More government failure at containing the possible spread of EBOLA

You missed the point I see...

He was sent HOME and told to self monitor. NOT go on a vacation in an enclosed space with a thousand other people.

christ
It's Texas. What do you expect?

Yeeeeeeeee-HAWWWWWW!
I expect healthcare workers that are handling the disease to not be sent on a paid vacation as a so called self quarantine

Actually, the hospital didn't send him on the cruise. He did, and it wasn't for quarentine.

You said, and I quote: "I expect healthcare workers that are handling the disease to not be sent on a paid vacation as a so called self quarantine"

He was not sent on a cruise, he went. Possibly in violation of what he was told.
I never said he was sent on a cruise. I said he was sent on a paid vacation & he was.

So you are saying that if in the normal course if my duties I process the blood if an Ebola patient, then my hospital says I can't come back to work for three weeks then I shouldn't get paid for it? What exactly does getting paid have to do with anything?

Belize reports that the nurse on the cruise ship now has Ebola symptoms. That would mean everyone on board was potentially exposed.

It's become clear that this is far more contagious than first claimed. We need to get a handle on this and fast. The nurse probably believed the hype. Heck, Obama claimed to have hugged and kissed nurses who dealt with the Ebola patients, so why would the nurse have been worried?

We now know it takes up to 42 days to come down with symptoms so anyone believing the misinformation that it only took 21 days probably thought they were good to go after 3 weeks.

It's getting more difficult by the day to get a handle on this. It started in Africa with just a few people and look at them now. Great example of what happens when inept people are in charge.

Belize Confirms Patient With Ebola Symptoms On Cruise Ship Off Its Coast

Sorry, that isn't a credible source. First of all, it was a lab technician, not a nurse. It's being done for precautionary purposes.

Whatever. It was a person who was involved with the patient. Nice that you can summarily dismiss a source, but we should assume the worst till we know better. That has been the biggest problem so far. You can't just hope it's not a problem and proceed as if it won't spread. Having Obama making claims that you can't get it easily is dangerous. Not that people should panic, but we should be extra careful. Being flu season is already starting, it's wise to be cautious anyway, but more so now.

You should take your own advice.

Belize reports that the nurse on the cruise ship now has Ebola symptoms. That would mean everyone on board was potentially exposed.

It's become clear that this is far more contagious than first claimed. We need to get a handle on this and fast. The nurse probably believed the hype. Heck, Obama claimed to have hugged and kissed nurses who dealt with the Ebola patients, so why would the nurse have been worried?

We now know it takes up to 42 days to come down with symptoms so anyone believing the misinformation that it only took 21 days probably thought they were good to go after 3 weeks.

It's getting more difficult by the day to get a handle on this. It started in Africa with just a few people and look at them now. Great example of what happens when inept people are in charge.

Belize Confirms Patient With Ebola Symptoms On Cruise Ship Off Its Coast

Sorry, that isn't a credible source. First of all, it was a lab technician, not a nurse. It's being done for precautionary purposes.

Whatever. It was a person who was involved with the patient. Nice that you can summarily dismiss a source, but we should assume the worst till we know better. That has been the biggest problem so far. You can't just hope it's not a problem and proceed as if it won't spread. Having Obama making claims that you can't get it easily is dangerous. Not that people should panic, but we should be extra careful. Being flu season is already starting, it's wise to be cautious anyway, but more so now.
It is a fact you cannot get it easily.

Of the 100 or so non-medical people Patient Zero came into contact with, who was infected?

None.

This is the facts that so many people are ignoring. The reason this is true confirms what the CDC says about Ebola. That it is more contagious when a patient is in the end stages of the disease. That is why only people taking care if him while he was dying got infected, and not his family, not the EMTs, and not the people in the ER with his on his first visit there.

PANIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:biggrin:

Symptoms of Ebolysteria:

1. Fevered and delusional thinking.

2. Shit for brains.

3. Shit in pants.

4. Manufactured bullshit in mouth.

If you or anyone you know is displaying one or more of these symptoms, quarantine them and report to a course in Logic or Critical Thinking immediately.

WARNING: Fox News is a known vector of Ebolysteria.

More worried about the symptoms of denial.

1. Allowing sick people into country and not bring back quarantine rules.

2. Underestimating the threat of Ebola

3. Focusing more on reputation of administration than protecting people.

4. Lying about preparedness or passing blame to cover ineptness.

There are too many displaying these symptoms and it's reminiscent of the attitude when it first started in Africa.

1. Agreed
2. Mostly disagree
3. Agree 100%
4. Depends on who you are talking about.

You missed the point I see...

He was sent HOME and told to self monitor. NOT go on a vacation in an enclosed space with a thousand other people.

christ
I expect healthcare workers that are handling the disease to not be sent on a paid vacation as a so called self quarantine

Actually, the hospital didn't send him on the cruise. He did, and it wasn't for quarentine.

You said, and I quote: "I expect healthcare workers that are handling the disease to not be sent on a paid vacation as a so called self quarantine"

He was not sent on a cruise, he went. Possibly in violation of what he was told.
I never said he was sent on a cruise. I said he was sent on a paid vacation & he was.

So you are saying that if in the normal course if my duties I process the blood if an Ebola patient, then my hospital says I can't come back to work for three weeks then I shouldn't get paid for it? What exactly does getting paid have to do with anything?
WTF are you talking about? I didn't comment on him being paid as a bad thing.

So....when the tech from Texas and the nurse AREN'T found to have Ebola, will you chicken littles admit you may have overreacted a little? Or just move to a different patch of sky you're insisting has started to fall?
Well, you know what will happen. Suddenly the story will be that the Left had panicked while the Right was cool and collected the whole time.

Forum List

Back