more winning-tariffs lead to layoffs

It's soooooo bad that other countries have been using them against us for over a decade............derp.
And which country is the one that’s so wealthy and powerful it makes the others look like jokes? But let’s copy their economic model. Fabulous.
Which country and workers are you routing for...........German Auto maker jobs or American auto working jobs.

Do you support our chicken farmers and timber industry or Canada's..........

It's real simple........remove your dang tariffs against us and well do the same...........Grow a set.
Never took you for a liberal. Enjoy your higher taxes for work that became obsolete here decades ago. Backwards is the new forwards. :rolleyes:
I've been against these agreements since the 90's ...............And they AREN'T FREE NOW ARE THEY............If it were Free they wouldn't be subsidizing their products and placing 270% on chicken.................

Stop subsidizing and put that chicken to 0% and we will compete with Canada head to head.

Germany........auto makers put 25% against our auto's and Trucks........we have 2% on theirs........Put that to 2% and we will compete........

That has nothing to do with protectionism......which I'm not against.....it's FAIR TRADE.........Germany and Canada are supposed to be our allies.......START ACTING LIKE IT.
Their taxes are paying for you to have lower prices, and you’re complaining. So your solution is to raise our taxes, most adversely affecting the lower and middle classes. For fucks sake, the one thing left that was admirable about the GOP was smart economics, and now you’ve tossed that out in hubris.

It's soooooo bad that other countries have been using them against us for over a decade............derp.
And which country is the one that’s so wealthy and powerful it makes the others look like jokes? But let’s copy their economic model. Fabulous.
Which country and workers are you routing for...........German Auto maker jobs or American auto working jobs.

It's real simple........remove your dang tariffs against us and well do the same...........Grow a set.
Never took you for a liberal. Enjoy your higher taxes for work that became obsolete here decades ago. Backwards is the new forwards. :rolleyes:
I've been against these agreements since the 90's ...............And they AREN'T FREE NOW ARE THEY............If it were Free they wouldn't be subsidizing their products and placing 270% on chicken.................

Stop subsidizing and put that chicken to 0% and we will compete with Canada head to head.

Germany........auto makers put 25% against our auto's and Trucks........we have 2% on theirs........Put that to 2% and we will compete........

That has nothing to do with protectionism......which I'm not against.....it's FAIR TRADE.........Germany and Canada are supposed to be our allies.......START ACTING LIKE IT.
Their taxes are paying for you to have lower prices, and you’re complaining. So your solution is to raise our taxes, most adversely affecting the lower and middle classes. For fucks sake, the one thing left that was admirable about the GOP was smart economics, and now you’ve tossed that out in hubris.
They are screwing jobs...........The price isn't that much more.......And Americans work............The money doesn't go to Canada...........

Pardon me when I don't give a damn if I pay a little more your Made in America............

Subsidies to drive out the competition is a road to Monopolization.............which is BS............

Hey Dip Shit….

You are not smart enough to see the big picture…

that's nice, honey

the killer is i'm not stupid enough to be a trumpling

how do you do it? oxygen deprivation?

It's called logic and common sense Dip Shit...

yeah, okay

did you get the call from mensa?

No, not that I know of.

I have been in the middle of a complex experimental surgery

where we try to improve on the liberal brain by adding White Matter

from a retarded monkey….

I may have missed their call………

I feel so sorry for that poor monkey….

What a waste….

They are screwing jobs...........The price isn't that much more.......And Americans work............The money doesn't go to Canada...........

Pardon me when I don't give a damn if I pay a little more your Made in America............

Subsidies to drive out the competition is a road to Monopolization.............which is BS............
Hey if you want to pay higher taxes then there’s probably nothing I can say to dissuade you. You’ve picked which jobs you want to help a little, which ones you want to hurt a lot, and voted for big fed gubmint to force your decision on us all. I’ll keep pointing out that tariffs never work. It’s why despite having almost double our population, the EU can’t match our GDP. Terrible, liberal policy.

Hey if you want to pay higher taxes then there’s probably nothing I can say to dissuade you. You’ve picked which jobs you want to help a little, which ones you want to hurt a lot, and voted for big fed gubmint to force your decision on us all. I’ll keep pointing out that tariffs never work. It’s why despite having almost double our population, the EU can’t match our GDP. Terrible, liberal policy.
We import the GDP of Germany......................and if we match tariffs on vehicles...........guess what..........we sell more American autos in America.....

Happened in the early 80's..........that's why they started building the cars here.

anyone who's read a 9th grade history book knew this was coming, so it's probably a surprise to trump.

