More economic good news: 173,000 jobs added, unemployment drops to 5.1%

Says the partisan hack...
Partisan hack for which party?
Which side is the right wingers on again Bubs? You know the dishonest Klowns like YOU?
I'm so glad you responded.

Tell me, what are my views on war, abortion, gay marriage, unions, health care, personal income taxation and financial regulation? Go ahead, tell me.

If you can't, I'll be more than happy to provide links to those opinions. Please, go ahead ask. Any of them. All of them.

I'm tempted to say that your ideological zealotry has blinded you, but it occurs to me that at least a blind person KNOWS they're blind.

You, on the other hand, are simply crazed.

Go ahead, ask. Looking forward to it.

Which side is the right wingers on again Bubs? You know the dishonest Klowns like YOU?

Tell me, what are my views on war, abortion, gay marriage, unions, health care, personal income taxation and financial regulation? Go ahead, tell me.

If you can't, I'll be more than happy to provide links to those opinions. Please, go ahead ask. Any of them. All of them.

I'm tempted to say that your ideological zealotry has blinded you, but it occurs to me that at least a blind person KNOWS they're blind.

Pretty simple Bubs

You are against Dubya's war of choice

Pro choice

Pro gay marriage

Pro union "rights", to a degree BUT anti Gov't unions

H/C? Prob support ACA

Income tax? You think the max rate ANYONE pays should be 40% or so

You're for regulation of the markets, BUT can't be honest about which branch is most responsible for it (EXECUTIVE BRANCH!)

How'd I do you "moderate", dishonest right winger?

Pretty simple Bubs

Pro choice

Pro gay marriage

H/C? Prob support ACA

You're for regulation of the markets, BUT can't be honest about which branch is most responsible for it (EXECUTIVE BRANCH!)

This gets even more bizarre.

You list several issues on which I agree with Democrats, and I'm a partisan hack right winger?

Dafuq?

And actually, I would add 4 new marginal rates, up to 59%, but nice try there.

I was right. You really ARE crazed.

Pretty simple Bubs

Pro choice

Pro gay marriage

H/C? Prob support ACA

You list several issues on which I agree with Democrats, and I'm a partisan hack right winger?

Dafuq?

You mean you AREN'T batshit crazy like the majority of wingers, that doesn't make you non partisan Bubs, sorry, ALL you do is attack the "left", NEVER the right.

Marginal? lol. Mines effective (hint, hint HIT IT OUT OF THE PARK RIGHT BUBS? LOL )

Pretty simple Bubs

Pro choice

Pro gay marriage

H/C? Prob support ACA

Dafuq?

You mean you AREN'T batshit crazy like the majority of wingers, that doesn't make you non partisan Bubs, sorry, ALL you do is attack the "left", NEVER the right.

Marginal? lol. Mines effective (hint, hint HIT IT OUT OF THE PARK RIGHT BUBS? LOL )
That's probably as close to an admission that could be expected from someone like you.

I wonder what you're like in real life. You can't possibly be this cartoonish.

Pretty simple Bubs

Pro choice

Pro gay marriage

H/C? Prob support ACA

Dafuq?

That's probably as close to an admission that could be expected from someone like you.

I wonder what you're like in real life. You can't possibly be this cartoonish.

Your projection noted right wing partisan!

Keep dreaming leemings

This economy is on life support and dying a slow death

Like I have said and now the data supports my assumption that the average voter goes maybe 2 generations deep in America

-Geaux

698K Native-Born Americans Lost Their Job In August: Why This Suddenly Is The Most Important Jobs Chart
domestic%20vs%20foreign%20cumulative.jpg

After the Fed admitted over a year ago that the US unemployment rate (which in 2012 was supposed to be a rate hike "threshold" once it hit 6.5% and is now at 5.1%) has become irrelevant in a country where a record 94 million people have left the labor force, and with the Fed poised to hike rates even though US hourly wages have not only not increased for the past 7 years, but for the vast majority of the labor force continue to decline, some have asked - is there any labor-related chart that matters any more?

The answer: a resounding yes, only it is none of the conventional charts that algos and sometimes humans look at.

The one chart that matters more than ever,has little to nothing to do with the Fed's monetary policy, but everything to do with the November 2016 presidential elections in which the topic of immigration, both legal and illegal, is shaping up to be the most rancorous, contentious and divisive.

