More popular than Jesus

What happens to a nation when it becomes so dumb it believes the impossible. While 'dumb' is politically incorrect, if we call it 'easy to deceive' have we enlightened anyone. Once in a while I will watch the nonsense that passes for science on cable TV and wonder at its appeal? Consider the implication that anything thrown out into the knowledge sphere of television and internet media is believed by some so that eventually anything can be believed? Knowledge can be so fragile a thing, is it any wonder history is filled with much insanity in the name of sense? Whoa wait a second, I think I hear a spaceship outside the door, be back soon.

What happens to a nation when it becomes so dumb it believes the impossible. While 'dumb' is politically incorrect, if we call it 'easy to deceive' have we enlightened anyone. Once in a while I will watch the nonsense that passes for science on cable TV and wonder at its appeal? Consider the implication that anything thrown out into the knowledge sphere of television and internet media is believed by some so that eventually anything can be believed? Knowledge can be so fragile a thing, is it any wonder history is filled with much insanity in the name of sense? Whoa wait a second, I think I hear a spaceship outside the door, be back soon.
Any group of people who turn away from GOD are bound to believe most anything else!

Any group of people who turn away from GOD are bound to believe most anything else!

Would say people who believe in gods are already primed for believing even more absurd things. God's ana lien too anyway. If he created the Earth he obviously can't be from the Earth thus is an alien. Judaism, Christianity, Islam, Mormons, all UFO cults. :)

No, not the Beatles. :)

"A National Geographic survey says 77 percent of all Americans believe there are signs that aliens have visited Earth. A Harris poll says 68 percent of all Americans believe that Jesus is the son of God. A HuffPost/YouGov poll shows that 45 percent believe in ghosts..."
There Is a 13,000 Year Old Black Knight Satellite Orbiting the Earth
Well, I do believe that angles exist and that Crist paid us a visit.

Angles absolutely exist. ;)

"A National Geographic survey says 77 percent of all Americans believe there are signs that aliens have visited Earth.

Best evidence is gliphs on the Atacama desert floor...

... that can only be made out from up in the sky.

"A National Geographic survey says 77 percent of all Americans believe there are signs that aliens have visited Earth.

Best evidence is gliphs on the Atacama desert floor...

... that can only be made out from up in the sky.

I go the other way, best evidence aliens haven't visited the Earth is we're still here.

Yep, and is she pissed.

No, not the Beatles. :)

"A National Geographic survey says 77 percent of all Americans believe there are signs that aliens have visited Earth. A Harris poll says 68 percent of all Americans believe that Jesus is the son of God. A HuffPost/YouGov poll shows that 45 percent believe in ghosts..."
There Is a 13,000 Year Old Black Knight Satellite Orbiting the Earth

People are always going to believe what either makes the most sense to them or what is most convenient to them to suit their lifestyles/desires/interests etc.

There is more proof of Jesus than Aliens, yet, people will ignore the Christian proof or not even delve or investigate the facts of the Bible and Christianity. But will continue to look at other avenues for proof AGAINST Christianity.

This is Satan's world. Why would anyone be surprised?

There is more proof of Jesus than Aliens,
Not that he is the son of god. Equal proof.
Well, Jesus healed the sick, gave sight to the blind, walked on water, calmed storms, filled nets with an abundance of fish, was marveled at for His interpretation of the Bible, brought the dead back to life, made the lame to walk, changed water into wine, straightened crooked limbs, knew intimate facts about "strangers", and arose from the dead. I'm sure there are many other things that were not recorded.

We have more recorded historic data concerning Christ and His life than most secular history which most accept without a second thought. This would include the Trojan War as an example.

The Sumerians wrote about "gods" that came from the skies, and created humans, and eventually human civilization. They created the AD.IM in the ED.IN, using their genes to create a being suitable for their purposes. These Anunnaki rulers and the stories about them eventually became the basis of the OT after being passed along verbally for 2000 years, just like the telephone game.

We have way more historic data concerning the real origins of the bible, than all the stories that the bible was rewritten to say.

God may be real, but it is not what the Bible says.

The Sumerians wrote about "gods" that came from the skies, and created humans, and eventually human civilization. They created the AD.IM in the ED.IN, using their genes to create a being suitable for their purposes. These Anunnaki rulers and the stories about them eventually became the basis of the OT after being passed along verbally for 2000 years, just like the telephone game.

We have way more historic data concerning the real origins of the bible, than all the stories that the bible was rewritten to say.

God may be real, but it is not what the Bible says.
The very same Scriptures that Jesus explained as a boy of 12 to the wonderment of the temple teachers in Jerusalem, are totally available to anyone to read today. They collectively are called the OLD TESTAMENT. And this are available in Hebrew, if that is how you would prefer to read it. I accept one TRIUNE essence called GOD. There are no other eternally always existing beings. The angels were created messengers and guardians. We have been given the privilege to live with GOD throughout eternity future.

What you speak about is paganism and always amounts to the elevation of mortal men and not their salvation. All the pagan rulers ----- all the way to Japan's Emperor were once considered Gods.

'Belief' in things that have no evidence is why televangelists are multimillionaires, Limbaugh and the rest have jobs, Faux News exists, 'ghost hunting' shows are popular (the formula for every single episode is, "let's set up our equipment...what was that?...found nothing but played spooky music, let's do it again next week"), bigfoot hunting shows are popular(same formula as ghost shows), and doomsday preppers think themselves coherent.

That so many human beings can be so easily fooled is a testament to the omnipotent power of fear.

Forum List

Back