more folks die from opiods than those who died in the entire Vietnam war, yet no one talks about it

There's that unspoken economic impact of war. It's good for business. The broken window fallacy.

All the profit in rebuilding. All the job openings because of the unintended population control.

We have a surplus population and we are only a compassionate "Christian" nation on Sundays and when it suits the politics of division. We really don't care about the homeless, the sick, or the druggies. Many see drug addiction as a weakness of character, a moral failing...

Also, opiates are the new opiate of masses... religion is not as effective as it used to be...

Back in my druggy college days, the one thing my friends and I agreed upon was not to do heroin or similar dangerous opiates. I did a shit ton of Vicodin, but never got addicted. Did Oxycontin a few times, but it was pretty weak shit. So I feel like, if you become a junkie, you're just kinda a weak little bitch and you deserve what you get.

Consider yourself lucky. Drugs like alcohol affects people differently. I've known some really great people in my time that fell prey to opioid products.

Like you, I tried opioid products and they didn't do squat for me. Beer? That's a different story.

Some people can do a line of coke when offered, but never go out to buy the crap themselves. They continue to live their life like always. Others? One snort and their entire life is ruined. They lose their job, their business, their family, because nothing means more to them then getting the next high.

It's not that I have such strong will power I'm able to fight off getting hooked on opioid products, it's just that it doesn't affect me the way it does others. That doesn't make me any better or worse than them, it just makes me luckier than them.

The President is willing to deal with it but it seems that the MSM and their Hollywood buddies might be dependent on the stuff themselves.

I don't know about that, but they sure are against his southern wall which would help greatly in our fight against opioid products.

You can't use something that isn't there.

Back in my druggy college days, the one thing my friends and I agreed upon was not to do heroin or similar dangerous opiates. I did a shit ton of Vicodin, but never got addicted. Did Oxycontin a few times, but it was pretty weak shit. So I feel like, if you become a junkie, you're just kinda a weak little bitch and you deserve what you get.

Consider yourself lucky. Drugs like alcohol affects people differently. I've known some really great people in my time that fell prey to opioid products.

Like you, I tried opioid products and they didn't do squat for me. Beer? That's a different story.

Some people can do a line of coke when offered, but never go out to buy the crap themselves. They continue to live their life like always. Others? One snort and their entire life is ruined. They lose their job, their business, their family, because nothing means more to them then getting the next high.

It's not that I have such strong will power I'm able to fight off getting hooked on opioid products, it's just that it doesn't affect me the way it does others. That doesn't make me any better or worse than them, it just makes me luckier than them.

I know. I was just trolling.

About the addicts being weak. I did do a lot of drugs in college, and like you, booze was my bane moreso than coke, MDA/MDMA, Vicodin, or even meth, which I tried a couple times.

I know. I was just trolling.

About the addicts being weak. I did do a lot of drugs in college, and like you, booze was my bane moreso than coke, MDA/MDMA, Vicodin, or even meth, which I tried a couple times.

To be honest I do feel badly for those people--especially those who got hooked accidentally using prescriptions.

Last month I attended a funeral of a friend. He was a well known user. At 53 years old, they found him dead on the kitchen floor. Two years before that, the son of my cousin OD'd. He died at the age of 28; hooked on the stuff since he was 14. In 2016, we lost over 60,000 Americans to opioid overdoses, and probably five times that many who were saved with Narcan.

It's hard to criticize people who's shoes you never walked in. I have my own vices in life so I understand; legal of course, but vices nonetheless.

The main drug dealers getting people hooked on opioids are Big Pharma in the US. They will never be arrested.

That's because they don't prescribe their product--they only produce it for our care givers.
They knowingly ship too many pills and pushed them on doctors by telling them it wasn't addictive. But don't worry, you can hold onto your Pharma stocks.

The main drug dealers getting people hooked on opioids are Big Pharma in the US. They will never be arrested.

That's because they don't prescribe their product--they only produce it for our care givers.
They knowingly ship too many pills and pushed them on doctors by telling them it wasn't addictive. But don't worry, you can hold onto your Pharma stocks.

Wait a minute, I've been around for quite some time, and opioid products have been know for their addictive properties since I was a child. Yes, we had heroin addicts back in the 60's and 70's. There is no way you can make the case to me that highly educated doctors were convinced by a pharmaceutical company that opioid products were not addictive.

The problem is not the drug companies, the problem is we are not doing enough to stop these drugs from hitting the streets. If people got addicted in the past, they went back to their care givers for help. Today those drugs are all over the place, and in fact, in 2016, we lost over 60,000 Americans to OD's. And guess what? Drug companies were always making those drugs. So why the epidemic now?

Wait a minute, I've been around for quite some time, and opioid products have been know for their addictive properties since I was a child. Yes, we had heroin addicts back in the 60's and 70's. There is no way you can make the case to me that highly educated doctors were convinced by a pharmaceutical company that opioid products were not addictive.

The problem is not the drug companies, the problem is we are not doing enough to stop these drugs from hitting the streets. If people got addicted in the past, they went back to their care givers for help. Today those drugs are all over the place, and in fact, in 2016, we lost over 60,000 Americans to OD's. And guess what? Drug companies were always making those drugs. So why the epidemic now?
Doctors were (are still?) being juiced with bonuses and other perks to prescribe opioids. Some doctors were outright drug dealers, as if the drug companies didn't think there was anything wrong to have one doctor prescribing 10 million of their pills in a year... And them shipping out so many pills. Um... no.

Because when pot was legalized illegally in some states rogue states became the new cartels. So being outproduced, the Mexican cartels simply began Importing massive amounts of way more addictive & deadly heroin into the US. The Pharma companies had already greased the skids & we are where we are today.

This is one issue that is nonpartisan & now knows no class boundaries. Everyone it seems knows someone dead or dying from heroin now. I can think of five people off the top of my head.

`
The so-called religious evangelicals consider such deaths as punishment from god.
`
I don't think that's the case. Certainly from reading conservative posts here there nothing but compassion. Go back to your hole you faith-hating scumbag. The adults are talking about an important topic here.

IMO we should make all drugs legal, end the farce that is the war on drugs and reallocate some of those trillions of dollars to provide rehab rather than jail time

And drug dealers do not kill anyone the people using kill themselves

WTH are you talking about? Can the religious babble. It's all a front.
`

Are you suggesting that religious organizations don't provide and manage a large segment of the available detox and recovery centers?
Are you suggesting that they would do that if they believed it was God's will to punish people with addiction?

Are you suggesting that religious organizations don't provide and manage a large segment of the available detox and recovery centers? Are you suggesting that they would do that if they believed it was God's will to punish people with addiction?
`
I'm not suggesting, I'm telling you, you're babbling nonsense.

Forum List

Back