The chart is the following, showing the cumulative addition of foreign-born and native-born workers added to US payrolls according to the BLS since December 2007, i.e., since the start of the recession/Second Great Depression.

domestic%20vs%20foreign%20August%202015_0.jpg

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-...ob-august-why-suddenly-most-important-jobs-ch

Keep dreaming leemings

Like I have said and now the data supports my assumption that the average voter goes maybe 2 generations deep in America

-Geaux

698K Native-Born Americans Lost Their Job In August: Why This Suddenly Is The Most Important Jobs Chart

After the Fed admitted over a year ago that the US unemployment rate (which in 2012 was supposed to be a rate hike "threshold" once it hit 6.5% and is now at 5.1%) has become irrelevant in a country where a record 94 million people have left the labor force, and with the Fed poised to hike rates even though US hourly wages have not only not increased for the past 7 years, but for the vast majority of the labor force continue to decline, some have asked - is there any labor-related chart that matters any more?

The answer: a resounding yes, only it is none of the conventional charts that algos and sometimes humans look at.

The one chart that matters more than ever,has little to nothing to do with the Fed's monetary policy, but everything to do with the November 2016 presidential elections in which the topic of immigration, both legal and illegal, is shaping up to be the most rancorous, contentious and divisive.

The chart is the following, showing the cumulative addition of foreign-born and native-born workers added to US payrolls according to the BLS since December 2007, i.e., since the start of the recession/Second Great Depression.

698K Native-Born Americans Lost Their Job In August: Why This Suddenly Is The Most Important Jobs Chart | Zero Hedge

FAUN:

Poor, demented, vagisil. That's not seasonally adjusted data. :eusa_doh: The number of employed native-born workers goes up every year as the summer begins and down every year at the end of the summer. That's why folks with a brain only reference seasonally adjusted figures when discussing unemployment.

Year Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
-19 638 -34 387 1015 97 -905 70 317 529 -490
2008 -1482 5 803 309 253 218 -25 -587 -755 605 -542 -1115
-2150 68 -570 276 40 164 160 -820 -1164 18 -192 -378
-944 383 641 743 -114 -30 542 -380 -16 -20 -439 -23
-1335 807 756 686 -108 57 251 -77 234 61 101 -406
-892 1073 414 748 313 528 -301 -437 653 519 -374 -433
-1320 541 436 931 616 124 252 -748 -66 -340 544 -178
-577 417 803 775 367 644 118 -1175 -86 1030 -394 -258
-301 379 320 1071 482 579 182 -698

Bureau of Labor Statistics Data[/B]

How embarrassing for you.

LOL

More economic good news: 173,000 jobs added, unemployment drops to 5.1% | Page 16 | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Cue outrage over workforce participation rate

Employers added 173,000 jobs in a key report that could help the Federal Reserve decide whether to raise interest rates later this month.
The unemployment rate fell from 5.3% to 5.1%, lowest since March 2008.

Jobs

Is that counting all the illegals doing jobs "Americans don't want"?

We still have a record number of people not in the workforce. That is the only way the "unemployment rate" goes down with this administration.

We do not have record numbers of people not in the workforce

Do you know what the term "record" means?

I hate point out the obvious here, Kiddies...but the US economy is grinding along...just as it's been for the past eight years. You can tell it is because if it weren't...then the Fed would be raising interest rates. The Fed won't be doing that however because quite frankly they're scared to death that Wall Street will crater if they do.

EIGHT YEARS? HINT DUBYA'S PONZI SCHEME HOUSING BUBBLE ALLOWED IT TO APPEAR AS GROWTH, BUT THERE WAS NONE

The Economic Blue Screen of Death

James Kennedy and Alan Greenspan, on the effect of mortgage equity withdrawals (MEWs) on the growth of the US economy.

jm101708image004_5F00_3.gif

Notice that in both 2001 and 2002, the US economy continued to grow on an annual basis (the "technical" recession was just a few quarters). Their work suggests that this growth was entirely due to MEWs. In fact, MEWs contributed over 3% to GDP growth in 2004 and 2005, and 2% in 2006. Without US homeowners using their homes as an ATM, the economy would have been very sluggish indeed, averaging much less than 1% for the six years of the Bush presidency. Indeed, as a side observation, without home equity withdrawals the economy would have been so bad it would have been almost impossible for Bush to have won a second term.

Now let's look at the update that James Kennedy posted last week to his numbers. While he does not have an update to the chart above, we do have the actual numbers for new mortgage equity withdrawals through the second quarter of this year. And what they show is MEWs simply withering on the vine. The engine of our GDP growth has essentially been turned off. Look at the fall in the numbers for yourself:

jm101708image005_5F00_3.gif

In 2005 there was almost $595 billion in mortgage extractions that went into some kind of consumer spending. Remember, according to the graph above, that translated into a 3% rise in GDP. In 2007, MEWs were down to $470 billion, for a boost of 2% to GDP.

The second quarter of 2008 saw an anemic $9.5 billion. At that run rate, we could see a drop-off of over 90% from 2005! Now, think what the second quarter would have been without the federal stimulus program of $150 billion. It might have looked and felt like this quarter!

