More government failure at containing the possible spread of EBOLA

Belize reports that the nurse on the cruise ship now has Ebola symptoms. That would mean everyone on board was potentially exposed.

And by 'Ebola symptoms' you mean a low grade fever?

The only saving grace of Ebola is how utterly unique its symptoms are. As nothing but Ebola could ever cause a low grade fever.

Occam's Razor anyone?

So....when the tech from Texas and the nurse AREN'T found to have Ebola, will you chicken littles admit you may have overreacted a little? Or just move to a different patch of sky you're insisting has started to fall?

It's Texas. What do you expect?

Yeeeeeeeee-HAWWWWWW!
I expect healthcare workers that are handling the disease to not be sent on a paid vacation as a so called self quarantine

Of course you expect that you are in the peanut gallery where all things are possible but not plausible

Yeeeeeeeee-HAWWWWWW!
I expect healthcare workers that are handling the disease to not be sent on a paid vacation as a so called self quarantine

Of course you expect that you are in the peanut gallery where all things are possible but not plausible

Tech workers handle infectious diseases daily. And they go on vacation all the time. So what's the issue. The man in question has no symptoms.

Oh, and the 'republicans are black' picture isn't of a republican. Its a stock photo image.

Yeeeeeeeee-HAWWWWWW!

Actually, the hospital didn't send him on the cruise. He did, and it wasn't for quarentine.

Far be it for me to defend the government, but this lab guy should be safe. This is a precaution, nothing more. I agree however, that this administration is incompetent in the extreme.
If he was "safe" he wouldn't be under quarantine. And I think the "safety" of other passengers is more important than his need to vacation.

He's under quarantine as a precaution. Probably solely due to hysteria.

Far be it for me to defend the government, but this lab guy should be safe. This is a precaution, nothing more. I agree however, that this administration is incompetent in the extreme.
If he was "safe" he wouldn't be under quarantine. And I think the "safety" of other passengers is more important than his need to vacation.

You may want to read the article first:

The Carnival Magic was being held off the coast of Belize Friday until the lab worker could be removed and taken back to the U.S. "At this time, the guest remains in isolation on board the ship and is not deemed to be a risk to any guests or crew," Carnival said in a statement. "It is important to reiterate that the individual has no symptoms and has been isolated in an extreme abundance of caution."

So his isolation is an 'extreme abundance of caution' for a man that has no symptoms of any kind of any disease.

But that didn't stop you from soiling yourself over the matter, did it?
So you've missed the point entirely. I am not surprised. Much like the cdc & health officials you are inept as well

Belize reports that the nurse on the cruise ship now has Ebola symptoms. That would mean everyone on board was potentially exposed.

It's become clear that this is far more contagious than first claimed. We need to get a handle on this and fast. The nurse probably believed the hype. Heck, Obama claimed to have hugged and kissed nurses who dealt with the Ebola patients, so why would the nurse have been worried?

We now know it takes up to 42 days to come down with symptoms so anyone believing the misinformation that it only took 21 days probably thought they were good to go after 3 weeks.

It's getting more difficult by the day to get a handle on this. It started in Africa with just a few people and look at them now. Great example of what happens when inept people are in charge.

Belize Confirms Patient With Ebola Symptoms On Cruise Ship Off Its Coast

Sorry, that isn't a credible source. First of all, it was a lab technician, not a nurse. It's being done for precautionary purposes.

You missed the point I see...

He was sent HOME and told to self monitor. NOT go on a vacation in an enclosed space with a thousand other people.

christ

Yeeeeeeeee-HAWWWWWW!

Actually, the hospital didn't send him on the cruise. He did, and it wasn't for quarentine.

I can see that g5000 has complete faith in the CDC. Never mind their ineptitude in handling this deadly virus. He believes!
Please explain how the CDC is responsible for a Texas hospital putting a sick man back on the street because he had no insurance after he presented a fever and stated he had just come from West Africa.

I see you have some shit in your panties and in your mouth. Please report to the nearest quarantine facility.

I didn't say they weren't at fault. The guy was practically telling the staff at the hospital that he had been drinking infected blood. Now, explain to all of us how the CDC tells an infected nurse that its OK to fly commercial. Then, tell us how you would sit next to that nurse while she was sneezing up blood and saliva particles.

