More economic good news, unemployment rate drops to 8.6%

"...315,000 people had given up looking for work and were no longer counted as unemployed.

Employers added 120,000 jobs last month."

315,000 is bigger than 120,000.

You see that, right?

How is this "good news"?

Good news for this Friday.
I want to see Americans back to work.
I want to see our economny come back strong.
I want this trend to continue but I don't feel confident it will.

LOL my posts and masquerade's post make you look a bit partisan and foolish rightwinger...its almost like you only care how these numbers affect Obama.

Unemployment going down.

Auto sales up 13.9%,

Pending home sales up 10%,

Retail sales up 16%,

The stock market up 500 points...

It looks like the train is leaving the station.

Obama must fail.......so obviously Obamas policies had nothing to do with that. You might even claim that all of those economic indicators would have done better if Obama did nothing

Unemployment going down.

Auto sales up 13.9%,

Retail sales up 16%,

more good news :thup:

Got any links for those (well i know the stock market one because the ticker is running ;))

Dont get excited about auto sales. In my area they are offering half price off of MSRP

Or .09 financing with a credit score of 490...... Sound financial decisions.

One more time.

315,000 > 120,000

Real unemployment actually went UP .2%

You all see that, right?

Last edited:
Unemployment going down.

Auto sales up 13.9%,

Retail sales up 16%,

The stimulus will kick in any day now, then the summer of recovery can begin.

Way to Boehner :clap2::clap2::clap2: You blocked Barrack and see what you got. :clap2::clap2::clap2:

The Stimulus did kick in..

Jindal takes credit for stimulus, presents constituents with jumbo-sized stimulus check. | ThinkProgress
Perry and the Stimulus: It's Complicated — 2012 Presidential Election | The Texas Tribune

Which part of this shit is so complicated for you to understand.

Bush did a 9/11 on the economy. And it generally takes longer to build then to destroy.

Unemployment going down.

Auto sales up 13.9%,

Retail sales up 16%,

Way to Boehner :clap2::clap2::clap2: You blocked Barrack and see what you got. :clap2::clap2::clap2:

Jindal takes credit for stimulus, presents constituents with jumbo-sized stimulus check. | ThinkProgress
Perry and the Stimulus: It's Complicated — 2012 Presidential Election | The Texas Tribune

Bush did a 9/11 on the economy. And it generally takes longer to build then to destroy.

The stimulus failed its metrics even the white house admitted such..

But thanks for playing.

Unemployment rate falls to 8.6% in November

(AP) Washington (AP) —The unemployment rate fell last month to its lowest level in more than two and a half years, as employers stepped up hiring in response to the slowly improving economy.

The Labor Department says the unemployment rate dropped sharply to 8.6% last month, from 9% in October. The rate hasn't been that low since March 2009, during the depths of the recession.
Employers added 120,000 jobs last month. And the previous two months were revised up to show that 72,000 more jobs added — the fourth straight month the government revised prior months higher.
Still, one reason the unemployment rate fell so much was because roughly 315,000 people gave up looking for work and were no longer counted as unemployed.
Copyright 2011 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

This is great news.

Let's hope it holds.

Unemployment going down.

Auto sales up 13.9%,

Retail sales up 16%,

Got any links for those (well i know the stock market one because the ticker is running ;))

Pending Sales of U.S. Existing Homes Rose 10.4% in October - Businessweek

Auto sales soar in November - latimes.com

Thanksgiving retail sales climb 16% to record high - SFGate

Unemployment going down.

Auto sales up 13.9%,

Retail sales up 16%,

Pending Sales of U.S. Existing Homes Rose 10.4% in October - Businessweek

Auto sales soar in November - latimes.com

Thanksgiving retail sales climb 16% to record high - SFGate

WE BLOCKED BARACK, and look what we got.

Unemployment going down.

Auto sales up 13.9%,

Retail sales up 16%,

It did and that is why we are not at lower unemployment now.

What part of that don't you understand ?

So, if we just stop counting unemployed people as unemployed, we'll be fully employed, right?

It did and that is why we are not at lower unemployment now.

What part of that don't you understand ?

They are still struggling with the meaning of stimulus. They thought it meant crony payoffs with maintaining the status quo.

But thanks for playing.

BUT.. BUT... BUT... Stink Progress Says Different... :rolleyes:

Unemployment rate falls to 8.6% in November

(AP) Washington (AP) —The unemployment rate fell last month to its lowest level in more than two and a half years, as employers stepped up hiring in response to the slowly improving economy.

The Labor Department says the unemployment rate dropped sharply to 8.6% last month, from 9% in October. The rate hasn't been that low since March 2009, during the depths of the recession.
Employers added 120,000 jobs last month. And the previous two months were revised up to show that 72,000 more jobs added — the fourth straight month the government revised prior months higher.
Still, one reason the unemployment rate fell so much was because roughly 315,000 people gave up looking for work and were no longer counted as unemployed.
Copyright 2011 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

This is great news.

Let's hope it holds.

Great news? I think not.
Good news for the day. Sure.

the2bstimulus2band2bjobs.jpg

gdp_recov.png

dow_jones_industrial_average_during_the_obama_administration.png

WE BLOCKED BARACK, and look what we got.

I would not get to excited.

Auto sales, in terms of actual volumes is not what it was a year ago (as I understand it)

Auto Sales - Markets Data Center - WSJ.com

If you look at the graph, we went through this once before. Then sales fell off substancially.

We will see if this can be sustained.

Oh...look...Octocrissy Inked in his pants.

Ever notice that the GDP growth for the first two quarters of 2011 is next to nothing ?

Last edited:

But thanks for playing.

BUT.. BUT... BUT... Stink Progress Says Different... :rolleyes:

THEY SHOULD HAVE HAD THE WHITE HOUSE ISSUE A RETRACTION.:lol:

Forum List

Back