More Christians are conservative meanwhile Christ was liberal...

Like what?
Proverbs 18:2
A fool takes no pleasure in understanding, but only in expressing his opinion.
Proverbs 1:7
fools despise wisdom and instruction.
Proverbs 18:7
A fool's mouth is his ruin, and his lips are a snare to his soul.
Proverbs 17:28
Even a fool who keeps silent is considered wise; when he closes his lips, he is deemed intelligent.
so many more.....
So the bible has passages to insult anyone you want? That's pretty cool. But I didn't think that it would need to stoop so low. But I guess when your audience is simpletons...
????....stooping?......that is very helpful advice......if you didn't despise wisdom and instruction you would have realized that......
The bible advising you on how to treat people as fools? How nice. Was the bible written by a 9 year old?

Stop acting like a fool and people wont treat you as one.

It's better to remain silent and look like a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
Wow! You bible people sure do like to call people names. Is that what Jesus did? Or just John Smith?

A book about how an invisible guy made fools and then wantred others to go around calling them fools and making fun of them like you're trying to do (btw, epic fail)? If that's not written by a moron...
nobody made you a fool....its the path you chose.....
No, you quote the bible to call me a fool and think it's okay to do so. A pretty childish book, no?
???....I didn't quote the Bible to call you a fool....I used posts like #118 to identify you as a fool and then mentioned what the Bible said about you....do you think the book is more childish than post #118?......if so, it verifies you are in fact a fool......
You really don't like it when someone nails you on your own posts,
I have never had the experience....describe to me what you are feeling.......
Superior. Much.

How do you know about "the first humans"?
How about explaining "we are disobedient"?
do you believe, apart from God incarnate, that any human being has been completely obedient to God?.....

---
How do you know about any god, or that which is supernatural (not material)?
I'm sorry....I am having trouble seeing how that is responsive to the question I asked.....did you decide to begin a totally different discussion?......

nobody made you a fool....its the path you chose.....
No, you quote the bible to call me a fool and think it's okay to do so. A pretty childish book, no?
???....I didn't quote the Bible to call you a fool....I used posts like #118 to identify you as a fool and then mentioned what the Bible said about you....do you think the book is more childish than post #118?......if so, it verifies you are in fact a fool......
You really don't like it when someone nails you on your own posts,
I have never had the experience....describe to me what you are feeling.......
Superior. Much.
yes......often......

do you believe, apart from God incarnate, that any human being has been completely obedient to God?.....

---
I'm sorry....I am having trouble seeing how that is responsive to the question I asked.....did you decide to begin a totally different discussion?......

---
You asked me a question about "God", and I could not relate to your reference.
In order to be responsive, I want to understand how you experience "God" and if I can share a similar experience ... in order to answer your question about obedience.

Yes, me.
well, you just lied..there goes your faultless record......
God lied too, he said that we have free will, but if we don't do certain things, he won't let us into heaven. So he lied, we don't have free will. So I'm just like god.

Yes, me.
God lied too, he said that we have free will, but if we don't do certain things, he won't let us into heaven. So he lied, we don't have free will. So I'm just like god.

---

---
You asked me a question about "God", and I could not relate to your reference.
In order to be responsive, I want to understand how you experience "God" and if I can share a similar experience ... in order to answer your question about obedience.
since we are discussing Christian beliefs it is logical to think in terms of what Christians believe about God......if you are not already familiar with that why do you believe you are qualified to debate Christian beliefs?.....

an obvious absurdity.....the free will we discuss is the choice about whether or not you do what is required to go to heaven........if you choose not to do so it does not mean you don't have the power to choose......

an obvious absurdity.....the free will we discuss is the choice about whether or not you do what is required to go to heaven........if you choose not to do so it does not mean you don't have the power to choose......
So you really have no free will, because if you don't obey you go to hell to burn for all eternity. It's like saying you have free will to disobey me but if you do disobey, I'll shoot you dead. That's not free will no matter how you try to spin it.

Proverbs 18:2
A fool takes no pleasure in understanding, but only in expressing his opinion.
Proverbs 1:7
fools despise wisdom and instruction.
Proverbs 18:7
A fool's mouth is his ruin, and his lips are a snare to his soul.
Proverbs 17:28
Even a fool who keeps silent is considered wise; when he closes his lips, he is deemed intelligent.
so many more.....
So the bible has passages to insult anyone you want? That's pretty cool. But I didn't think that it would need to stoop so low. But I guess when your audience is simpletons...
????....stooping?......that is very helpful advice......if you didn't despise wisdom and instruction you would have realized that......
The bible advising you on how to treat people as fools? How nice. Was the bible written by a 9 year old?

It's better to remain silent and look like a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
Wow! You bible people sure do like to call people names. Is that what Jesus did? Or just John Smith?

I'm not calling you a name. I'm using a word to describe how you act. And if you are a all serious about what you are saying there you've just reinforced the point.

Yes, me.

You just contradicted yourself. Free will allows us to make choices and face the consequences of our choices. The fact that you make choices that have bad consequences doesn't mean you aren't free to choose.

If I choose to walk out onto a busy highway I didn't have my free will taken from me merely because I get hit by a truck.

If I choose to drink I haven't lost my free will because i have a hang over the next day.

Our choices determine our destiny. Our choices would be meaningless without consequences.

So you really have no free will, because if you don't obey you go to hell to burn for all eternity. It's like saying you have free will to disobey me but if you do disobey, I'll shoot you dead. That's not free will no matter how you try to spin it.

Except it is. Because you can choose either way.

You must be unclear on the concept of free will. It's not free will to say that if you don't do what I say, I'll shoot you dead. Don't be an ass.

Yes, me.

You just contradicted yourself. Free will allows us to make choices and face the consequences of our choices. The fact that you make choices that have bad consequences doesn't mean you aren't free to choose.

If I choose to walk out onto a busy highway I didn't have my free will taken from me merely because I get hit by a truck.

If I choose to drink I haven't lost my free will because i have a hang over the next day.

Our choices determine our destiny. Our choices would be meaningless without consequences.
You're comparing burning for all eternity in Hell to a hangover? EPIC FAIL. Please try again.

I'm not calling you a name. I'm using a word to describe how you act. And if you are a all serious about what you are saying there you've just reinforced the point.
A fool is someone who believes in golden plates and magic underwear. Now you know.

You must be unclear on the concept of free will. It's not free will to say that if you don't do what I say, I'll shoot you dead. Don't be an ass.

I understand free will quite well. Which is why I know that free will is impossible unless our actions have consequences.

I understand why you dont like the fact that there are consequences for your actions. You are afraid to face them. But you don't have to be. Jesus Christ suffered for your sins and you can have a clean slate because of Him and choose the good instead.

You are free to choose eternal life and liberty or captivity and death. The power is yours and you have no person to blame but yourself if you choose the bad.

Forum List

Back