Morgan Freeman on Oscars Diversity: It Starts With Industry, Not the Academy

Morgan Freeman on Oscars Diversity: It Starts With Industry, Not the Academy

What do you make of this year’s #OscarsSoWhite controversy?t to talk about diversity in the film industry, we don’t need to start with the Academy Awards. We need to start somewhere way back — with the producers, the directors, the casting agents, the writers. It should be an open field. I think in today’s world, if you look out there, that’s what would reflect today’s America.

Is Hollywood getting better or worse when it comes to diversity?
Of course it’s getting better. Don’t look at the few movies we make nowadays. Look at television, where you’re resting in your living room every night. It’s full of diversity. That reflects Hollywood.

But there’s a feeling that movies should also reflect that.
It depends on who is writing them and what story they want to tell.

One of the most prominent black actors in the history of Hollywood calls the Oscar controversy "just noise". :clap:
It is just noise. Complaining about old white men not appreciating Black actors has to be one of the bigger disappointments I have had this year.
Face it, black people need our approval. You guys have to earn it though.
Yes some Blacks still have that slave mentality and seek the approval of whites. As sad as that is we can all be confident no Black person seeks your approval.

He has to. He is Hollywood. He doesn't wanna belong to something racist.

This is a hard truth. But white actors sell more tickets in general. It's just a fact. A few superstar exceptions like Halle and Denzel or Will Smith of course. But...they are also world class actors, absolute perfectionists at their skill so they are that good. The Tom Bradys of their profession.

But in general....white actors sell.more tickets.
Blacks always have to be 10 times better than a white person. Its part of the white persons privilege. Black people literally have to be the Micheal Jordan of what ever profession they are in. This is a truth taught to me when I was younger and worked to my advantage. I never wasted time complaining about recognition from whites. I figured my pay was enough to validate me.

Black people are just not very good. They complain about having to be better. They are really mediocre. Denzel Washington is about the best black actor there is. Will Smith isn't very good but he's likeable.

Black actresses are even worse. There isn't a decent actress in the lot of them. Halle Berry got her Oscar in blackness. Her role was nothing to rave about.

Minorities have been force fed into television but not because their acting is good. It's because they are forced in roles.

Black people are just not very good. They complain about having to be better. They are really mediocre. Denzel Washington is about the best black actor there is. Will Smith isn't very good but he's likeable.

Black actresses are even worse. There isn't a decent actress in the lot of them. Halle Berry got her Oscar in blackness. Her role was nothing to rave about.

Minorities have been force fed into television but not because their acting is good. It's because they are forced in roles.
Black people are exceptional and consistently great. There is a reason whites have to discriminate. They are insecure about their own abilities. We know this is true because they have repeatedly tried to convince everyone they were better and Blacks were worse. Those are the hall marks of an insecure type.

Black people are exceptional and consistently great. There is a reason whites have to discriminate. They are insecure about their own abilities. We know this is true because they have repeatedly tried to convince everyone they were better and Blacks were worse. Those are the hall marks of an insecure type.
Yeah yeah yeah. We see it every day. Blacks are superior. That's why Africa is so great.

I don't blame you. You're black. It's not like accepting the reality of black failure is easy.

Yeah yeah yeah. We see it every day. Blacks are superior. That's why Africa is so great.

I don't blame you. You're black. It's not like accepting the reality of black failure is easy.
Yes Blacks and Africa is great. Thanks for admitting that. I thought so too the first time I went to Africa. The feeling was indescribable.

You dont have to blame me. I didnt have anything to do with it. I was just born Black. I love it.

Forum List

Back