More ignorance about supposed racism

Iron Maiden , man you guys need to listen to something from this century. IMO Maiden's instrumentals were too high and their lyrics were too high. I preferred Metallica ( Old ) to Maiden because their instrumentals were more complex and the lyric much better. Plus James' vocals were much better than Maiden's.

Only thing Metallica had going for it was their guitar solos ... the rest was old rehashed and borrowed ... much like today's music.

I just didn't like Maiden's instrumentals myself. How do you feel about Pantera ?

Hmm ... can't remember what they sound like so probably not well.

I am more of a Nirvana and Marylin Manson fan, though of the newest bands I love Gorillaz ... obviously. I do like Beck to, but not as much as Manson.

I never really got into those bands, my tastes take me down the more REAL metal route.

if the next post of yours doesn't have Cannibal Corpse or Slayer or some ghost face, sword wielding band from Norway then i'm going to be real disappointed in your input here.

if the next post of yours doesn't have Cannibal Corpse or Slayer or some ghost face, sword wielding band from Norway then i'm going to be real disappointed in your input here.

CC I don't like them. I hate their vocal style. Slayer was cooler back in the day, but they're doing better now.

When it comes to metal, JB prefers the industrial, black symphonic, gotik, doom, melodic black, and progressive varieties

Never was too keen on speed, gore, death, glam, or thrash, metal

nu metal.. some bands were good, some were not. Few who are called Nu-Metal are actually metal.

I'm more into the brutal Black Metal, I HATE Nu Metal. I'll post some good blogs to find real metal bands.

Of course we still employ racist stereotypes in our movies.

The various TV Star Trek characters (in all the variants of that show) are all stereotypes of one kind or the other.

The more "general" the audience the fiction is aimed at, the more likely that fiction is going to use easily identiable stereotypes.

Why?

Because the authors are lazy, and they know their audience has a median 100 IQ, that's why.

But here's the thing...stereotypes seldom come out of thin air.

They exist and they work so well precisely because there is a kernal (sometimes a whole bushel) of truth to the stereotype.

Actually I feel no sympathy for anyone who makes moronic choices and ruins their lives and futures regardless of their race.

In the not so distant past those choices did not include which rest room to use, which seat one could occupy in the theatre or bus if black, which hotel one could stay in (regardless if the person is a headliner at that hotel in Vegas), which job was suitable for your race (if black), where you could live in a city, if you could or could not move (if you were a sharecropper in debt to "the boss" you could not), you could not choose to marry outside your race, whether or not you could vote...etc ad naseum.
Today we have black billionaires (winfrey), millionaires (sports), CEO's (Aetna Insurance and FedX), President, Physicians (Clark of John Hopkins). In other words achievement at all levels when race is removed from the picture.
The ignorant and lower classes of all races will continue with racist remarks as they search for someone less than themselves.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back