more hope, change and transparency

del

Diamond Member
Sep 3, 2008
on a one way cul-de-sac
The Obama administration is fighting to block access to names of visitors to the White House, taking up the Bush administration argument that a president doesn't have to reveal who comes calling to influence policy decisions.

Despite President Barack Obama's pledge to introduce a new era of transparency to Washington, and despite two rulings by a federal judge that the records are public, the Secret Service has denied msnbc.com's request for the names of all White House visitors from Jan. 20 to the present. It also denied a narrower request by the nonpartisan watchdog group Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington, which sought logs of visits by executives of coal companies.

CREW says it will file a lawsuit Tuesday against the Department of Homeland Security, which oversees the Secret Service.

Obama blocks access to White House visitor list - White House- msnbc.com

Frankly, why does anyone find this surprising? Bracak Obama is a politician and knows the difference between a campaign slogan and actually being in the office. One was his marketing tool to actually get people who would otherwise not vote for him to do so. You really didn't think he meant it when he said he was going to "change" did you? How can someone who was in Washington change Washington as an outsider? The whole notion of "change" was nothing more than a marketing gimick that enough people bought into to get him elected. I find it somewhat of a "double standard" that the same people who tore George Bush down daily, simply dismiss Obama for doing the same exact things, case in point this!!

Frankly, why does anyone find this surprising? Bracak Obama is a politician and knows the difference between a campaign slogan and actually being in the office. One was his marketing tool to actually get people who would otherwise not vote for him to do so. You really didn't think he meant it when he said he was going to "change" did you? How can someone who was in Washington change Washington as an outsider? The whole notion of "change" was nothing more than a marketing gimick that enough people bought into to get him elected. I find it somewhat of a "double standard" that the same people who tore George Bush down daily, simply dismiss Obama for doing the same exact things, case in point this!!

Intellect,, tells us you speak truth.. butdemocwats need their faces washed in "hope and change" every day,, they are the DUmmies who voted for this joke1

I don't find it surprising

I'm just busy laughing at the ones that bought the shit he was selling... hook, line, and sinker

[youtube]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/s3_jh2dO78U&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/s3_jh2dO78U&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/youtube]

The Obama Justice Department last week wrote a brief in support of the Defense of Marriage Act, which as a candidate then-Sen. Obama called &#8220;abhorrent.&#8221;

The brief, which compared in legal terms same-sex marriages to incestuous ones, has met with some anger in the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender (LGBT) community, among others.
Gay Rights Group Tells President Obama That His Pro-DOMA Legal Brief Caused LGBT Community Pain - Political Punch

As I said before, it's all about how to get elected and using a campaign slogan to your advantage. I wonder what the slogan is going to be in 2012? "Maybe" is a good suggestion As I said in my previous post, the media spent literally hours and hours accusing Bush of causing everything from the common cold to your kid getting bad grades and now it's nothing but, "silence" when the current "CHANGE" president gets in there and doing the same exact thing. Want and even better example, how about the recent, Auto-Bailouts, sound familier, he picked up right where Bush left off with TARP. I will say this though, when he said "Change" he meant it when it came to apologizing to every terrorist state he could come up with.

In France, Obama told his audience that America "has shown arrogance and been dismissive, even derisive" toward Europe.

In Prague, Obama -- in true world utopian fashion -- pledged his "conviction" that America will "seek the peace and security of a world without nuclear weapons." So we will give up our ability to defend ourselves, if you'll just like us.

In Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago, Obama sat passively while the Marxist Hugo Chavez handed him an American-bashing book and delivered another revile-America speech, while never once rising to defend our country.

In Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago, Obama again sat passively while the Marxist Daniel Ortega blamed the United States for a century of what he called terroristic U.S. aggression in Central America, again emitting not a whisper of defense on our country's behalf. His best response was: Please don't blame him because he wasn't president then.

Obama's 'World Apology Tour' no leadership effort

The Obama Justice Department last week wrote a brief in support of the Defense of Marriage Act, which as a candidate then-Sen. Obama called “abhorrent.”

The brief, which compared in legal terms same-sex marriages to incestuous ones, has met with some anger in the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender (LGBT) community, among others.
Gay Rights Group Tells President Obama That His Pro-DOMA Legal Brief Caused LGBT Community Pain - Political Punch

As I said before, it's all about how to get elected and using a campaign slogan to your advantage. I wonder what the slogan is going to be in 2012? "Maybe" is a good suggestion As I said in my previous post, the media spent literally hours and hours accusing Bush of causing everything from the common cold to your kid getting bad grades and now it's nothing but, "silence" when the current "CHANGE" president gets in there and doing the same exact thing. Want and even better example, how about the recent, Auto-Bailouts, sound familier, he picked up right where Bush left off with TARP. I will say this though, when he said "Change" he meant it when it came to apologizing to every terrorist state he could come up with.

In France, Obama told his audience that America "has shown arrogance and been dismissive, even derisive" toward Europe.

In Prague, Obama -- in true world utopian fashion -- pledged his "conviction" that America will "seek the peace and security of a world without nuclear weapons." So we will give up our ability to defend ourselves, if you'll just like us.

In Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago, Obama sat passively while the Marxist Hugo Chavez handed him an American-bashing book and delivered another revile-America speech, while never once rising to defend our country.

In Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago, Obama again sat passively while the Marxist Daniel Ortega blamed the United States for a century of what he called terroristic U.S. aggression in Central America, again emitting not a whisper of defense on our country's behalf. His best response was: Please don't blame him because he wasn't president then.

Change we can believe in.

I'm just busy laughing at the ones that bought the shit he was selling... hook, line, and sinker

They ALL do a sales job on the campaign trail. Are you kidding? Someone once defined the words of campaign promises equal to poetry, and reality equal to prose.

It's clear that many of you haven't been through enough campaigns and elections to know the difference.

The Obama Justice Department last week wrote a brief in support of the Defense of Marriage Act, which as a candidate then-Sen. Obama called “abhorrent.”

Obama has never supported same-sex marriage. As for the rest of your quoted material, it's about time the United States stopped acting like a sainted global power, better and "above" everyone else, when any novice history buff knows we are not.

They ALL do a sales job on the campaign trail. Are you kidding? Someone once defined the words of campaign promises equal to poetry, and reality equal to prose.

It's clear that many of you haven't been through enough campaigns and elections to know the difference.

oh, i think it's clear that some percentage of the 53% of voters who voted for him don't know the difference.
i certainly do.
that's why i didn't vote for him. same bullshit, different dispenser.

Did I say that McCain did not put on a sales job?? Nope... but nice try.. do I think that REPs have not been silver tongued devils??? Nope

But what we DID hear was the parroting of all the Obamabots about his "change"... about how he was "different"... and re-spewing his bullshit as gospel... and as a matter of fact, most all of them STILL DO RE-SPEW IT

• Thanks
Reactions: del
Obama has never supported same-sex marriage. As for the rest of your quoted material, it's about time the United States stopped acting like a sainted global power, better and "above" everyone else, when any novice history buff knows we are not.

In all of the posts where we banter about liberal and conservative, never has the difference between us been so clearly enunciated.

America is better and "above" other nations.

Never in history has there been a document like the Constitution.

Never in history has there been a nation that accumulated so much power and used it so judiciously.

Alexis de Tocqueville first wrote of America as ‘exceptional’ in 1835.

"We are the oldest continuing democracy in the world. . . . We don't make refugees, we admit them. When the rich of the world get sick, they come here to be treated, and when their children come of age, they send them here to our universities. We have a supple political system open to reform, and a wildly diverse culture that has moments of stress but plenty of give. . . . The point is that while terrible challenges face us -- improving a sick public education system, ending the easy-money culture, rebuilding the economy -- we are building from an extraordinary, brilliant, and enduring base."
Peggy Noonan, WSJ

“In most countries in the world your fate and your identity are handed to you; in America, you determine them for yourself. America is a country where you get to writh the script of your own life. Your life is like a blank sheet of paper, and you are the artist. This notion of being the architect of your own destiny is the incredibly powerful idea that is behind the worldwide appeal of America.” Dinesh D’Souza, born in India.

You should be ashamed of yourself.

Maggie, I suppose it's a matter of perception as to the "sainted global power, and "above everyone else" as you can no doubt see, I don't fall into the catagory that the United States owes an apology to anyone for it's trying to rid the world of "extremists" no matter what form of belief structure they happen to hold to. If these nations that harbor people that kill innocent people namely American citizens believe that the United States is acting as a global power then so be it. I hope they do, because that is exactly how I would want them to feel. As for Americans feeling that way, then I would suggest they do not know too much about history themselves. This nation has a long history of seeking out nations and individuals that harm Americans dating back beyond the Barbary Pirates and one would harldy consider the United States a world power at that time. so IMHO it's a perception that some Americans have of this nation wrong that it may be of their own nation, but still it does not negate the fact, this nation owe's no apology for defending itself against those who would harm it's citizens wherever they may be.

hey look..............in our new open full disclosure government.......you won't get to know who is visiting our president......not that you knew when bush was in there.....

but it was sneaky when bush did it and it is for national security now.....

Obama blocks access to White House visitor list - White House- msnbc.com

The Obama administration is fighting to block access to names of visitors to the White House, taking up the Bush administration argument that a president doesn't have to reveal who comes calling to influence policy decisions.

Despite President Barack Obama's pledge to introduce a new era of transparency to Washington, and despite two rulings by a federal judge that the records are public, the Secret Service has denied msnbc.com's request for the names of all White House visitors from Jan. 20 to the present. It also denied a narrower request by the nonpartisan watchdog group Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington, which sought logs of visits by executives of coal companies.

threads merged

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel

It isn't the "sales" job that has US concerned. It's the "snow" job that the millions got buried by.

When I read this earlier, the two things that came to mind were:

1.) "No matter what the costs, no matter what the consequences, John McCain seems determined to carry out a third Bush term."
Obama: McCain represents a third Bush term - First Read - msnbc.com

2.) Barack Obama entered the presidency promising a new kind of leadership in Washington, and after observing him for nearly 100 days in the White House, most Americans do say he is not your typical politician, according to the latest New York Times/CBS News poll.
Times/CBS News Poll: Obama is a Different Kind of Politician - The Caucus Blog - NYTimes.com

Anyone else having trouble digging out after the blizzard?

1172775.jpg

Forum List

Back