you this whole "puppies and sunshine and you get to see Grandma in the afterlife" schtick, and you'll give them money and go along with whatever hateful, illogical bullshit they serve on a plate for you.

Don't be silly. Atheists delight in believing people are afraid of death and somehow they, as atheists, rose above all that. Pure straw. The truth is, all people (believers and non-believers alike) aren't afraid of death so much as they fear what will happen (to their young children, for example) if they die too young.

Joe, you are always building straw men to fight against. You pat yourself on the back for what you see as your reasoned thinking, which often comes across as sheer ignorance because of the "reasoning" is the product of your fight against straw men. At least do yourself the favor of learning the truth so that your reasoning can spring from something more solid than straw.

Graven images go back to the time people believed the image of something (i.e. a calf) held the properties/powers of that image. In this way the totem was believed to be animate. Some primitive people still fear having their picture taken, believing some of their power is captured and taken with the picture. In fact as school children we were warned off belief in lucky pennies and lucky rabbits feet for this very reason.

Catholics have no belief that art sculpture has any power at all. Learn what a graven image actually is.

I'm sorry, I see the little prayer candles in front of the Virgin (yeah, right) Mary and St. Francis, what do you think those are for?

Yeah, kids were told that the Rabbit's foot was bad but the Scapular would totally keep you out of Hell.

I believe you mean polytheism. The Saints are no more than the Sports Hall of Fame. They are honored, not worshiped. I see you are quick to read any denigration of Mother Theresa, preferring that the poor die outside in a sewage gutter without care than inside with what little was available to give.

MOther Theresa was a pious fraud who took money from the rich to agrandize herself and provide shitty care.

You see, the thing about a Hall of Fame is that a Hall of Fame has standards. Shoeless Joe Jackson won't get into the Hall of Fame and neither will Pete Rose. If only the Catholic Church had such standards.

Joe, you are always building straw men to fight against. You pat yourself on the back for what you see as your reasoned thinking, which often comes across as sheer ignorance because of the "reasoning" is the product of your fight against straw men. At least do yourself the favor of learning the truth so that your reasoning can spring from something more solid than straw.

Your fucked up, Child Molesting Church had 12 years to get it's point across to me, and it failed miserably. The only thing i am grateful for is that I got out of that with my bunghole intact.

You can have whatever backward ass racist, homophobic and hateful beliefs you want.

You just don't get a tax exemption for having them.

No racism, no homophobia, no hate. You claim that I impose my beliefs on others. I do no such thing and now you switch subjects.

By the way I'm not tax exempt and neither are you.

It's okay, we all understand. It will all be okay.

Sorry, dude, Twain really said that.

Other things Twain said about religion.

Man is a Religious Animal. He is the only Religious Animal. He is the only animal that has the True Religion--several of them. He is the only animal that loves his neighbor as himself and cuts his throat if his theology isn't straight. He has made a graveyard of the globe in trying his honest best to smooth his brother's path to happiness and heaven....The higher animals have no religion. And we are told that they are going to be left out in the Hereafter. I wonder why? It seems questionable taste.
- "The Lowest Animal"

Yours is the side that wants to force decent people to recognize and treat an immoral, disgusting homosexual mockery of marriage as if it is comparable to genuine marriage.

Okay, homophobes aren't decent people. They hate irrationally.

Yours is the side that wants to force women and girls to endure the intrusion of creepy male perverts into their restrooms, dressing rooms, and similar facilities.

Guy, where do you think these trans women are peeing now?

Yours is the side that defends the savage, cold-blooded slaughter of thousands of innocent unborn children every day.

Fetuses aren't children, and women will have abortions no matter w hat the law is. Big hint- the birth rate didn't change after Roe v. Wade.

There is no way that you can spin it, to hide the obvious fact that yours is the side of madness, perversion, and outright evil. You have knowingly, willfully, deliberately chosen to reject good,and to embrace evil.

