more folks die from opiods than those who died in the entire Vietnam war, yet no one talks about it

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
we need a national conversation on how to battle opiod deaths. these drug dealers need to be executed. a drug dealer can cause the deaths of thousands of people!

The main drug dealers getting people hooked on opioids are Big Pharma in the US. They will never be arrested.

more folks die from opiods than those who died in the entire Vietnam war, yet no one talks about it

yes, people do talk about it.

As with SO MANY things in our fucked up culture, there seems to be a compulsion to blame ANYBODY but the one responsible.

Essentially all of the opioid-related deaths is the result of INDIVIDUALS voluntarily taking a deadly substance into their bodies, and paying the price.

Whose fault is it?

Too obvious.

But "we" want to blame the pharmaceutical companies, the doctors, the peddlers on the street. No. Suicide is suicide. Morally, there is no victim. You cannot victimize yourself.

The President will not find a solution. Congress will not find a solution. The cops will not find a solution. Teachers will not find a solution. Individuals in large numbers will have to get their heads out of their asses. Nancy Reagan was right. "Just say no."

And blaming everyone BUT the person taking the drugs doesn't help.

No one talks about, you say? Then why are people talking about it every time I turn on the TV?

The fact of the matter is that opioids are a fucking miracle drug for people suffering from severe, debilitating pain.

Nobody who is suffering should be denied pain medication simply because there are junkies on the street overdosing on heroin.

As with SO MANY things in our fucked up culture, there seems to be a compulsion to blame ANYBODY but the one responsible.

Essentially all of the opioid-related deaths is the result of INDIVIDUALS voluntarily taking a deadly substance into their bodies, and paying the price.

Whose fault is it?

Too obvious.

But "we" want to blame the pharmaceutical companies, the doctors, the peddlers on the street. No. Suicide is suicide. Morally, there is no victim. You cannot victimize yourself.

The President will not find a solution. Congress will not find a solution. The cops will not find a solution. Teachers will not find a solution. Individuals in large numbers will have to get their heads out of their asses. Nancy Reagan was right. "Just say no."

good thing then we can end the war on drugs..

The reason people don't talk about it is because the left who were against the Vietnam War and enabled us to loose it even though we were winning it do not actually care about people, their wellbeing, freedom, and capitalism. Only power and endless suffering and sorrow. It's a mental illness.

Because opiate deaths are 100% self-induced. Nobody put a gun to an addict's head and forced them to start doing the drug in the first place.

Now having said that, I don't know why people are freaking out over mild opiate pills like Vicodin. It's pretty hard to overdose on (those large pills are rough enough on the stomach an overdose is more likely to cause too much vomiting to digest a lethal amount), and I know from several dental surgeries of experience that Vicodin has the shortest, most forgiving withdrawal of any addictive drug; after a week, week and a half, you feel mostly normal again. That's why I don't understand why spoiled brat celebrities are such wimpy little snowflakes, they need inpatient treatment for a Vike addiction, it's not that difficult. If anything, the megadose of Tylenol in Vicodin is a lot harsher on the vital organs than the hydrocodone.

The reason people don't talk about it is because the left who were against the Vietnam War and enabled us to loose it even though we were winning it do not actually care about people, their wellbeing, freedom, and capitalism. Only power and endless suffering and sorrow. It's a mental illness.

Now that is one helluva run on sentence my friend.

Because opiate deaths are 100% self-induced. Nobody put a gun to an addict's head and forced them to start doing the drug in the first place.

Now having said that, I don't know why people are freaking out over mild opiate pills like Vicodin. It's pretty hard to overdose on (those large pills are rough enough on the stomach an overdose is more likely to cause too much vomiting to digest a lethal amount), and I know from several dental surgeries of experience that Vicodin has the shortest, most forgiving withdrawal of any addictive drug; after a week, week and a half, you feel mostly normal again. That's why I don't understand why spoiled brat celebrities are such wimpy little snowflakes, they need inpatient treatment for a Vike addiction, it's not that difficult. If anything, the megadose of Tylenol in Vicodin is a lot harsher on the vital organs than the hydrocodone.

The addiction is different for everyone. We who don't have the problem really cannot understand the hold that these things have on addicts. I'm very fortunate, my brother escaped alcohol and my son escaped opioids.

The President is willing to deal with it but it seems that the MSM and their Hollywood buddies might be dependent on the stuff themselves.

The addiction is different for everyone. We who don't have the problem really cannot understand the hold that these things have on addicts. I'm very fortunate, my brother escaped alcohol and my son escaped opioids.

I understand that, but Vicodin and heroin have such a gargantuan degree of difference in sheer magnitude of addiction, I think it's silly for doctors and people in general to be paranoid of something as mild as Vicodin. Yes, I do realize that some people "graduate" from hydrocodone to stronger and stronger opiates, but that's the fault of the individual person, not opium pills. There are millions of people who have taken Vicodin in the long-term but didn't move on to heroin. I've never done heroin or morphine in my life, but there have been times I was taking more than a dozen Vicodins a day.

I understand that, but Vicodin and heroin have such a gargantuan degree of difference in sheer magnitude of addiction, I think it's silly for doctors and people in general to be paranoid of something as mild as Vicodin.

Oh I completely agree, Vicodin for me is no better than Advil. I was amazed that Brett Farve had so much trouble getting off of Vicodin.

we need a national conversation on how to battle opiod deaths. these drug dealers need to be executed. a drug dealer can cause the deaths of thousands of people!
Why? If someone is dumb enough to stick heroin in their veins, that is just basic Darwinism thinning the herds. We don’t need to “save” people from themselves.

Back in my druggy college days, the one thing my friends and I agreed upon was not to do heroin or similar dangerous opiates. I did a shit ton of Vicodin, but never got addicted. Did Oxycontin a few times, but it was pretty weak shit. So I feel like, if you become a junkie, you're just kinda a weak little bitch and you deserve what you get.

Whose fault is it?

Too obvious.

good thing then we can end the war on drugs..

We should have done that decades ago. what a waste of money and resources.

The fact the they have been cut across the board to even the Vet s drugs they give dogs and cats are stupid. they include cancer paintants

Forum List

Back