The first casualties of President Trump's trade war are 60 workers at Mid-Continent Nail, America's largest nail manufacturer. They lost their jobs on June 15 at a factory in a part of Missouri that voted overwhelmingly for Trump. The whole company could be out of business by Labor Day.

This is a potential game changer in Trump's trade strategy, especially if it marks the start of more companies announcing layoffs. On Monday, Harley-Davidson said it will be moving some “production” offshore because of the trade war (Europe hit Harley with a 31 percent tariff in response to Trump's steel tariffs on Europe). Harley won't confirm if jobs are leaving the United States, but the union representing many Harley workers, the International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers, is worried.

Mid-Continent Nail blames the layoffs on Trump's tariffs and the company says all 500 employees could lose their jobs by Labor Day. The next round of cuts could come in a matter of days.

The trouble for the company started at the end of May when Trump put a hefty 25 percent tariff on steel imports from Mexico and Canada. Mid-Continent had been importing steel from Mexico that American workers would then turn into nails.

After the tariff, the company was forced to hike its prices and customers fled. Orders are a mere 30 percent of what they were a year ago, said George Skarich, the vice president of sales. He suspects many customers are now buying Chinese nails.

Analysis | The first layoffs from Trump’s tariffs are here

Maybe the company should use US steel, instead of supporting Mexico.

By your own admission Harley is in trouble because of EU tariffs, not President Trump’s. The EU has always had big tariffs on Harley. If “tariffs don’t work” then why does the EU keep using them?

anyone who's read a 9th grade history book knew this was coming, so it's probably a surprise to trump.

The first casualties of President Trump's trade war are 60 workers at Mid-Continent Nail, America's largest nail manufacturer. They lost their jobs on June 15 at a factory in a part of Missouri that voted overwhelmingly for Trump. The whole company could be out of business by Labor Day.

This is a potential game changer in Trump's trade strategy, especially if it marks the start of more companies announcing layoffs. On Monday, Harley-Davidson said it will be moving some “production” offshore because of the trade war (Europe hit Harley with a 31 percent tariff in response to Trump's steel tariffs on Europe). Harley won't confirm if jobs are leaving the United States, but the union representing many Harley workers, the International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers, is worried.

Mid-Continent Nail blames the layoffs on Trump's tariffs and the company says all 500 employees could lose their jobs by Labor Day. The next round of cuts could come in a matter of days.

The trouble for the company started at the end of May when Trump put a hefty 25 percent tariff on steel imports from Mexico and Canada. Mid-Continent had been importing steel from Mexico that American workers would then turn into nails.

After the tariff, the company was forced to hike its prices and customers fled. Orders are a mere 30 percent of what they were a year ago, said George Skarich, the vice president of sales. He suspects many customers are now buying Chinese nails.

One of the things not discussed is that when you have a product and there is a sticker on it that says “made in Mexico”, you know the price will rise. However, there are a great many items that are hidden inside of cars, boats, electronic devices with countries of unknown origin.

What It Takes To Be "Made In The USA"

:abgg2q.jpg:There are none so stupid, so blind, so ignorant and pathetic to see that Donald Trump is all about me, me me and me!! Keep up the good work TRump, can't wait to see every stupid mf that voted for your ass out of a job!!!:yes_text12:

Senco is still going strong. Mayhap Mid-Continent Nail should run their business better.

One of the things not discussed is that when you have a product and there is a sticker on it that says “made in Mexico”, you know the price will rise. However, there are a great many items that are hidden inside of cars, boats, electronic devices with countries of unknown origin.

What It Takes To Be "Made In The USA"
Country of origin battle happened in the WTO courts..........Mexico and Canada sued us over beef and the country origin label...........The WTO then allowed them to tariff our asses off on the issue........until we changed the law...........Yeah.........we need the WTO..............pfft.

Well, you know, delski, the point of tariffs is to encourage domestic production.

Companies have been buying steel made in China and rebranded in Mexico and Canada almost since NAFTA took effect.
No, it was going on in the 1980's with Japanese steel.

They almost financially took the US over in the late 80s.
We countered them with quotas.........and that's when they started building plants in America............Jobs here..........They financed the new plants creating American jobs.

Well, you know, delski, the point of tariffs is to encourage domestic production.

Companies have been buying steel made in China and rebranded in Mexico and Canada almost since NAFTA took effect.

Bullshit. You are a liar. 70 percent of the steel used in the US is made in the US. Protectionism is not needed.

Forum List

Back