So....when the tech from Texas and the nurse AREN'T found to have Ebola, will you chicken littles admit you may have overreacted a little? Or just move to a different patch of sky you're insisting has started to fall?

Here's a clue for you ya nitwit. When my children were young if they showed any signs of illness I kept them home. Not in a fit of paranoia but in a fit of common sense. No point in possibly spreading illnesses to other children unnecessarily

He was sent HOME and told to self monitor. NOT go on a vacation in an enclosed space with a thousand other people.

christ

Yeeeeeeeee-HAWWWWWW!

You said, and I quote: "I expect healthcare workers that are handling the disease to not be sent on a paid vacation as a so called self quarantine"

He was not sent on a cruise, he went. Possibly in violation of what he was told.

PANIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:biggrin:

Symptoms of Ebolysteria:

1. Fevered and delusional thinking.

2. Shit for brains.

3. Shit in pants.

4. Manufactured bullshit in mouth.

If you or anyone you know is displaying one or more of these symptoms, quarantine them and report to a course in Logic or Critical Thinking immediately.

WARNING: Fox News is a known vector of Ebolysteria. Other vectors may include Breitbart, infowars, CNS News, The Washington Times, Newsmax, and investors.com.

christ

Yeeeeeeeee-HAWWWWWW!

You said, and I quote: "I expect healthcare workers that are handling the disease to not be sent on a paid vacation as a so called self quarantine"

He was not sent on a cruise, he went. Possibly in violation of what he was told.
I never said he was sent on a cruise. I said he was sent on a paid vacation & he was.

It's become clear that this is far more contagious than first claimed. We need to get a handle on this and fast. The nurse probably believed the hype. Heck, Obama claimed to have hugged and kissed nurses who dealt with the Ebola patients, so why would the nurse have been worried?

We now know it takes up to 42 days to come down with symptoms so anyone believing the misinformation that it only took 21 days probably thought they were good to go after 3 weeks.

It's getting more difficult by the day to get a handle on this. It started in Africa with just a few people and look at them now. Great example of what happens when inept people are in charge.

Sorry, that isn't a credible source. First of all, it was a lab technician, not a nurse. It's being done for precautionary purposes.

Whatever. It was a person who was involved with the patient. Nice that you can summarily dismiss a source, but we should assume the worst till we know better. That has been the biggest problem so far. You can't just hope it's not a problem and proceed as if it won't spread. Having Obama making claims that you can't get it easily is dangerous. Not that people should panic, but we should be extra careful. Being flu season is already starting, it's wise to be cautious anyway, but more so now.

Whatever. It was a person who was involved with the patient. Nice that you can summarily dismiss a source, but we should assume the worst till we know better. That has been the biggest problem so far. You can't just hope it's not a problem and proceed as if it won't spread. Having Obama making claims that you can't get it easily is dangerous. Not that people should panic, but we should be extra careful. Being flu season is already starting, it's wise to be cautious anyway, but more so now.
It is a fact you cannot get it easily.

Of the 100 or so non-medical people Patient Zero came into contact with, who was infected?

None.

PANIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Symptoms of Ebolysteria:

2. Shit for brains.

3. Shit in pants.

If you or anyone you know is displaying one or more of these symptoms, quarantine them and report to a course in Logic or Critical Thinking immediately.

WARNING: Fox News is a known vector of Ebolysteria.

More worried about the symptoms of denial.

1. Allowing sick people into country and not bring back quarantine rules.

2. Underestimating the threat of Ebola

3. Focusing more on reputation of administration than protecting people.

4. Lying about preparedness or passing blame to cover ineptness.

There are too many displaying these symptoms and it's reminiscent of the attitude when it first started in Africa.

PANIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Symptoms of Ebolysteria:

2. Shit for brains.

3. Shit in pants.

WARNING: Fox News is a known vector of Ebolysteria.

More worried about the symptoms of denial.

1. Allowing sick people into country and not bring back quarantine rules.

2. Underestimating the threat of Ebola

3. Focusing more on reputation of administration than protecting people.

4. Lying about preparedness or passing blame to cover ineptness.

There are too many displaying these symptoms and it's reminiscent of the attitude when it first started in Africa.
shut up...seriously shut up.....Fucking conspiracies on top of conspiracies.

Forum List

Back