Hurry & Seat Al Franken

Discussion in 'Politics' started by sealybobo, Jun 16, 2009.

1. sealybobo

sealybobo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,215
    What the hell is taking the Minnesota Supreme Court so long? They're dragging their feet on purpose!!!

As the Minnesota Supreme Court prepares to hear arguments Monday morning (two weeks ago) in the state's long-running Senate race, Democrat Al Franken says he's confident the court will rule in his favor.

He says he's hopeful he will make it to the Senate in time to weigh in on health care and education reform.

MPR: Franken confident as Supreme Court hearing takes place today

2. Metternich

Metternich Federalist Farmer

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31
    It's really for his benefit; neither a intellectual, economist or really anything much more then a comedian. It is better for his reputation that he avoids this current finance regulation mumbo-jumbo and is around just for the easy sound-bite process that is socialized health care and education reactionism.

I have no doubt he'd be like Bawney Frank, on MSNBC, and storm off the TV when they casually go out of his depth on the subject of finance. So, win-win for him.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. sealybobo

sealybobo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,215
    I notice you guys attack hardest the people that scare you the most. Barnie Frank scares you, huh? And Al Franken too.

Need proof?

100 People Who Are Screwing Up America - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Book was written in 2005, and you right wingers were so afraid of Franken that you made sure to point out on the cover that he was number 37.

That was 2005. Now you are trying to pretend it doesn't matter? You sure spent a lot of time and energy to defeat him, and he beat you!!!

And he's a satirist, not a comedian. And he's also a writer, and political talk show host. He's very smart. And he cares about people. He'll be a great Senator. We need that vote. So hurry Al. :clap2:

4. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    *yawn*

More "you guys" crap from sillybooboo. There's no "you guys" here for anyone with even half a brain. Franken is an idiot. You don't care about him nor even know what hsi actual stances on issues are. You only care about his weighing in with his partisan vote, nothing more.

Sheep.

5. sealybobo

sealybobo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,215
    So I wasn't really listening to him when he had a radio show on Air America, right before he quit to run for this seat?

And YOU GUYS have been attacking him. Look at the cover of that book from 2005. YOU GUYS were shitting your pants about him 5 years ago. So don't tell me YOU GUYS arn't shitting your collective pants today. And YOU GUYS try so hard to demonize the people who I like the most. So I know it isn't because they are the MOST LIBERAL or DUMBEST Democrats. Its typically because they speak so matter of fact that it scares you.

For one, Barnie Frank is an independent. 2, he's right on the money whenever I hear him speak.

So when I hear YOU GUYS bash him, it makes me laugh.

Because YOU GUYS are a bunch of fucking morons, and Al Franken, no, SENATOR FRANKEN is smart. Get used to it bitch.

6. sealybobo

sealybobo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,215
    You must have been the worst Democrat ever before you jumped ship. :lol:

7. del

del BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,885
    sure he is, bozo. massachusetts has a long tradition of electing independents.
    :lol:

8. WillowTree

WillowTree Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,746
    franken is a bigger scum bag than dave letterman is..

9. Metternich

Metternich Federalist Farmer

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31
    Haines vs. Frank - Mises Economics Blog

This guy, scares us? You're right, he scares me because people actually voted for him - while he is clearly working against their best interests. He is my number one pick for an example in which the working class has been fooled so much into voting against their interests, they've sunk as low as Frank.

As for Al Franken? Are you serious? Srsly? He's not just a comedian, he's a satirist! No joke, are you or are you against Al Franken? I thought you were for, but after that statement I think you're actually against him in a subtle, yet funny, manner. :)

10. Navy1960

Navy1960 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,189
    Do you know everytime I hear Al Frankens name I always refer back to the same guy who played the part of the moron pulling the guy in the gorilla suit on "Trading Places" and then take solice that people like Al Franken are elected not on qualifications but simply because they are there and happen to have the right label attached. I honestly feel bad for the people of MN. that they will have him to represent them in the Senate and think to myself, this is the same state that elected a former Wrestler to be Gov. as well and they turned out great too. It should be interesting though to see Al Franken impart his wisdom upon the nation and hopefully he has learned a little more since pulling around an actor in a gorilla suit.