MORE LIBERAL INSANITY New York outlaws open doors & windows if you have the air conditioner on.

To offset climate change this is the kind of draconian measures you expect to see a lot more of in the years to come.

Energy to power a/c comes from what's causing the climate change. If you're leaving windows n doors open you're wasting energy adding unnecessary strain on the climate.

If you resent this sort of thing reconsider your position on climate change. Compared to what's coming, this is nothing.

Like I told my dad when bought my first house "I can try to air condition Texas now if I fing want to......"

New York Nanny Statist. Hope it goes down like the Big Gulp.

Well if people are dumb enough to run their ac and open their doors and windows, I guess we need a law.

De Blasio is a Marxist queer which will transform NYC to a turd world sewage.All countries and cities ran by commies failed and ruined.No one human with sound mind follow free crazy ideas of leftists therefore they force them per laws or violence.

De Blasio is a Marxist queer which will transform NYC to a turd world sewage.All countries and cities ran by commies failed and ruined.No one human with sound mind follow free crazy ideas of leftists therefore they force them per laws or violence.

I imagine you in your pajamas, in your front yard, yelling that at passing cars. Good job.

Another example of why the far left should never be in charge of anything, especially government..

Why? Because running your air conditioner with the windows open is a sacred RWnut ritual?

Yep. I'm paying the bill.
I'm in SW Florida have sliding doors that lead out to the lanai and pool. Leave them open all the time.
I also have a hot tub that I leave heated all year even though I don't use it.
We fall asleep every night leaving 1 or 2 tvs on.
Hell my electric bill is higher than my mortgage.

Another example of why the far left should never be in charge of anything, especially government..

Why? Because running your air conditioner with the windows open is a sacred RWnut ritual?

Yep. I'm paying the bill.
I'm in SW Florida have sliding doors that lead out to the lanai and pool. Leave them open all the time.
I also have a hot tub that I leave heated all year even though I don't use it.
We fall asleep every night leaving 1 or 2 tvs on.
Hell my electric bill is higher than my mortgage.

So you're an idiot. Good for you. My electric bill was 98 bucks last month.

No it is a far left ritual as they believe they should share their cool air with everyone, right?

Or do you claim that sharing is only a right wing thing?

"MORE LIBERAL INSANITY New York outlaws open doors & windows if you have the air conditioner on."

More ridiculous lies from the reprehensible right.

Nowhere is anyone in the linked article identified as a 'liberal.'

And the ordinance has nothing to do with 'your doors,' the policy applies solely to commercial establishments, and appropriately so.

From the linked article:

“But there is little debate that letting cool air-conditioned air spill into the streets and skies of New York is a waste of energy, and the legislation in New York — enforcement mechanisms aside — attempts to help the city cut its energy use in the easiest ways possible, like energy efficiency.”

Consequently, private citizens are at liberty to keep their doors and windows open with their air conditioning running, however idiotic; private, noncommercial dwellings are not subject to the ordinance, as the reprobate OP implies.

Forum List

Back