No, guy, the thing is, Jesus never talked about homosexuality and abortion. He did, however, talk about not being greedy, taking care of hte poor, forgiving your enemies, and a lot of other things you "Christians" ignore all the time.

daf53bbb8ee6faeca1fbc316a59f2269--anti-religion-poisons.jpg

No matter how much you may deny him, and mock him, you will eventually stand before God, and be held to account for the choices that you have made. I do not think that he will be pleased with you.

I don't think he exists, and you guys have offered no evidence that he does. Again, given what a horrible person you are being scared of Jesus, I'd hate to imagine what you'd be like if you didn't have a magic sky pixie scaring you into compliance.
Christ cannot be a "Christian", because Jesus is THE CHRIST. In other words, Jesus cannot be Messianic because He is the Messiah. Christ/Messiah is the focus of Christian worship and not among its believers...

Christ did speak of marriage and He did attend wedding. He would not qualify anything but the union between a man and a woman as marriage. Christ designed marriage to be only between a man and a woman (as He created and ordained it to be) so that they may be one flesh and beget children between them.

Transgender individuals are the product of modern human intervention and manipulation and not of godly or "natural" design. I know Christ exists because I witnessed and see how the world has turned totally idiotic and lacking any humility or common sense. Instead children in public schools cannot be told of God but can be told that "gay" marriage is equal with normal biological relations. The governments of the world are defining for the "common peasants" what constitutes marriage. The government is making itself the focus of inspiration and worship (a national religion where government is god). Babies in the womb are worthless if the mother says so. And this has occurred very quickly. 50 years ago I would not even have imagined that the 9/11 event could happen in the United States and that North Korea would have Atomic weapons and that Democrats would willing to do anything for votes and not get it when citizens say enough is enough.

You say you do not believe in God, yet you have provided proof that He doesn't exist. Death and misery in and of itself isn't a rational proof. The Bible clearly states over and over the reasons such things have happened, will happen, and will happen more frequently ---- with more intensity ---- SIN! The very environment according to the Bible will vomit as a direct result of man's unwillingness to turn from his wicked ways. A nation that respects GOD will grow in relative peace and security. Any nation that ignores God will find itself behind the 8 ball with greater and greater worries, trials, unrest, helplessness, violence, decadence, and the list goes on and on and on...

Last edited:
Christ did speak of marriage and He did attend wedding. He would not qualify anything but the union between a man and a woman as marriage. Christ designed marriage to be only between a man and a woman (as He created and ordained it to be) so that they may be one flesh and beget children between them.

Actually, here's what the bible says about marriage.

It is good for a man not to touch a woman. Nevertheless, to avoid fornication, let every man have his own wife, and let every woman have her own husband. 1 Corinthians 7:1-2

For I would that all men were even as I myself.... I say therefore to the unmarried and widows, It is good for them if they abide even as I. But if they cannot contain, let them marry: for it is better to marry than to burn. 1 Corinthians 7:7-9

Art thou bound unto a wife? seek not to be loosed. Art thou loosed from a wife? seek not a wife. 1 Corinthians 7:27

But this I say, brethren, the time is short: it remaineth, that both they that have wives be as though they had none. -- 1 Corinthians 7:29

Doesn't sound like a rousing endorsement for marriage to me.

You say you do not believe in God, yet you have provided proof that He doesn't exist. Death and misery in and of itself isn't a rational proof. The Bible clearly states over and over the reasons such things have happened, will happen, and will happen more frequently ---- with more intensity ---- SIN! The very environment according to the Bible will vomit as a direct result of man's unwillingness to turn from his wicked ways. A nation that respects GOD will grow in relative peace and security. Any nation that ignores God will find itself behind the 8 ball with greater and greater worries, trials, unrest, helplessness, violence, decadence, and the list goes on and on and on...

Uh, Buddy, I think you are a little confused. It's not up to me to provide proof that God doesn't exist. It's on you guys to prove he does.

There's more evidence of existence of the Loch Ness Monster and Bigfoot than there is of God.

big-foot-loch-ness.jpg

Forum List

Back