The Economic Blue Screen of Death

RONNIE REAGAN/DUBYA BUSH AND GOP RUN DEBT ECONOMIES RUN OFF THE CREDIT CARD, NOTHING MORE!

Preach.....I find it ironic and so hypocritical of the GOP to praise Reagan as this GOP God, when this man and the debt he left this nation in, was entered into the Genis Book of records, that's how high of a debt he left. Yet they praise this guy as being this fiscal genius. The only legacy he left was more people kicked off of welfare, the Aids crisis he ignored and this on going spend thrift with Russia, oh and the 700 dollar toilet seat the Pentagon wasted of tax payers money.
The unemployment rate at this point in Reagan's term was 5.9% :ack-1:

It was 4.6% when Repubs and Bush were in power, and you progressives screamed and howled about it.

The real unemployment rate under Obama was consistantly 9+ percent, but not counting all those that bowed out of the workforce he gets to claim it went down. The economy will not recover until he leaves office or if Repubs can get a super majority to overwrite his vetos.
I like how you compare the U3 rate under Bush with the U6 rate under Obama. Nice. :thup:

Even better, I like how you credit Bush with the real estate bubble while the economy was good and unemployment was low; but then blame Democrats for the real estate bubble after it collapsed. If nothing else, you expose how dishonest you are, thanks!

Keep dreaming leemings

-Geaux

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-...ob-august-why-suddenly-most-important-jobs-ch
That's non-seasonally adjusted data, which means it fluctuates drastically. A few months earlier, native born employment growth was by over a million jobs in one month. August, typically has a huge drop. At this point in Bush's presidency, it fell by almost a million jobs in August of 2007.

It was 4.6% when Repubs and Bush were in power
With 80+ million not in the workforce and 12+ million unemployed Bush's "real" UE rate was 43%.

LOL, yea the "real" rate was 43% under Bush. Bush had a much higher workforce participation rate WITH low unemployment rates.

U6 or U3 data shows the same results, Republican control has far better numbers than Dems.

U6 Unemployment Rate | MacroTrends

As you can see, when Dems took control of congress in 2007 things went downhill fast, but when Obama and the Dems were in total power, unemployment skyrocketed. It wasn't until the Dems lost the very next election and Repubs took the house could the economy even begin to recover. Thanks to that "obstructionist" repub house they slowed the damage. Now all we need to do is get Dems out of the White House and a real recovery can begin.

Employers added 173,000 jobs in a key report that could help the Federal Reserve decide whether to raise interest rates later this month.

Jobs

We still have a record number of people not in the workforce. That is the only way the "unemployment rate" goes down with this administration.

Yes, it wasn't been this low since the Carter years. That's a 37 year record low workforce participation rate.

You progressives always accuse republicans of wanting to turn back the clock. Looks like your Dems turned us back to the Carter era.

With 80+ million not in the workforce and 12+ million unemployed Bush's "real" UE rate was 43%.

LOL, yea the "real" rate was 43% under Bush. Bush had a much higher workforce participation rate WITH low unemployment rates.

U6 or U3 data shows the same results, Republican control has far better numbers than Dems.

As you can see, when Dems took control of congress in 2007 things went downhill fast, but when Obama and the Dems were in total power, unemployment skyrocketed. It wasn't until the Dems lost the very next election and Repubs took the house could the economy even begin to recover. Thanks to that "obstructionist" repub house they slowed the damage. Now all we need to do is get Dems out of the White House and a real recovery can begin.
Pure BULLSHIT!

Pure BULLSHIT!
Of course it is. He's actually crediting Rupublicans with the real estate bubble but then blaming Democrats for the real estate bubble.

:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

Jobs

Yes, it wasn't been this low since the Carter years. That's a 37 year record low workforce participation rate.

You progressives always accuse republicans of wanting to turn back the clock. Looks like your Dems turned us back to the Carter era.

Retirement Among Baby Boomers Contributing To Shrinking Labor Force.

Demographics have always played a big role in the rise and fall of the labor force. Between 1960 and 2000, the labor force in the United States surged from 59 percent to a peak of 67.3 percent. That was largely due to the fact that more women were entering the labor force while improvements in health and information technology allowed Americans to work more years.

But since 2000, the labor force rate has been steadily declining as the baby-boom generation has been retiring. Because of this, the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago expects the labor force participation rate to be lower in 2020 than it is today, regardless of how well the economy does.

In a March report titled "Dispelling an Urban Legend," Dean Maki, an economist at Barclays Capital, found that demographics accounted for a majority of the drop in the participation rate since 2002.

The incredible shrinking labor force

GOT ANY BILLS TO POINT TO THAT CAUSED THE DEMS TO CRASH THE ECONOMY? HOW ABOUT THE GOP BILLS THAT SAVED IT? lol

Forum List

Back